Analysis Who goes if list sizes are reduced?

Remove this Banner Ad

If lost sizes got cut to 35 we would be in a bloody hard position.
We have 43 on our list not including Rance so would have and only have the following players out of contract
Graham
Nankervis
Broad
Pickett
Houli
Collier-Dawkins
Turner
English
Markov
Aarts
Eggmolesse-Smith
Miller
Garthwaite

Not sure how this would play out with also freeing up a couple of picks for the draft.
Surprised Nank's name doesn't get thrown up more in delist discussions. IMO Soldo has overtaken him, and with CCJ in the wings, I see him as highly expendable. Love the guy, but I'd rather keep a promising kid at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Surprised Nank's name doesn't get thrown up more in delist discussions. IMO Soldo has overtaken him, and with CCJ in the wings, I see him as highly expendable. Love the guy, but I'd rather keep a promising kid at this point.

Surely not this year with the reducing playing time in Quarters...makes Nank an even bigger weapon...

I think Nank came good in the granny. He seemed fully recovered. CJ might struggle for selection with short qtrs. and talk of one ruck. Nank is 25 or 26 I'd be sticking with him unless he asks for megabucks. I don't mind CJ as Riewoldt back up. I'd actually play Balta as back up ruck.

I think Nank came good in the granny. He seemed fully recovered. CJ might struggle for selection with short qtrs. and talk of one ruck. Nank is 25 or 26 I'd be sticking with him unless he asks for megabucks. I don't mind CJ as Riewoldt back up. I'd actually play Balta as back up ruck.

Wouldn't surprise me if Nank was happy to play for free, it's one of the very few socially acceptable way he can get a good fix of crashing bodies and causing pain.

We have a few Higgins types but, he can play. And I think he's a club fave. Aarts & Markov for sure. I'm rethinking Bigoa too. Some good draft highlights.
Yeah I love Higgins as a player but you have to put Rioli, Bolton and Castagna before him imo.
Although Higgo is as skilled as anyone he is very short and can't win marking contests.

Perhaps unrealistic, id like to extend the contracts of

Bolton
Balta
Vlastuin

Tie up the key pillars. Look at the big fish market if a trade or FA target becomes available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we need to cut blokes:

Delist:
Garthwaite
English
Markov
Naish
Miller
Turner
Pickett (yep)

Trade out for a future pick if possible but happy to keep:
DES