Fixture Who has the easiest/hardest fixture 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

So ask yourself is Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney and Hawthorn twice close to playing Port, Brisbane, Dogs, Collingwood and Dockers twice?

I think not. not even close. Melbourne and Dogs cancel out. Hawks and Collingwood cancel out. GWS and dockers cancel out. So the difference is you play Geelong and Sydney twice and we play Port and Brisbane twice. Much easier than ours.
Huh? Get your facts straight. Dogs don't play 2 top four teams. I look forward to your apology on this fact. Dogs play Adelaide, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast and Rich twice. That's 1 top 4 team. And that's against Geelong who are a bloody retirement village. Dees play Dogs, Port and Brisbane twice.
Amazing. "Get you facts straight", you can't even figure out what you're arguing against. :D

I didn't think it was possible for you to go to another level but here we are.

When do I need to apologise?

It is a fact. It's a fact that proved the first part of your post wrong.

It's entirely understandable given the error on the AFL site, but if you go around demanding apologies and refusing to accept your mistake, people are going to call you out.
Don't give him that out. It would have been somewhat understandable (but still funny) had he genuinely mistaken the Dogs draw for the West Coast draw, but this post on the first page proves he's exactly as clueless as he comes across:
So ask yourself is Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney and Hawthorn twice close to playing Port, Brisbane, Dogs, Collingwood and Dockers twice?

I think not. not even close. Melbourne and Dogs cancel out. Hawks and Collingwood cancel out. GWS and dockers cancel out. So the difference is you play Geelong and Sydney twice and we play Port and Brisbane twice. Much easier than ours.

StKilda had the hardest draw in 2021 and now without making the 8 are given the 4th hardest. Throw in the travel factor it’s a joke
I agree! Saint Kildas got a very hard draw again and I’m here for it baby, I’m happy about it! Whooo!

Saint Kildas deserve a hard draw for playing lazy shitty football imo. They had nice prime time fixtures last year and embarrassed themselves. The friday night opening round fixture is very very lucky.

Will be interesting how easy or hard the draw is when the season is completed. There are always teams who do better or worse than expected and flip how hard or easy a fixture is.

For example at the start of last year Richmond would have been considered the toughest team to beat, but we were mediocre. Last year people would have expected Essendon to be a bottom 6 side at the start of the season, but they ended up making finals.

So the fixture does matter then does it?
No it doesn’t matter as the teams scrapping into the bottom of the ladder are just making up the numbers. A contending team the fixture doesn’t matter

How so?

2020 Melbourne playing Sydney in Cairns 4 days after playing a night game against St Kilda in Alice Springs (St Kilda got the bye), travelled back to the Sunshine Coast the following morning effectively playing 3 days later, Melbourne looked seriously fatigued. Melbourne finished 9th on ladder missing finals by half a game. If Melbourne were a contender that one game shouldn’t matter. Had Melbourne of beaten Sydney they would of finished 6th - 8th and just like the clubs that did finish in those positions they would of had little impact during the finals.

Saint Kilda are rubbish, the fixture is the least of their concerns
If the Saints don’t have to play teams better than them they’d be a contender.

Oh are we really going to include Geelong as as a top 4 team? They are more likely to finish bottom 4 next season than top 4.They played 2 finals and got absolutely pummelled in both of them. Dees, dogs, port and Brisbane are the top 4.

I think only you can tell us the answer to the seemingly impossible riddle you blessed us!

Demons play Bulldogs twice, but Bulldogs only play Demons once. How can this be? And the answer is (drumroll)……

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my book, Geelong has the easiest fixture every year regardless of who they play, due to the 8 or 9 games they get from playing at Kardinia Park.
That's why they always make the finals and don't perform to the position they finish.
The interstate clubs always have the hardest fixtures due to the amount of travel required.
West Coast and Freo always have a difficult fixture for this reason imo.
You are f*** kidding? Seriously this is a troll post.

geelong has 14 away games each year. Richmond has about 4.

geelong is one of the most disadvantaged sports teams in world professional sport.

Huh? Get your facts straight. Dogs don't play 2 top four teams. I look forward to your apology on this fact. Dogs play Adelaide, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast and Rich twice. That's 1 top 4 team. And that's against Geelong who are a bloody retirement village. Dees play Dogs, Port and Brisbane twice.
Lol, how do the Dees play Dogs twice without the Dogs playing the Dees twice?

That ridiculous statement is a troll post.
20 people liked my post because it's true.
Wow you are baseing truth off likes on a cheeleading forum? Are you serious?

how many games does richmond play outside your city? 5 or 6. Geelong plays 14 including our home games against your bloody club in front of 60 thousand of your supoorters. your post is mass delusion. its actually a worse delusion then trump supporters thinking the democrats cheated in the election.

and this can be prooven using basic maths.

Lol how is the 4th hardest?

last year St Kilda got fixtured 9 home games at marvel against 9 non marvel tenance, That’s 9 pure home games which was most of all Victorian team along with Geelong.

The whole hardest/easiest fixture debate gets ridiculous. Everyone plays everyone once, there are 5 double ups. It’s not like you get the top 5 teams and everyone else gets the bottom 5. It might be one or two games difference and if you’re any good it shouldn’t matter.

Prefer we played all our games away to be honest - we are pure garbage at Marvel

StKilda had the hardest draw in 2021 and now without making the 8 are given the 4th hardest. Throw in the travel factor it’s a joke the AFL dishes this corrupt garbage out.
I’d embrace it! I look for us to have a hard draw every year, because it leaves you best prepared. I still remember going into 2011 Geelong supporters saying how we were “screwed” playing the Saints, Pies & Hawks twice, all at the MCG! But it was an absolute blessing & IMO gave us a leg up come finals over them teams because we had gone 6-0 in them matches...

Last edited:
I’d embrace it! I look for us to have a hard draw every year, because it leaves you best prepared. I still remember going into 2011 Geelong supporters saying how we were “screwed” playing the Saints, Pies & Hawks twice, all the MCG! But it was an absolute blessing & IMO gave us a leg up come finals over them teams because we had gone 6-0 in them matches...
Playing those teams twice did not help us. It still would of wore us down. We were just better then all of them and won despite it all. The 2011 side is one of the top sides of the past 40 years in the competition.

Playing those teams twice did not help us.
You’re entitled to your opinion, so we will agree to disagree. If you have a hard draw & come through that my belief is you’re better prepared come finals than a team with a “softer” draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back