All Australian
Suspended
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Richo
I hate the filth with a passion, (a little more than i hate most other clubs) they are the scum of South Australia and deserve a 10 goal hiding.

I am still spewing from 1997, when i think back on that GF it gives me a bad headache. We will have to hand them many a beat down for me to get over it. I hope the pain will ease soon

LETS CRUSH THEM LIKE BUGS AND DENY THEM OF A CHANCE AT TOP 4

If you haven't got over your pain nearly 11 years on from that sensational Crows 97 Premiership, I can't see that you ever will

Congratulations to Robert Harvey for a great career, a true champion, and won the 2005 final in Adelaide for the Saints almost singlehandedly

For your sake, I hope that the Crows win in Harvey's last game in Melbourne won't make you more bitter than you already are!

• Banned
If you haven't got over your pain nearly 11 years on from that sensational Crows 97 Premiership, I can't see that you ever will

Congratulations to Robert Harvey for a great career, a true champion, and won the 2005 final in Adelaide for the Saints almost singlehandedly

For your sake, I hope that the Crows win in Harvey's last game in Melbourne won't make you more bitter than you already are!

It burns every day

I'd say every Saints fan old enough to remember 97 hates Adelaide. Nothing personal really, but the pain of that day will never go away (well, maybe if we beat them in GF some day)

Whilst I don't hold a personal grudge against every Adelaide supporter, I still have a little hostility left over after 1997.

Not many other clubs could understand.

We came from last to finish the season in top spot. We played one of the finest matches of football the club has ever played in order to get there. (against North).

I caught the train in, there were literally thousands of other footy fans - many wearing their own club colours, but all were united in their support of a Victorian team winning the big one. Most would not begrudge the Saints a premiership - knowing how we had suffered in our wretched past.

I was so pumped.

By half time - my hopes had been pumped even higher. My brother had known for how long I had barracked for the Saints and for so little reward - he was there at half time telling me we had it in the bag now.

By three quarter time I was concerned.

At the close of play I was devastated. My world had been crushed after I allowed myself hope. We have not made the Grand Final since.

The game Robert Harvey played would have earned a Norm Smith medal (had we won) and the justice would have prevailed on Earth.

So - no - I'm not entirely over it :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twice - And looking back on it I realised how much I hated every minute of it. No wonder so many South Australians move interstate every year.

So I'm guessing you've been here less than 10 days or something? Seen all the sights of SA? Or do you just follow the crowd and bag Adelaide just for the sake of it even though you've only seen less than a quarter of the state?

You hated every minute of it? Every single minute? Get ya hand off it mate, what was SO terrible about Adelaide?

Geez louise I've lived in Melbourne and go there every year to see family and watch footy. I hate the place but I don't go there and hate every single minute.

I tell you what Milney, their damn song haunts me still. I darkly recall their song chasing me, echoing through the carpark - as I escaped full steam towards the free open bar at the Hilton. Not believing we'd just pissed away our big chance. Have never seen a replay, never will.

I live in the town under scrutiny. It's not that bad fellas - in fact, having lived in Moorabbin (well, Highett actually, but anyways...), I can say I enjoy living in Adelaide more. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Crows drive me crazy, but! Footy coverage here is SOOOOOO one-sided, it's just beyond belief.

Geez still alot of mentally scared Saints supporters:eek:

That would be scarred Einstein.

If the Wiz and Buckets hadn't of lost family members during the week (before the grand final) we would have won. But hard to blame the Crows for that.

I'm not fond of that horrid _ucking song though. I would vomit again but cannot risk another underpants warning from Fehring.

You cant call Adelaide "The Filth". Thats Collingwood and always will be.
Mentally scarred over 97 for sure and I hated the St Kilda team that lost it. Took me along time to get over their falling apart like that. It was in the bag:eek:

You cant call Adelaide "The Filth". Thats Collingwood and always will be.
Mentally scarred over 97 for sure and I hated the St Kilda team that lost it. Took me along time to get over their falling apart like that. It was in the bag:eek:

Sorry they can be "the filth"

I tell you what Milney, their damn song haunts me still. I darkly recall their song chasing me, echoing through the carpark - as I escaped full steam towards the free open bar at the Hilton. Not believing we'd just pissed away our big chance. Have never seen a replay, never will.

If i hear it tomorrow mate i could go mad inside my own head.. I hear suicide is painless?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back