Injury Who has the worst old man/woman injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

gross picture but this will become an old man injury. This is after I put it back in place on field. Can't straighten my finger and still doesn't have full grip in it. Doctor thinks they set it back wrong and I need to get the surgery re-done
Before it was back in the bone was apparently completely out of the skin and dislocated

Attachments

• IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    930.5 KB · Views: 67
In my last year of uni we had a guest lecturer who had Crohn's Disease. I distinctly remember the jar full of pills he slapped down on the lecturn - his daily intake. He also regaled us with tales of having multiple sections of his digestive tract cut out. Wonderful stuff really. Fast forward two years and at 25 I get diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.. yeah, * that noise.

A few years back I decided it would be a good idea to catch an edge while snowboarding and body slam some ice with my chest. Got myself some nice bruised ribs and 2 months of agony. The worst part was lying down - once down it was next to impossible to get back up due to the intense crushing feeling whenever I bent my torso. Literally had to stop mid root multiple times as well. Then in the morning I couldn't physically get up and out of a girl's bed so I just had to kind of roll and flop off the side like a fish escaping from a boat. I think I made a good impression on her.

In my last year of uni we had a guest lecturer who had Crohn's Disease. I distinctly remember the jar full of pills he slapped down on the lecturn - his daily intake. He also regaled us with tales of having multiple sections of his digestive tract cut out. Wonderful stuff really. Fast forward two years and at 25 I get diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.. yeah, **** that noise.

A few years back I decided it would be a good idea to catch an edge while snowboarding and body slam some ice with my chest. Got myself some nice bruised ribs and 2 months of agony. The worst part was lying down - once down it was next to impossible to get back up due to the intense crushing feeling whenever I bent my torso. Literally had to stop mid root multiple times as well. Then in the morning I couldn't physically get up and out of a girl's bed so I just had to kind of roll and flop off the side like a fish escaping from a boat. I think I made a good impression on her.
I had 3 cracked ribs a few years back. Makes life difficult

The missus just cracked two and ****ed her cartlidge from a chest infection. She coughed so much it cracked ribs. That's real old woman s**t.

Literally had to stop mid root multiple times as well. Then in the morning I couldn't physically get up and out of a girl's bed so I just had to kind of roll and flop off the side like a fish escaping from a boat. I think I made a good impression on her.
You came back from injury too early. It's important to get in a proper pre-season before you start playing again.

I had 3 cracked ribs a few years back. Makes life difficult

The missus just cracked two and ****** her cartlidge from a chest infection. She coughed so much it cracked ribs. That's real old woman s**t.
That happened to me once. The doctor thought it was so dumb cracking ribs coughing that he ran tests to see whether I had bone density issues. I didn’t though. It was just some epic coughing.

You came back from injury too early. It's important to get in a proper pre-season before you start playing again.

Not sure that's true. I was told it's just like riding a bike.

That happened to me once. The doctor thought it was so dumb cracking ribs coughing that he ran tests to see whether I had bone density issues. I didn’t though. It was just some epic coughing.
Yeah exactly the same as the missus. Although the Gp wasn't helpful she ended up talking to the doc at Casey. Gps are useless

I got you bro ... chronic back issue that flares up with basically anything that requires me to bend. I cleaned out my garage last weekend, which tightened up my lower back, which lead to glute, hamstring and calf issues while running during the week. At this point, I've had probably 6-8 calf tears in the last 12-15 months as a result of my back. It also probably prematurely ended my career, and is almost solely responsible for not reaching, and still being involved at the professional level ..
Of what sport?

In my last year of uni we had a guest lecturer who had Crohn's Disease. I distinctly remember the jar full of pills he slapped down on the lecturn - his daily intake. He also regaled us with tales of having multiple sections of his digestive tract cut out. Wonderful stuff really. Fast forward two years and at 25 I get diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.. yeah, **** that noise.

I don't reckon there would be a good position at all to clip a bird when you've got broken ribs. Maybe dog, but at a medium pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played footy for 24 years all up juniors and seniors. Never had too many bad injuries other than a heap of concussions and a broken hand. Retired and had a run around with my two boys at Auskick and snapped my Achilles. FML

I've had chronic lower back problems since I put it out badly in the gym about 15 years ago. I've also got what I think is arthritis kicking off in my left ankle, that I really did some serious damage to kicking the footy with my brother when I was 17 and came down on the side of a gutter. My knees are also giving me some interesting pains these days when walking up stairs. Oh, and my eyesight is going, can't read the directions/ingredients on the back of bottles any more.

Yeah, I'm a wreck.

I've got a soft tissue injury in my left wrist from Year 8 Sport (Tennis), where I fell on my wrist going for the ball. My mate was also going for the ball. I fell, he fell on me, I fell on my wrist. I'm now 23 and every couple months my wrist acts up haha.

I've had chronic lower back problems since I put it out badly in the gym about 15 years ago. I've also got what I think is arthritis kicking off in my left ankle, that I really did some serious damage to kicking the footy with my brother when I was 17 and came down on the side of a gutter. My knees are also giving me some interesting pains these days when walking up stairs. Oh, and my eyesight is going, can't read the directions/ingredients on the back of bottles any more.

Yeah, I'm a wreck.
How old are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back