Opinion Who has the least promising list?

Remove this Banner Ad

it would have to be essendon only one a grade player in jobe watson they have the fattiest bloke in football in jay neagle monfries is only good with sauce not a football and they have the turnover kings dyson and stanton i love these guys they run 30 metres with the ball try and hit someone up which nearly always being a backman than its goalllllllllllllllll for the opposition keep it up essendon wooden spooners 2011

Can someone explain why the bulldogs are in bad shape?

Because some people choose to assess the state of a sides list purely on the very very youngest players and many of ours haven't been as exposed to AFL as we have been a strong side. Not many clubs have a Cooney and Griffin who almost alone will ensure a very strong midfield for years to come

Ignorance is the only reason for a statement like this. Dogs aren't going anywhere.

Oldies - Hall (34) Hudson (32) Gilbee, Hargrave (29) Lake, Gia, Murphy, Boyd, Morris (28)
ie your best forward, ruck and most of your backline are 30, and for most of them that'll be stumps, within 2 years.
Unsure of how well Cross & Boyd will do with even half a step less pace in the legs.

Lake is the most important one of them, and says he has 6 years left in him. If we can get 4 more that would be great. No cause for concern yet.
He's got a crystal ball?

Most footballers under-estimate how far they're slipping at the end, and over-estimate how long they've got left ie, Brad Johnson/Scott Lucas/Goodwin scenario.
They'd be dumb to predict anything more than year-by-year over 30.

most of your backline are 30

Gilbee and Hargrave are 29, and they are our oldest defenders. I don't see how that equates to most of our backline being over 30.

As for the ruckman; We will still have a decent ruckman in Minson (rubbish forward), one of the best young Rucks in Roughead, and talent galore in Cordy. It's not too much of a stretch to think that Roughead/Cordy might become the number 1 ruck duo in the league in a few years.

As for Lake - he does not have a crystal ball. But he has 3 years remaining on his contract, and the dogs wouldn't offer him that long if they didn't think he will be able to play. Thinking he might get one more year out of himself once his current contract is up, isn't too unrealistic. I didn't say i expect him to play for 6.

If you didn't chop my quote, you'd be able to see the '...within 2 years'.
29+2 = finished, for 95% * of footballers.
Maybe a guy as good as Lake could go into his early 30s. There are exceptions.
I just think you are being highly, highly optimistic to try and predict more than year-by-year for the 30+ blokes.

I like Roughead. He'll be a good ruckman, he's probably already pulling alongside Minson. Still a long way behind Hudson, but most are.
I know absolutely nothing of Cordy. And I see he hasn't played a game.
So yes, it is a stretch.

[* anecdotal statistics otoh]

I know absolutely nothing of Cordy.

He'll play this year. He was an 84kg twig when we got him as a f/s bargain at pick 14. He has recently surpassed the 100kg mark so he should be up to it now. He's 202cms tall and has excellent agility and is as good below his knees as a midfielder.

If you are unaware of who we have on our list, why are you commenting on our downfall? We haven't given our young guys games they would have got at say, Richmond, because we have been a strong team. Not quite so easy to break into.

Didnt realise the bulldogs were so old.Geelong St kilda and the doggies might be sliding sooner than expected.
Hawthorn looks like the only team capable of challenging collingwood atm with there relatively young key position stocks, unlike geelong and the western bulldogs

Essendon has some decent young key position stocks, does that mean they can challenge? Unlikely

Grant, Jones and Williams are pretty long in the tooth aren't they?

You've lost aker,johnson, eagleton and harbrow and will soon lose hall after this season.I dont think you have what it takes to be a contender this yr when you struggled majorly against the pies last yr and have now lost 3 vests.How are u going to improve enough to beat the pies with there young midfeild and backline? They have alot more room for improvement then u!

Sorry I had you confused with someone who could possibly decifer that I was referring to the team listed under your user name. So in plain english..............

Port Adelaide - 46 votes in this poll about which club has the worst list in the AFL

Adelaide - 1 vote in this poll about which club has the worst list in the AFL

Port Adelaide was second only to Brisbane, with 186 people voting.

Thus, for you to say that Adelaide's list is bottom 4 like you did, is contrary to what a large number of football followers of many AFL clubs believe.

Reality is that most think Port Adelaide's list is very very bad.............and I agree with them.
Ports list is not s**t. They have Alipate Carlile and Chaplin in defence whom will be there for years. Boak , Pearce, Gray , Hartlett , Rodan , Kane Cornes, Cameron Hitchcock, Jasper Pittard, Trengove , Brogan and then they have many goers in their team also to complement this mix such as Cassisi, Brett Ebert and Chad & Motlop when fully fit. Their forward half is what they have to sort out but its mainly to do with their key position forwards. Ben Jacobs will play games for them also, he is an accumulator of possessions.

You've lost aker,johnson, eagleton and harbrow and will soon lose hall after this season.I dont think you have what it takes to be a contender this yr when you struggled majorly against the pies last yr and have now lost 3 vests.How are u going to improve enough to beat the pies with there young midfeild and backline? They have alot more room for improvement then u!

Who says we have to beat the pies? Maybe Hawthorn will knock them out of the finals. Maybe Jolley will do his knee, then they are not the formidable team they currently are.

Higgins, Ward, Grant, Wood, Williams, Stack, Roughead, Hill, Jones have plenty of improvement left in them. 3 first round picks in Howard, Wallis and Cordy will be pushing for selection this year.

Our midfield is as good as Collingwood's. Hudson, Cross, Boyd, Griffen, Cooney, Ward, Picken, Sherman is as good as any in the competition. Only a couple of them will be dropping off due to age in the coming years.

Reality is that most think Port Adelaide's list is very very bad.............and I agree with them.

Most thought Adelaide would give the flag a shake last year and grind Port into the ground in the process. How right they were!

Port's list strength is predicated on whether or not a large number of injury-prone players can come good and realise their obvious potential and talent, but to say the list is "very very bad" is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where was the faith? :eek::eek:

I made that post before we had signed any of Young, Jonas, Wingard, Ebert, Wines, Hombsch, Monfries, Polec, White or Impey just to name a few. Incredible how good Port's recruiting has been over the last few years. That's nearly half of our best 22.

I made that post before we had signed any of Young, Jonas, Wingard, Ebert, Wines, Hombsch, Monfries, Polec, White or Impey just to name a few. Incredible how good Port's recruiting has been over the last few years. That's nearly half of our best 22.

At least you were spot on with your Lions prediction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back