Who has the better youth, Hawthorn or Collingwood?

Who has the better youth, Hawthorn or Collingwood?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 84 54.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 71 45.8%

• Total voters

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With North steamrolling the Hawthorn/Adelaide/North thread, I think it's time for these two sides to have their own poll.

Hawks - Day, CJ, Scrimshaw, DGB, Ward, Kozi, Lewis, Butler, McDonald, Worpel, Moore, Bramble, Brockman, Long, Jeka, Newcombe.

Pies - Daicos x2, Macrae, Reef, Henry, Bianco, IQ, Draper, McMahon, Ginnivan, Beau, Kreuger

Both sides have a lot of holes - Early stages of their rebuild & a long road ahead... Whos youth would you prefer?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With North steamrolling the Hawthorn/Adelaide/North thread, I think it's time for these two sides to have their own poll.

Hawks - Day, CJ, Scrimshaw, DGB, Ward, Kozi, Lewis, Butler, McDonald, Worpel, Moore, Bramble, Brockman, Long, Jeka, Newcombe.

Pies - Daicos x2, Macrae, Reef, Henry, Bianco, IQ, Draper, McMahon, Ginnivan, Beau, Kreuger

Both sides have a lot of holes - Early stages of their rebuild & a long road ahead... Whos youth would you prefer?

Roos. Roos. Roos. So much Roos I feel like starting threads to gloat about the Roos youf.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

It's funny, Hawthorn aren't even the most impressive of those three sides yet some supporters carry on like they are a year away from the 8.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Pies less well rounded but I love the midfield mix they have. They all complement each other. Get a great midfield mix and you can cover KPP very quickly.

Finish low and get Harry Lemmey they’ll be in a great position going forward.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

Lol that you couldn't resist sneaking in a comment about North's youth (in the first line no less) in a specific Collingwood and Hawthorn thread.

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Joshua Ward! But nah one player doesn’t make a team better than the other especially if the rest of the talent ain’t close.
It does if he's a top shelf superstar

Remember when Judd started at the Eagles, they went straight into the 8, then he went to Carlton and the same thing happened

Dusty carried the Tiges to 3 flags, Fyfe took Freo to the top of the ladder...

Might be wishful thinking but I rate ND with that group

Remember when Judd started at the Eagles, they went straight into the 8, then he went to Carlton and the same thing happened

Can we maybe wait until he’s played a game before we decide whether he’s the next Chris Judd or Rhys Palmer? 😂

Jables

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Giants, Hornets, Bulls

I don't think either of them carried their teams single handedly when they were actually top tier myself, Dustin easily their best but idk how he got that first NS over Houli , just an example of bias in terms of the credit he received over his teammates. And they were romping to the Grand Final and had no real competition, where did Dustin carry them?

On the other hand watching Fyfe in the 2013 GF really made me think he was fools gold, kicked his team out of contention but everyone acted like he was one of the shining lights. I think it's weird Fyfe gets put up there with the Ablett, Judd, Franklin, Dusty types, his best ever year he was overshadowed by Robbie Gray because Gray was actually having a better impact on the game.

Controversial opinion time over I guess.

Pies mids >>> Hawks mids
Pies forwards > Hawks forwards
Hawthorn defence >> Pies defence

Thoughts?
If Pies forwards can be seen to better than Hawks, when they've got not a single exposed tall forward under 25, compared to 3 that Hawthorn have on top of their smalls, surely its 'Pies defence >> Hawks defence' too?

I mean they've got Quaynor and ...ummm... Noble?

Back