Who has the best youth? An era of dominance coming?

Who has the best youth? An era of dominance coming?

• saints

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • giants

Votes: 141 35.6%
  • suns

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • demons

Votes: 77 19.4%
  • bulldogs

Votes: 76 19.2%
  • lions

Votes: 60 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett, Daniher, McGrath and Fantasia spring to mind.

I think we have a great list of top end kids now, Gotta put it all together.
Bombers- Joe Daniher, Orazio Fantasia, Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Andrew McGrath, James Stewart, Martin Gleeson, Conor McKenna, Jayden Laverde, Kyle Langford, Jake Long, Aaron Francis.

Looking good.

Bombers- Joe Daniher, Orazio Fantasia, Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Andrew McGrath, James Stewart, Martin Gleeson, Conor McKenna, Jayden Laverde, Kyle Langford, Jake Long, Aaron Francis.

Looking good.

I think every club can boast a good list on paper, Getting the right coaching team and the right leaders to instill the correct attitude in these young kids is the most important thing.

I think every club can boast a good list on paper, Getting the right coaching team and the right leaders to instill the correct attitude in these young kids is the most important thing.
Yep, the thing that excites me the most about our club ATM is the affect that Chris Fagan and David Noble have had on us. The players are loving the new regime. I'm very confident with these 2 in charge we will get the best out of our youth.

Merrett, Daniher, McGrath and Fantasia spring to mind.

I think we have a great list of top end kids now, Gotta put it all together.

Maybe. It's important that young group have peers that they can look up to and follow, as much as it may be for listening to the senior group.

Some of these guys hang out together and can either develop good habits or poor ones.

Yep, the thing that excites me the most about our club ATM is the affect that Chris Fagan and David Noble have had on us. The players are loving the new regime. I'm very confident with these 2 in charge we will get the best out of our youth.

Don't forget the role of the Lambert's off the field. On the field is one thing but Lambert has had a massive influence in keeping your players.

Don't forget the role of the Lambert's off the field. On the field is one thing but Lambert has had a massive influence in keeping your players.
He did have I agree but he has been told he will not have a place at the club once his Whitfield suspension is up at the end of the year so unfortunately Craig and I assume Mel will not be with us going forward. The new guy in his role Andrew Crowell has been getting huge wraps for the job he is doing.

He did have I agree but he has been told he will not have a place at the club once his Whitfield suspension is up at the end of the year so unfortunately Craig and I assume Mel will not be with us going forward. The new guy in his role Andrew Crowell has been getting huge wraps for the job he is doing.

Surprised you aren't keeping them, but yes I've heard about Crowell who does a fantastic job in this area. I' sure the Lamberts will get approached by another club, won't shock me to see them back at GWS.

I don't see how the answer can be anything other than Essendon.

Big chance at a premiership this year.
I can.

We're in the discussion, but there are plenty of talented players in the OP.

And yeah we're not even guaranteed to make finals let alone finding the consistency to win a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update, best dozen 23 and under-

Lions-
Alex Witherden, Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Eric Hipwood, Cedric Cox, Rhys Matheison, Harris Andrews, Josh Schache, Daniel McStay, Lewis Taylor, Nick Robertson, Sam Mayes.

Blues- Sam Docherty, Lachlan Plowman, Patrick Cripps, Caleb Marchbank, Charlie Curnow, David Cunningham, Jacob Weitering, Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay, Sam Petrevski_Seton, Zac Fisher, Tom Williamson.

Giants- Toby Greene, Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield, Zac Williams, Josh Kelly, Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper, Matthew Kennedy, Adam Tomlinson, Matthew Buntine, Harry Perryman, Will Setterfield.

Demons- Mitch Hannan, Jack Viney, Jesse Hogan, Jayden Hunt, Christen Petracca, Angus Brayshaw, Oscar McDonald, Clayton Oliver, Josh Wagner, Christian Salem, James Harmes, Billy Stretch.

Suns- Adam Saad, Jack Martin, Kade Kolodjashnij, Touk Miller, Peter Wright, Brayden Fiorini, Callum Ah Chee, Ben Ainsworth, Alex Sexton, Jack Bowes, Sean Lemmens, Jesse Lonergan.

Bulldogs- Jake Stringer, Jackson Macrae, Lachlan Hunter, Tom Boyd, Marcus Bontempelli, Toby McLean, Caleb Daniel, Bailey Dale, Bailey Williams, Zaine Cordy, Lukas Webb, Josh Dunkley.

Crows- Rory Laird, Brad Crouch, Charlie Cameron, Rory Atkins, Mitch McGovern, Matt Crouch, Jake Lever, Wayne Milera, Jake Kelly, Riley Knight, Troy Menzel, Jordan Gallucci.

I was surprised at the quality of the youth in the Crows, didn't realize some of them were that young.

I admit I am biased and being self indulgent but I really like the quality and depth of the 23 and under's at the Lions, Blues, Demons, Crows and Bulldogs, if the Giants lose Josh Kelly and possibly one or both of Matthew Kennedy and Jacob Hopper they may not dominate like some thought they would over the next 10 years. The Suns are in trouble going forward IMO.

Not bad of a list

Freo- Darcy Tucker, Brady Grey, Connor Blakely, Lachie Weller, Ed Langdon, Alex Pearce, Griffin Logue, Sean Darcy, Harley Balic, Luke Ryan, Brennan Cox, Ryan Nyhuis

the last 6 blokes at are bolded and under lined are guys that got debut games this year.

I wont say freo will win a flag with this youth coming through but I see them playing finals eventually

Swans were younger than GWS at our last outing. I found that incredibly interesting. I wonder how many outliers were boosting that number for GWS. Stevie J comes to mind.
Both teams have some players nearing retirement. You do keep finding exiting youngsters, but Taranto, Setterfield and Perryman are first year players giving me confidence in the future. High hopes long term for Flynn and Finlayson as well.

On request. Best dozen 23 and under-

Swans- Jake Lloyd, Harry Cunningham, Zak Jones, George Hewett, Isaac Heeney, Tom Papley, Lewis Melican, Callum Mills, Oliver Florent, Will Hayward, Aliir Aliir, Brandon Jack.

Well, the answer is clearly still GWS, but we're seeing that good players don't translate to dominance... so far.

Not bad of a list

Freo- Darcy Tucker, Brady Grey, Connor Blakely, Lachie Weller, Ed Langdon, Alex Pearce, Griffin Logue, Sean Darcy, Harley Balic, Luke Ryan, Brennan Cox, Ryan Nyhuis

the last 6 blokes at are bolded and under lined are guys that got debut games this year.

I wont say freo will win a flag with this youth coming through but I see them playing finals eventually
What are your thoughts on Griffin Logue?

From what Ive seen so far this year, he looks pretty ordinary...

You know which team it will be?
The one whose best young players become leaders at the club.
So Jack Viney?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back