Analysis Who goes if list sizes are reduced?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was referring to the skinny so he has to go reference with Naish... imagine booting out Edwards, mutiny.
You’re not comparing sheds to Naish, even at the same age sheds had quick hands

I was referring to the skinny so he has to go reference with Naish... imagine booting out Edwards, mutiny.
Naish is not a bad size at all. A couple of years in the system he's bulked up well. But in a world of 35 player lists, Guys who have been at the club for a few years and haven't established themselves are in the firing line.

Fraser Turner
Oleg Markov
Luke English
Noah Cumberland
Jake Aarts
Mabior Chol
Ryan Garthwaite
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith
Ben Miller
Bigoa Nyguen
If we have to make 10 forced cuts, that's my list at the moment. You could raffle a few names for a few others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If lost sizes got cut to 35 we would be in a bloody hard position.
We have 43 on our list not including Rance so would have and only have the following players out of contract
Graham
Nankervis
Broad
Pickett
Houli
Collier-Dawkins
Turner
English
Markov
Aarts
Eggmolesse-Smith
Miller
Garthwaite

Not sure how this would play out with also freeing up a couple of picks for the draft.

If lost sizes got cut to 35 we would be in a bloody hard position.
We have 43 on our list not including Rance so would have and only have the following players out of contract
Graham
Nankervis
Broad
Pickett
Houli
Collier-Dawkins
Turner
English
Markov
Aarts
Eggmolesse-Smith
Miller
Garthwaite

Not sure how this would play out with also freeing up a couple of picks for the draft.
There has been some talk that the list size will drop to 41 for next season and further after that.

Delist
Markov
Miller
Eggmolesse-Smith
English
Aarts

Retired
Houli
Rance

Would only keep Garthwaite due to lack of KPD depth.

Out of contract 2021

Grimes
Prestia
Rance (likely not to play in 2021)
Riewoldt
CCJ
Vlastuin
Rioli
Castagna
Balta
Astbury
McIntosh
Soldo
Bolton
Naish
Edwards
Dow
Cumberland
Martyn
Ralphsmith
Nyuon
Stack
Baker
Chol

Last edited:
There has been some talk that the list size will drop to 41 for next season and further after that.

Delist
Markov
Miller
Eggmolesse-Smith
English
Aarts

Retired
Houli
Rance

Would only keep Garthwaite due to lack of KPD depth.

Out of contract 2021

Grimes
Prestia
Rance (likely not to play in 2021)
Riewoldt
CCJ
Vlastuin
Rioli
Castagna
Balta
Astbury
McIntosh
Soldo
Bolton
Naish
Edwards
Dow
Cumberland
Martyn
Ralphsmith
Nyuon
Stack
Baker
Chol

if it’s only down to 41 we will be fine. I’m sure it would be nice for clubs to know the number as soon as possible.

I can't get my head around how we decide who to cut without a proper VFL comp this year.
In my mind, we are quite thin in quality talls down back after Astbury & Grimes, both who are getting on. The fact that we haven't used a tall to replace Rance last year shows the club feels the same way.
I'm not yet convinced on Chol or Balta down back. Nyuon I don't know. Garth is probably the best bet. I would really like to have observed Miller this year rather than automatically putting him on the delist list.

I can't get my head around how we decide who to cut without a proper VFL comp this year.
In my mind, we are quite thin in quality talls down back after Astbury & Grimes, both who are getting on. The fact that we haven't used a tall to replace Rance last year shows the club feels the same way.
I'm not yet convinced on Chol or Balta down back. Nyuon I don't know. Garth is probably the best bet. I would really like to have observed Miller this year rather than automatically putting him on the delist list.

The entire concept of an AFL season without the vfl completely sucks

Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m not sold on Balta at all on any line at afl level

He has amazing talent and has a few glimpses but he hasn’t shown once that he is capable to do the little things consistently
I can’t even recall him sticking a mark at afl level

he definitely has the biggest upside And potential of our young talls but he hasn’t shown that he can deliver on a consistent basis that is needed to make it in the long term even at vfl level

Garth and CCJ aren’t as flashy but are willing to do the small things and play as Richmond Men from what I’ve noticed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back