Votes: 59 7.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 73 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne look really ominous for mine

They have a core of players who have the potential to be top 5 in the comp ... Hogan, Oliver, Lever, Petracca, Brayshaw (if he can stave off concussion issues). Viney & Tyson have plenty of room to keep improving too

If had at gun to my head and someone forced me to pick the two most likely teams playing off in 2018 grand final , I would pick Giants v Melbourne. Really loved look of Brayshaw before his run of concussions. Hope he has a lot more luck in that sense in 2018. They can go places big time in 2018 with a bit of luck and more team synergy.

Well given that we were injury ravaged and missed out on the finals by percentage while you sat in the bottom four.

I'd say there's a rung difference there, also if you didn't have more rising stars than us given that most of our youth has played too many games.

Carlton have the best youth IMO.

Curnow will eventually join Cripps in the midfield and become one of the best combos in the comp. Then add there two picks from this draft and SP5 who looks pretty special.

They have a a great backline setup around Weitering and Mackay with some potential to come into the forward line.

I think most of the Carlton voters are Carlton fans. Don't think Lions have that many fans to begin with, so we're the true winners of this poll. :sunglasses:

That goes without saying. They're not even top 3.

The true value of this poll will be known in round 4 2018 when Carlton (currently 1st in this poll) play the younger and less experienced North (currently 13th in this poll).

The true value of this poll will be known in round 4 2018 when Carlton (currently 1st in this poll) play the younger and less experienced North (currently 13th in this poll).
We haven't beaten north for a while, must be due surely

We haven't beaten north for a while, must be due surely

If you can't beat us in round 4, your supporters will have to conclude that your youth group isn't as crash hot as many of them seem to think.

It's not that Carlton don't have some great young players, they do. It's just that it's nowhere near as deep as many of them seem to think. Certainly not the best.

Carlton have the best youth IMO.

Curnow will eventually join Cripps in the midfield and become one of the best combos in the comp. Then add there two picks from this draft and SP5 who looks pretty special.

They have a a great backline setup around Weitering and Mackay with some potential to come into the forward line.
Curnow would be way more useful as a CHF than a midfielder. McKay isn't a defender.

So what happens when Adelaide spank half the comp by 10 goals? Do we conclude their youth trumps all? What a silly comment.

If you can't beat us in round 4, your supporters will have to conclude that your youth group isn't as crash hot as many of them seem to think.

It's not that Carlton don't have some great young players, they do. It's just that it's nowhere near as deep as many of them seem to think. Certainly not the best.
Except we won't have to conclude anything, AFL ATM is all about intensity and not being switched on can mean a loss vs anyone no matter where you are at.

So what happens when Adelaide spank half the comp by 10 goals? Do we conclude their youth trumps all? What a silly comment.

In his own words he's in the top 100 football judges on BF. Surely that counts for something. Not sure what as he doesn't have a good track record.

But yes, I agree with you. Hopefully you're in the top 20 football judges on BF :D
It will also come down to player development and at what rate they progress. Probably won't know for a couple of years

Except we won't have to conclude anything, AFL ATM is all about intensity and not being switched on can mean a loss vs anyone no matter where you are at.

It's too late to go worrying about escape plans now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That great but we were talking about escape plans

No escape plan required by me.

Martin fell through at the last moment and JK had to go back on the back burner until 2020.

Have you finished with this deflection now or do you want to run it for a few more pages?

No escape plan required by me.

Martin fell through at the last moment and JK had to go back on the back burner until 2020.

Have you finished with this deflection now or do you want to run it for a few more pages?
Who is deflecting? I already said we will beat you and disagreed with you on the meaning of 1 result

Curnow could be either but I think he will end up a Kouta like mid.

I said "Mackay with some potential to come into the forward line"

If Curnow becomes Kouta like and SPS and Crippa develop how we hope we could have one of the best and most diverse midfields in the game. If you add Dow and O’Brien (yes they haven’t played a game yet) it looks promising.

Long way to go however. Brisbane and Melbourne in particular could make the same claims whilst many sides already have their talent performing.

Who is deflecting? I already said we will beat you and disagreed with you on the meaning of 1 result

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22.png

Back