Fixture Who has the easiest/hardest fixture 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows... with that fixture should be in contention for 7th-11th place!

Grab 7th or 8th and win the EF = now that will be truly a successful season. But to make the 8 Adelaide will need to win most of their close games and in 2021 despite going 7-15 they dropped 5 games by 2 goals or less. I think they will be a slightly better side in 2021 but not a finals team yet.

The "precious" clubs are the ones who never have to play at Kardinia Park, not Geelong.
Either give them 11 home games in Geelong - or keep it as is and let the precious Collingwood and Richmond take their turn to travel there.
Please don’t lump Richmond in with Collingwood here. We’ve been down the highway (numerous times) this century.

What has recently come to my attention is just how easy the Hawks get it in 2022.
I know they usually get it easy but only 2 true away games for a year. One to Adelaide and one to Perth. There is a neutral game, GC in Darwin.
Every other match is in Melbourne/Tassie.

That’s beyond ridiculous.

Also GWS in Sydney at a ground we have never won at.

We have the 5th easiest draw and came 14th. Isnt that exactly what should happen?

Carlton have a simple draw and came 13th? That is the scam with the draw. And the Roos got shafted.

Also GWS in Sydney at a ground we have never won at.

We have the 5th easiest draw and came 14th. Isnt that exactly what should happen?

Carlton have a simple draw and came 13th? That is the scam with the draw. And the Roos got shafted.

Ok yeah I missed seeing that. It is more in line with your other years. 3 true away games.
Still I find it crazy how few away games you play especially when compared to north who also use Tassie but still travel for 5 true away games plus the same neutral away game v GC.

Ok yeah I missed seeing that. It is more in line with your other years. 3 true away games.
Still I find it crazy how few away games you play especially when compared to north who also use Tassie but still travel for 5 true away games plus the same neutral away game v GC.

I did say the Roos got shafted. We got the 5th easiest and finished 14th. That is spot on. Roos got 7th easiest but should have got easiest. Carlton should have had the 6th easiest but got the easiest.

What has recently come to my attention is just how easy the Hawks get it in 2022.
I know they usually get it easy but only 2 true away games for a year. One to Adelaide and one to Perth. There is a neutral game, GC in Darwin.

It’s beautiful and I personally love that you’re up at 5 AM thinking about it. 🥰

I did say the Roos got shafted. We got the 5th easiest and finished 14th. That is spot on. Roos got 7th easiest but should have got easiest. Carlton should have had the 6th easiest but got the easiest.

Carlton was a bottom 6 side so they can have the ‘easiest’
It’s meant to be based on top 6, middle 6 and bottom 6.
However easiest is subjective, you don’t know who might be good and who isn’t.
If Melbourne played only bottom sides last year they might’ve struggled more as they seemed to have trouble beating them.
However all sides travel for true away games should be similar. When it comes to Hawthorn that’s just not the case and hasn’t been for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So instead of rogering the Hawks with one of the worst fixtures (which is what they normally do), the AFL have given us a cushy draw in the hope we finish 11th or 12th so we don't get one of the top draft picks.

I see through their cunning plan. But it won't work.

We play North in Hobart. I see you include that as one of our "Tassie" games. That's a distortion. It would've been one of our few winnable games here in Melbourne. But instead, it's a travelling away game at a ground we've never ever played at. Hawks, Cats, Crows and Port are the four clubs to play at North's Hobart fortress this year. Lucky us.

Anyways, Geelong fans are the last people who should be complaining about AFL fixtures. Your club gets a boost of 2-3 extra wins every season thanks to it's split of home games in Geelong, neutral games in Melbourne and FIFO interstate games.

Last edited:
How often does Richmond play those home games against Docklands tenants?

Multiple times

Any idea when it last happened?
Not for a while. Last five:

Round 23, 2015 vs North Melbourne

Round 3, 2013 vs Bulldogs

Round 24, 2011 vs North Melbourne
(I lived in Perth at the time and I was listening in the car with my 2 year old daughter in the back. I got overly excited that we won a close game to finish 9th LOL. But she has been a North supporter ever since, so it's a massive win in my book. Especially given the other three are Freo, Tigers and Swans)

Round 11, 2010 vs St Kilda

Round 11, 2009 vs Bulldogs

Never against Essendon, and once against Carlton. (I don't think Essendon and Richmond have ever played at Docklands)

(I lived in Perth at the time and I was listening in the car with my 2 year old daughter in the back. I got overly excited that we won a close game to finish 9th LOL. But she has been a North supporter ever since, so it's a massive win in my book. Especially given the other three are Freo, Tigers and Swans)

Never against Essendon, and once against Carlton. (I don't think Essendon and Richmond have ever played at Docklands)
Exactly as I said multiple times

Exactly as I said multiple times
Yep, 13 times 2002-2015. So effectively once a year.

Zero times since then. Will be interesting to see if Richmond start playing the home tenants again if/when they slide down the ladder.

Of course Richmond would play multiple home game at Docklands per year from 2000-2015, whereas from 2016 it's never been more than one (none in 2020 obviously covid-related). I guess this probably has something to do with the AFL paying out the contract on the stadium in 2016.

So instead of rogering the Hawks with one of the worst fixtures (which is what they normally do), the AFL have given us a cushy draw in the hope we finish 11th or 12th so we don't get one of the top draft picks.

I see through their cunning plan. But it won't work.

We play North in Hobart. I see you include that as one of our "Tassie" games. That's a distortion. It would've been one of our few winnable games here in Melbourne. But instead, it's a travelling away game at a ground we've never ever played at. Hawks, Cats, Crows and Port are the four clubs to play at North's Hobart fortress this year. Lucky us.

Anyways, Geelong fans are the last people who should be complaining about AFL fixtures. Your club gets a boost of 2-3 extra wins every season thanks to it's split of home games in Geelong, neutral games in Melbourne and FIFO interstate games.

Lol north in Hobart…. Please mate. You play 3 clubs on their actual home ground… 3! That’s it.

Of course Cats fans can complain, we play only 9 home games and usually double the away games as Hawthorn. Plus every home match against you is at your home ground.
Like seriously mate, this is hardly a debate!

I will acknowledge commercially you don’t get a good draw.

Lol north in Hobart…. Please mate. You play 3 clubs on their actual home ground… 3! That’s it.

Of course Cats fans can complain, we play only 9 home games and usually double the away games as Hawthorn. Plus every home match against you is at your home ground.
Like seriously mate, this is hardly a debate!

I will acknowledge commercially you don’t get a good draw.

There should be zero in Geelong. Its not even an oval. The AFL should have forced Geelong to spend the govt money on fixing the *ed shape of the ground.

Yep, 13 times 2002-2015. So effectively once a year.

Zero times since then. Will be interesting to see if Richmond start playing the home tenants again if/when they slide down the ladder.

Of course Richmond would play multiple home game at Docklands per year from 2000-2015, whereas from 2016 it's never been more than one (none in 2020 obviously covid-related). I guess this probably has something to do with the AFL paying out the contract on the stadium in 2016.
And Richmond should play zero home games there

Yes I know. You’ll notice that the Richmond supporter ignored the question

Geelong have been the most gifted side for years and if you weren't a Geelong supporter you would agree.

Two home grounds, one of which is a home ground for a hybrid version of AFL.

What makes Geelong so special to allow them to continue playing at their suburban ground from yesteryear? Suburban grounds stopped being a thing in the 90s. Not for Geelong, though.

Gifted.

Yeah, what kind of sense does it make for a football team to actually play their home games in the city they're named after anyway?

If we're talking suburban grounds, I'm guessing you haven't been to Metricon: capacity of 25K vs 36K at KP. Maybe the Suns should start playing at the Gabba... or should these kinds of thing (like the "home finals" rules) only apply to Geelong?

By the way, easy fix for the two home grounds "problem" - give us 11 real home games. That way, we'll have less exposure to the MCG when we play our finals - "home" or away - there.

But I doubt the AFL would ever disadvantage the MCG clubs like that. After all, they might have to play in Geelong more, and why should they have to do that? (Thankfully, the Tigers made sure they won't be exposed to that kind of cruelty any more after 2017... but watch out Pies!)

Yeah, what kind of sense does it make for a football team to actually play their home games in the city they're named after anyway?

If we're talking suburban grounds, I'm guessing you haven't been to Metricon: capacity of 25K vs 36K at KP. Maybe the Suns should start playing at the Gabba... or should these kinds of thing (like the "home finals" rules) only apply to Geelong?

By the way, easy fix for the two home grounds "problem" - give us 11 real home games. That way, we'll have less exposure to the MCG when we play our finals - "home" or away - there.

But I doubt the AFL would ever disadvantage the MCG clubs like that. After all, they might have to play in Geelong more, and why should they have to do that? (Thankfully, the Tigers made sure they won't be exposed to that kind of cruelty any more after 2017... but watch out Pies!)
If you can get away with it, good on you.

Facts are facts, though. Geelong are the only team in the competition that not only has a home ground to themselves, but also plays several away fixtures in their home state every year.

You used Gold Coast as an example. They have a home ground to themselves, true, but they only play one away game in their home state each year.

Geelong have been the most gifted side for years and if you weren't a Geelong supporter you would agree.

Two home grounds, one of which is a home ground for a hybrid version of AFL.

What makes Geelong so special to allow them to continue playing at their suburban ground from yesteryear? Suburban grounds stopped being a thing in the 90s. Not for Geelong, though.

Gifted.
I don’t think they should be banned from playing games there, but it’s obvious to everyone and their grandma’s that Geelong get a massive advantage from that dirt track.

They could be the most average side ever and still make the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back