Who have you been most wrong about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Daicos being a dud and to delist him - Wasnt a regular after his 3rd season and behind Callum Brown. And i was annoyed at having too many players under 180cm on the list, especially with Bianco being added as the same type of player

Nathan Murphy being a dud after his 3rd and 4th season. Didnt know that he had it in him to hold a key defensive post and save his career

To Trade Elliot after 2018 until 2021, he was injury prone and thought we could get something at least when Brisbane were interested.

But my harshness isnt all bad because on the flip side, i was pro trading Grundy in 2019 at a premium, and against getting Beams

Not sure if it counts as being wrong as his career was cut short, but after playing the whole year in 2018 and polling our only Norm Smith votes I was convinced Tom Langdon would go on to completely break out and become a premier backman of the competition.

How Moore is now was quite similar to what I imagined so thankfully don't have to imagine what if too much on that one

Nathan Murphy being a dud after his 3rd and 4th season. Didnt know that he had it in him to hold a key defensive post and save his career
Thought Murph was a spud from the moment we took him. So happy to be wrong and hope he gets as many years as his noggin allows!

I definitely rated Cal Brown ahead of Josh Daicos for a while there.

Alan Toovey

I said we aren’t winning anything with him in the team then he tackled and ran his way to a flag

Bringing back Beams was worth it to get genuine A Grade talent after falling so short in the 2018 Granny (and getting IQ as an NGA reducing the cost).

Even Paying Way Overs in the Trade and know of his Off-Field Issues?

Taylor Adams
Thought his kicking wasn't up to the mark, and that his handballs were poorly timed and got teammates into pressure.
But he worked on his game and improved
When he plays against us this year he might actually kick it to a Collingwood player for once. Ha

Alan Toovey

I said we aren’t winning anything with him in the team then he tackled and ran his way to a flag

I thought the same thing but Glad I was Wrong Then.

I thought he never even be a Descnt Kick of the Ball

No one got it as wrong as Brisbane did on Crisp at least 😂
In some ways the fly era has made him even better-every time the “comebacks” would generally be from his drive and dash from the back

He’s also a player who improves in finals, which considering his output in the regular season is no mean feat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you what, I was wrong about the Melbourne Footy Club.

Used to love em, feel sorry for them, something like that. Now they just piss me off playing against them. Same to GWS, when they came in I loved their identity/branding and almost called them my second team as they slowly climbed into relevance.

Now I watch last years' finals series with a bit more enjoyment than maybe my past self would have :)

After the “Best school footballer in SA since Carey” comments I must admit I got way too excited about him. Even when his body was OK Shaz was a bit vanilla for my liking
Shaz was a sheep dog.

I watched him get 41 possessions in a VFL game and people went gaga at the stats, but it was all just him squirting behind the ball for a cheap stat and then giving it off sideways to someone in a worse possession than where the ball started.

I thought Madgen could be damaging on the wing.

I also thought Ruscoe was going to have a breakout season in 2023 and be an excellent backman for us.

Was an advocate for trading Sidebottom for draft currency post 2019. Thought the game was passing him by.

Thought Tom Mitchell looked cooked and too slow towards rhe end of the season.
Same. Thought he was done.

Just his shoulders, ribs, knee and concussion last year. Not to many body parts that he didn’t injure last year
Didn’t miss too many long stretches out due to injury though from my recollection. Just one week here and two there…I could be mistaken but I think he had a better run than in prior years

Last edited:
Didn’t miss too many long stretches out due to injury though from my recollection. Just one here and two there…I could be mistaken but I think he had a better run than in prior years
Think he was available towards the back half but continued shoulder problems was his major issue earlier. Had a reconstruction on his shoulder early 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back