Who has the best forward line heading into 2019?

Who will have the best forward line in 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see kennedy playing a lot this year.

If he were 3 years younger id have us up there but we see time and time again how eagles fall off a cliff after 30.

Seriously guys are like club champ at 29 - retired at 31 and do sfa inbetween.

That is a good negative thought to put out into the universe.... to protect against hubris..... but deep down you know it is not true.

Between Richmond and WC.

Kennedy and Darling are pretty much equal to Lynch and Riewoldt

Comes down to the rest -

Cripps v Edwards
Ryan v Caddy
W Rioli v Butler
Vardy v D Rioli

Probably lean Richmond because Ryan is still too unproven at this stage. Seems to have the most x factor of the lot though
Agree

West coast and Tigers.

GWS should be good as well

I'd take Hawthorn's (but am biased), but West Coast, Richmond and GWS are all quality. Still got NFI why Melbourne would get rid of Hogan. Terrible decision.

Hogan is damaged goods mate, we have seen the best of him i reckon.

Carlton will have the best foward line in 2 years time tbh.

Carlton have not kicked above 100 since mid 2016. Freo comfortably have the better forward line.

I'd rather have John Bobbit as my attacking coach than Ross Lyon.

Freo has the better team (and mids) than Carlton, but better foward line ? Not on your life.

Jesse Bogan will be a massive flop at Freo, the man simply isn't professional enough to want to succeed at the highest level, which is a big reason the Dees got rid of him.

I'd rather have John Bobbit as my attacking coach than Ross Lyon.

Freo has the better team (and mids) than Carlton, but better foward line ? Not on your life.

Jesse Bogan will be a massive flop at Freo, the man simply isn't professional enough to want to succeed at the highest level, which is a big reason the Dees got rid of him.

Who are you trying to kid? Hogan is much better than any Carlton forward. The only player that could get close to him is Curnow and that will take time.

Hogan and Walters alone makes their forward like superior.

How good can Himmelberg (??) be? Could he be better than Cameron? Could he be the main man?
:cool: Dont get any ideas.

Seriously I'm not sure what his future is. He's really an oversized midfielder great below his knees, who can play a key position. Last year he was often taking the best opposition intercept marker. This year we've being using him more aggressively.

I think he stays forward but we're in need in that role..In other teams he might be a key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i hope your right but experience tells me otherwise

Kennedy is a bull. I don't know of any structural deficiencies.... after a well catered off season..... I think you could protect him and save him for the finals.

Willie Rioli and Ryan are so dangerous. I think Rioli could become a top 20 player next year. He has the Rioli gift of both brute hardness and soft touch, and is my favorite player not playing for the Hawks.

Who are you trying to kid? Hogan is much better than any Carlton forward. The only player that could get close to him is Curnow and that will take time.

Hogan and Walters alone makeggs their forward like superior.

Lol Chuck has already gone past Hogan, whom arguably appears already to be washed up, I accept your point about Walters who is a gun, but the rest of Freo's foward line is 💩💩💩, why do you think Lyon has to play Fyfe down there so often ?

Lol Chuck has already gone past Hogan, whom arguably appears already to be washed up, I accept your point about Walters who is a gun, but the rest of Freo's foward line is 💩💩💩, why do you think Lyon has to play Fyfe down there so often ?

Yes the rest of their forward line is indeed poop, which says something about Carlton's given it's still better.

:cool: Dont get any ideas.

Seriously I'm not sure what his future is. He's really an oversized midfielder great below his knees, who can play a key position. Last year he was often taking the best opposition intercept marker. This year we've being using him more aggressively.

I think he stays forward but we're in need in that role..In other teams he might be a key defender.

Well, you are revealing nothing...... clearly you are not wanting to give away too much.

I read... he is a star and will be a star and he deserves a very high priced contract. :)

But seriously... there is something to this bloke i like.

Go outside and play with your mates, you only have a few weeks of school holidays left so make the most of it ;)

Yes the rest of their forward line is indeed poop, which says something about Carlton's given it's still better.

I said in an earlier post that Freo still has a better team and midfield collectively, which is why their forward line is currently performing better.

Regardless, do you honestly think Ross Lyon will get more out of Hogan at Freo then what Goodwin got out of him at The Dees ?

Go outside and play with your mates, you only have a few weeks of school holidays left so make the most of it ;)

Its school holidays for Freo fans 54 weeks a year, considering most Dockers fans are (allegedly) unemployed :D

Seriously, I honestly believe Jesse Hogan will not be the messiah Freo fans hope, i have seen many red flags with Hogan these past 18 months

Its school holidays for Freo fans 54 weeks a year, considering most Dockers fans are (allegedly) unemployed :D

Seriously, I honestly believe Jesse Hogan will not be the messiah Freo fans hope, i have seen many red flags with Hogan these past 18 months

Hogan is a gun and will be excellent for Freo, having him at CHF and having a player like Lobb inside 50 allows Hogan to roam around and use his excellent running ability.

If Ross Lyon actually adjusts to the personnel he has then Freo could be nice improvers next season even without Lachie Neale.

I should have read this absolute s**t before I responded to your other post seriously.

F*** me drunk that is just idiotic on your part.

For GWS.... it is all about choosing the right players to put money into. Pick the loyal player who can handle finals football.

If HH fits that bill, then pay him. Otherwise 800 is overs.
Best game I've seen him play was the 2017 PF. Great effort for a 20yo in front of 93k screaming Tigers fans. There were a few hundred or us on his side.

Bear in mind while we've got a lot of talent to contract and Himmelburg needs a payrise, our TPP ledger is also pretty short and they mostly aren't new payments. It's not like trading in expensive players.

Back