List Mgmt. $$$$, Who gets what on our list?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Taking into account historical performance, current performance and projected performance who in your opinion should be earning what per season on our list? Not going into a detailed analysis of cap space etc but if I was starting fresh next year it would be something like this-

Dayne Beams 800k
Dayne Zorko 800k
Tom Rockliff 800k
Allen Christensen 650k
Mitch Robinson 650k
Daniel Rich 600k
Nick Robertson 550k
Stefan Martin 500k

Harris Andrews 400k
Eric Hipwood 350k
Josh Schache 350k
Lewis Taylor 350k
Tom Cutler 350k
Sam Mayes 350k
Daniel McStay 300k
Darcy Gardner 300k
Rhys Matheison 300k
Jake Barrett 300k
Ryan Lester 300k
Ben Keays 250k
Marco Paparone 250k
Sam Skinner 200k
Liam Dawson 200k
Michael Close 200k

A) Most of these players would be earning more but IMO should be between 100-200k- Bell, Bastinac, Harwood, Bewick, C.Beams, Frost, Walker, Freeman, Jansen, Smith,

B) First year and some second year and some rookies all on less than 100k ie. Witherden, Hinge, Lyons, Allison, McCluggage, Berry, William, Cox, Hanley, Hammelmann, Eagles, McInerney, Grewar, Clayton.

That gives $12,550,000 if all (A) are earning 150k and all of (B) are earning 75k.

Note- I would be letting all of group A go except for Harwood, Walker, Smith and possibly Freeman. Hanley, Hammelmann, Eagles, Grewar and Clayton go as well. I would also look at trade options for Stefan Martin. So in an ideal world:) I see 10-12 players on our list as surplus to requirements.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd hope that we would be giving Cian Hanley another year. He is a long term project player like Pearce was, needs more time.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'd hope that we would be giving Cian Hanley another year. He is a long term project player like Pearce was, needs more time.

Yep. Needs another year, showing some promise and just come back from a long injury lay-off. Wouldn't mind him getting a few games at the end of the year to see what he can do.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Nick Robertson worth $550 and Cutler worth $350?

You know drugs are bad for you Jason? :)
IMO Robertson has shown a fair bit more than Cutler particularly this year, Tom may have a slightly higher ceiling though.

It depends on the dosage and your supplier Eon, we all know you can trust big pharma.:rolleyes:

JakePeralta

Senior List
Mar 24, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why are you trading Stef? You surely can't expect Archie and Oscar to be your two top ruckmen going into next season. You're probably not getting much value in a trade for him anyway tbph.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Subtract 550k, and you will have nick robertson's true market value.
Have you watched Nick play this year howyoudoin? His improvement has been substantial, I would have him in our top 6-8 players this year easily.

Why are you trading Stef? You surely can't expect Archie and Oscar to be your two top ruckmen going into next season. You're probably not getting much value in a trade for him anyway tbph.
I go against the grain in my opinion of Stef, I think he is over rated and living off the back of 18 months of outstanding footy a few years ago. I would be OK with going into next season with Archie and Oscar with another 12 months development with backup from Eagels who may earn another year, he has been pretty good as a KPD this year but was drafted as a ruck. I wouldn't be against recruiting a mature age ruck from one of the state leagues as cover as well. I also think Josh Walker would be a handy ruck who could spend time forward or back to good affect.

Back