Injury Who has the worst old man/woman injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket season official kicks off tomorrow and I’m a bit bummed out because I’m missing out with right hamstring tear number five. I’ve done my left three times as well. Hoping some of you peeps can make me feel better. Can anyone top 5 hammies or some other ridiculous old age injury? P

My left knee is shot. Subluxed it and needed huge amounts of physio. Problem is I still struggle to run on it, six years later

My left knee is shot. Subluxed it and needed huge amounts of physio. Problem is I still struggle to run on it, six years later

I try not to run now. Fear of tearing something haha

Cricket season official kicks off tomorrow and I’m a bit bummed out because I’m missing out with right hamstring tear number five. I’ve done my left three times as well. Hoping some of you peeps can make me feel better. Can anyone top 5 hammies or some other ridiculous old age injury? P

How good is getting old? I've pinged my hammies and calves a few times, but my go to preference is to tear the groin / hip region. Glad I didn't sign up to fill in for footy earlier this year as if I didn't shred anything, anything more than incidental contact on the shoulder would have nudged it out.

I got you bro ... chronic back issue that flares up with basically anything that requires me to bend. I cleaned out my garage last weekend, which tightened up my lower back, which lead to glute, hamstring and calf issues while running during the week. At this point, I've had probably 6-8 calf tears in the last 12-15 months as a result of my back. It also probably prematurely ended my career, and is almost solely responsible for not reaching, and still being involved at the professional level ..

I got you bro ... chronic back issue that flares up with basically anything that requires me to bend. I cleaned out my garage last weekend, which tightened up my lower back, which lead to glute, hamstring and calf issues while running during the week. At this point, I've had probably 6-8 calf tears in the last 12-15 months as a result of my back. It also probably prematurely ended my career, and is almost solely responsible for not reaching, and still being involved at the professional level ..

Ah, what could have been, eh? Same story for me, except chronic lack of talent was my downfall.

Injuries aside for a moment, the worst thing about ageing is hangovers. Back in the day you drank all night, tucked into a full English with oj, couple of coffees then a brief afternoon snooze during a lecture or something, then go again. These days I go though two days of feeling like I was run over by a tractor then eaten by dogs.

Injuries aside for a moment, the worst thing about ageing is hangovers. Back in the day you drank all night, tucked into a full English with oj, couple of coffees then a brief afternoon snooze during a lecture or something, then go again. These days I go though two days of feeling like I was run over by a tractor then eaten by dogs.
I'm surprised you let up for long enough to get a hangover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home at 4am up at 9am good to go. Now, home at 2am up on Thursday.

Ah, what could have been, eh? Same story for me, except chronic lack of talent was my downfall.
Believe me, it stings me that bit more that I have to be one of those "I could have made it if not for...." people ... but that's where I am. Perhaps I'll feel better about it in 15-20 years when I either spend my life hunched at a 90 degree angle, or get major back surgery.

I seem to have constant knee impingement. It's the wussiest knee injury possible. No surgery required just rest. Initially hurt it playing futsal two years ago and I can't seem to shake it. The most i've been able to do is 3 games in a row. Things will be going well but all it takes is one slightly bad tackle for me to be back in rehab because painful to walk again. I spent months overhauling my running technique but it hasn't really helped. Im very sure i'll require a cane to walk by the time I'm 35

Believe me, it stings me that bit more that I have to be one of those "I could have made it if not for...." people ... but that's where I am. Perhaps I'll feel better about it in 15-20 years when I either spend my life hunched at a 90 degree angle, or get major back surgery.

Full body transplants will be a thing in our lifetime. Save up your sheckles.

I seem to have constant knee impingement. It's the wussiest knee injury possible. No surgery required just rest. Initially hurt it playing futsal two years ago and I can't seem to shake it. The most i've been able to do is 3 games in a row. Things will be going well but all it takes is one slightly bad tackle for me to be back in rehab because painful to walk again. I spent months overhauling my running technique but it hasn't really helped. Im very sure i'll require a cane to walk by the time I'm 35

Physio has to teach me to walk and run again. I have a 2 yr old who walks better than me. Apparently I don’t roll my right hip when I move.

My friend after our round 9 loss to norf stepped on my toe during kick to kick. Gave me Bernie toe. it went away though, played football. Then a couple of weeks ago my toenail decides it's time to part ways and now i'm waiting for it to fully detach. So yeah, gross. Also doctor said it's deformed and will never grow back straight.

Second worst injury i guess is something i did in 2014, and people will laugh. Being the loner at uni at the time (and depressed but another story), all i did in my free time was go out to field and kick a football up in the air and then catch it. I sprained my finger doing it and had to get myself to to hospital back when i didn't have a car and the campus was well outside of the cbd, for what the trouble it put me through i wished i had broken it. i remember talking to other people in the room and when they asked i lied saying i'd hurt it playing football or doing footy training because i didn't want to say i'd hurt myself from kicking a footy to myself.

FFS now that i think of it, i'm glad 2014 is dead and buried in the past, what an awful year of my life

So anyway nothing serious yet, i tend to stay injury free, although this toe thing sucks. But my body sucks though, once i started playing footy the physio was surprised at how much work i needed doing just to allow me to run freely. My calfs always get knotted and are right now as i do some running which is really limiting me atm but i can't see anyone until the season starts. And i used to get really sore in my right shoulder mid game or training but it'd go away after a while. i didn't realise how much up keep i'd need off the field just to be able to run out on game day

I've either got problems with me hips or something worse but I haven't been able to climb stairs without both knees feeling like they might explode from pain an pressure since I was about 12.
I also have some type of arthritis in my hands, can't squeeze anything tight especially at night and I've often needed the over night guess to open a bottle

I did my lower back 3 weeks ago and have had to lie down heaps, but it's gradually getting better. Sounds horrific, I know...

Seriously, I came in here all ready to let rip with the complaining about it - only to read all the crap you guys are going through - YIKES!! Some of you have some real chronic stuff going on with your bodies. I can't even raise a woe is me anymore.

Oh, actually, I do have one: I've been a Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic since I was 17. Does that count? The worst part is when they call it "juvenile diabetes" - when you have hit 40, it feels ridiculous to have a juvenile problem. Makes it sound like you're just immature and didn't want to deal with real grown-up diabetes.

521311db583dd4639b7dfbc0bf8f8800.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back