Who had the better U17 year? JOM, Jack Martin or Rankine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Before his knee injuries, he was continuing to track in a direction towards becoming one of the best in the league.
But the hype on him blinded alot of people.
I remember when he won the Rising Star, Roo gave Brad Crouch first place and JOM second place and everyone went nuts saying he was a flog and biased, however that year Crouch averaged more possesions and got more Brownlow votes than JOM did. They both had great seasons and were pretty close to each other, yet in peoples minds he was so far ahead of everyone else, when he actually wasnt.

I remember when he won the Rising Star, Roo gave Brad Crouch first place and JOM second place and everyone went nuts saying he was a flog and biased, however that year Crouch averaged more possesions and got more Brownlow votes than JOM did. They both had great seasons and were pretty close to each other, yet in peoples minds he was so far ahead of everyone else, when he actually wasnt.
JOM has more class than Crouch. A few more touches counted for little when you use it like JOM.

Roo giving Crouch 5 votes was like Tredrea giving SPP 5 votes in 2016. Bias.

I disagree. JOM looked brilliant prior to injuries.

To me he looked like he would become the best player in the competition.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

JOM looked amazing pre-injury and had a burst of speed and power that Brad Crouch was never going to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back