Who has benefited most under Longmuir so far, and who hasn't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Colyer owns this thread. I had him done a few years ago aside from the contract status yet he continues to get games and kick a few goals week after week and is looking like lining up week 1 even with the availability of the playing group.

Colyer better watch his back because Clark is going to be taking the lead on this this season. Guy is going to go from bench warmer to a star in the defense and key role player in the game plan. Can't get more beneficial, if you ask me.

Colyer better watch his back because Clark is going to be taking the lead on this this season. Guy is going to go from bench warmer to a star in the defense and key role player in the game plan. Can't get more beneficial, if you ask me.
If we’re taking it that literally I would say James Aish too

Clarke has been a solid pick up.

Will Broadie wasnt too bad last week.
Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Still reckon Sonny is the only player that has genuinely gone backwards under JL
Blakely definitely has. Tucker arguably has, at least hasn't developed as expected. Hamling has gone backwards, but that's because of injury. Fyfe hasn't quite reached the same heights of his Brownlow the year before Longmuir arrived.

Blakely definitely has. Tucker arguably has, at least hasn't developed as expected. Hamling has gone backwards, but that's because of injury. Fyfe hasn't quite reached the same heights of his Brownlow the year before Longmuir arrived.

I would argue all of them except for Blakely have gone backwards due to injuries. Blakely is still the same player he always has been.

I would argue all of them except for Blakely have gone backwards due to injuries. Blakely is still the same player he always has been.

Blakely was a good young mid, then a decent defender but wasn’t a good enough kick.

When we decided we needed him as a mid he wasn’t the same (the year after Neale left) and we already had better defenders so moving him back again wasn’t an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakely is a shell of the player he was. In his 3rd season he finished 8th in the B&F from only 16 games (after dislocating his should in round 19). For comparison Weller played 22 games that year and didn't make the top 10 in the B&F but was still traded for pick 2. A knee injury hurt the last half of his 2018 season and a hamstring tendon hurt the first half of his 2019 season, but they were still better than his 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Bump

Tried to find this thread and finally found it.

I am curious in all your views.

Justin Longmuir had just completed his 3rd full season at the dockers.

Bump

Tried to find this thread and finally found it.

I am curious in all your views.

Justin Longmuir had just completed his 3rd full season at the dockers.

Significantly improved the youngsters. Hard to argue.
Walters have returned back to goalsneak form.

JL got the best out of Lobb this season.
Perhaps not Henry? Treacy? They’ve been given room to develop however.
Wilson is definitely one that hasn’t benefited.
The usual at WAFL aren’t really a surprise.

Going by this 2022 season some have improved.

Walker got slaughtered for his game against Collingwood in that semi final. Glad the 19 year old kid got at least 10-12 games this season.

In the middle, Brayshaw and Serong went up in quality. Will Broadie and Jordan Clark were solid trades.

Up forward. Lobb kicked at least 30 goals.

Schulz and Frederick kicked at least 25 goals each.

Frederick kicked 28 goals and 14 behinds this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back