Who has benefited most under Longmuir so far, and who hasn't?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Very underrated games the last two weeks from Mitch. Great against Collingwood. Last night he had 10 tackles and kept Sicily in check who can destroy teams. So much so the gun defender was moved forward by Hawthorn.
JL said that wasn't a plan it was just how it fell. Obvs Mitch carved up though.

Getlegs

Senior List
Mar 14, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
B Hill, E Langdon, Hamling, Switta, Sandilands.

We were only a couple games out of the finals last year. Its exciting that young players are developing, but I think we need to maintain a bit of perspective. Is tabenuer or lobb going to be the next Lynch and Reiwoldt is Serong, Cerra Brayshaw, going to be the next Martin, Cotchin, Prestia.

There have been a number of coaches that have kids looking like a millions dollars after 30 games, but fail to develop much more beyond 50 games.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

We were only a couple games out of the finals last year. Its exciting that young players are developing, but I think we need to maintain a bit of perspective. Is tabenuer or lobb going to be the next Lynch and Reiwoldt is Serong, Cerra Brayshaw, going to be the next Martin, Cotchin, Prestia.

There have been a number of coaches that have kids looking like a millions dollars after 30 games, but fail to develop much more beyond 50 games.
Looks like someone is well prepared for when we reach the next corner of the Freo supporter triangle. Could have at least waited until our next loss ;)

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
Taberner benefiting from Hogan not playing, as much as he is from JLo. Forced to play deep whilst Lobb takes his traditional role of roaming the wings and HF. He could’ve been the third tall with Hogan the star forward. Who knows.
Hogan coming back opens up headaches for the defenders. But quite like JLo tactic of chucking Fyfe forward to open up Tabs on the second defender.

Taberner is benefiting from not having to play on the wing when we rolled back in defence. It's hard to kick goals when you're more than 100 metres out. Getting Hogan back at FF would be icing on the cake, play Tabs as second tall and leave Lobb running around the half forward area...at least until he gets his goal kicking back on track

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yep guys like McCarthy and Blakley are like that. Looked like they had bright future in their first year or two but have stagnated terribly.

In the case of Brayshaw and Cerra, they have kept on getting better. So the indications are that the have the potential to realise their potential.

Obviously too early to tell for Serong.

The key positions are more of a worry for me. You do a rebuild to win a flag, and I personally don't see premiership winning KPFs in Tabs and Lobb.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Lobb hasn't been setting the world on fire for us which is sad, we know how good he can be, Hogan needs to come in and help him out. Taberner has been superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

toenail11

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep guys like McCarthy and Blakley are like that. Looked like they had bright future in their first year or two but have stagnated terribly.

In the case of Brayshaw and Cerra, they have kept on getting better. So the indications are that the have the potential to realise their potential.

Obviously too early to tell for Serong.

The key positions are more of a worry for me. You do a rebuild to win a flag, and I personally don't see premiership winning KPFs in Tabs and Lobb.

5th in the Coleman not good enough for you ?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Meek has spent 2 years under Ross Lyon and 1 full season under Justin Longmuir.

Sean darcy is under a fitness cloud. Rory Lobb got injured today. Meek has had 2 solid practice games vs West coast. Meek has to play round 1.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Meek has spent 2 years under Ross Lyon and 1 full season under Justin Longmuir.

Sean darcy is under a fitness cloud. Rory Lobb got injured today. Meek has had 2 solid practice games vs West coast. Meek has to play round 1.

Meek has stepped out of the “dud class”, and graduated to the “promising class”. He’s done all that’s been asked of him this season ( get bloody fit, contest the ruck, get around the ground ).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back