Discussion Who here hates Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what Milney, their damn song haunts me still. I darkly recall their song chasing me, echoing through the carpark - as I escaped full steam towards the free open bar at the Hilton. Not believing we'd just pissed away our big chance. Have never seen a replay, never will.

LOL hahahhaha.. its not funny but i recall the same thing, a young boy from the country gone to the biggest game in september to watch my hopes and dreams crushed. The old man and i walked thru the car park heads down not a word said, and that ****ing song just ringing in our ears.

LOL hahahhaha.. its not funny but i recall the same thing, a young boy from the country gone to the biggest game in september to watch my hopes and dreams crushed. The old man and i walked thru the car park heads down not a word said, and that ****ing song just ringing in our ears.

How are you Milnedog?

Thanks for continuing to fight the good fight in my absence.

Adelaide is my most hated club in the AFL by a long long way

That ****ing "pride of south australia" song was drilled into my head in 1997 and i've still never gotten over it

Todays win was very very sweet....suck on it adelaide, and good luck beating the bulldogs next week coz if you dont chances are you are playing us first week of the finals :)

Seriously, why hate the AFC? Because they beat us in '97? That's crap. If we had been good enough we would have won. We weren't, they were, well done to them. That's how footy goes.

I like a victory as much as the next Saints supporter (and yes, I very much enjoyed the game yesterday from my MW seat in L3) but hating another club for being better than us is just nuts. I also don't hate PA for 2004; Sydney for 2005, or Hawthorn for 1971. If we were good enough we would have won.

The AFC showed a bit of class yesterday with their honour guard for Harves after a bit of a smacking, and we should be respectful of them for that at least.

The AFC showed a bit of class yesterday with their honour guard for Harves after a bit of a smacking, and we should be respectful of them for that at least.

It was a quality effort by the Crows.:thumbsu:

How are you Milnedog?

Thanks for continuing to fight the good fight in my absence.

Ahh L2M4G, good to see you are back from the Red Card.

I am well thankyou, a little better than i was at about 5.30pm sunday night after we smashed the filthy dirty South Australian pigs. I told myself i would not drink again but here we are again. You know how it is, a few after work, leads into a few more then you find yourself on bigfooty collecting red cards.

I will always fight the good fight when a comrade is down, bay 13 was just not the same without your backup tho. I had the other deputys in the colonal saint kfc, siamang (resting on a yellow atm), falchoon,saintsmanmat, huggy b, kildo etc etc etc...

We did not have the fire power without you sheriff. Looking foward to moving foward against the essendon scum bags.

Ahh L2M4G, good to see you are back from the Red Card.

I am well thankyou, a little better than i was at about 5.30pm sunday night after we smashed the filthy dirty South Australian pigs. I told myself i would not drink again but here we are again. You know how it is, a few after work, leads into a few more then you find yourself on bigfooty collecting red cards.

I will always fight the good fight when a comrade is down, bay 13 was just not the same without your backup tho. I had the other deputys in the colonal saint kfc, siamang (resting on a yellow atm), falchoon,saintsmanmat, huggy b, kildo etc etc etc...

We did not have the fire power without you sheriff. Looking foward to moving foward against the essendon scum bags.

You are a loyal soldier Milnedog and I'm glad to have you in my corner.

FINISH THEM!

I was so happy when we won the NAB Cup down there. Crows was the fav and we got up at good odds. King won the Day/Night double :)

I'm not really old enough to have followed AFL too closely in 97. Looks like the Jarman trade was the winning move.

Building a team strong enough to take flags is the game. Look at the trade talk this year.

When we have the team and deserve the flag it will be the sweetest victory of all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide is my most hated club in the AFL by a long long way

That ****ing "pride of south australia" song was drilled into my head in 1997 and i've still never gotten over it

Todays win was very very sweet....suck on it adelaide, and good luck beating the bulldogs next week coz if you dont chances are you are playing us first week of the finals :)
That f*****g pride of SA song is drilled into my head over here all the time.
And let it be said - We SHOULD hate them 'cos every time we come near the crows they start with the "underachiever" tag (for us) on the radio, and then THEY ALL recall the 97 Grand Final like it happened yesterday and the '98 GF doen't really count that much. And then they carry on regarding the Saints Draft picks, and then the draft and then Graham Cornes decides that maybe Harvs isn't really that good because of some pereceived deficiency (that was shot down totally in a radio interview by Robert Walls).
I don't hate the players at all - but their supporters on the other hand...... (Port supporters BTW generally assume you don't like them due to the "entry in '91 debacle" and the general hate for their feeder team the PA Magpies)

I will never forget them singing "oh when the crows go marching in" the day after the 97 GF...

Im the same. I hate the crows more than Port, for the same reason, I was there in 97 and that song still rings in my ears. And I was there at FP in 04 when Port beat us. But the adelaide loss was worse

I live in Adelaide. Have all my life. Like the city as its so easy to get around. Hate the Adelaide Football Club but not as much as I hate a lot of their "supporters" To be fair though the Adelaide media have a lot to answer to it is just saturation of the AFC. ITS SICKENING especially the clowns on radio5aa

I was 7 years old. The saints were coming off great finals win against Brisbane and North..Cutting a Long and sad stroy short we left the ground with my heart broken, and the tears flowing. Dad was fuming and it was a long summer. I hate Adelaide, i just hope one day i can get over it with a winning premiership over them...Until then..ill hate them

I live in Adelaide. Have all my life. Like the city as its so easy to get around. Hate the Adelaide Football Club but not as much as I hate a lot of their "supporters" To be fair though the Adelaide media have a lot to answer to it is just saturation of the AFC. ITS SICKENING especially the clowns on radio5aa
What do they actually have against us mate? I have been here a couple of years and KG, Cornesy and David Wildy (spelling) just bag us all the time? KG especially always harps on about the saints? what's his freakin problem?:mad:

Wow, three Saints supporters all living in Adelaide. Krusden and Panthers, when you go watch the game on Foxtel at a pub, which do you go to? I'm in the SE suburbs, so I've generally gone to the Arkaba's Sports bar. I'm toying with the Hyde Park Tavern on KW Rd (they have Coopers Stout on tap - I LOVE me stout!).

1997 really hurt, those bastards. Someone should pour a billion mega litres of fuel over Adelaide and set it alight. That point was a goal you dolt! You ruined a fairytale Grand Final between the Saints and the Dogs!

If only it was the same umpire who judged Aussie's out on the full a point!

Still a chance of both sides making the Granny this year, (lol not) so letttts gooo pour hydrochloric acid into Geelongs water!

We sand it on the train home! every one in the carriage singing with tears in their eyes

We came down from the country, 17 years old with my best mate and his old man and a few others. Paid a small mint for the tickets - 4th row from the front, on the 50 metre line where Aussie baulked that bloke and kicked probably the greatest goal I've ever seen from a Saints player.

Got told that it would be an all-night party down at Linton Street if we happen to get up, no chance of getting home... until the Jarman show happened. The greatest seats ever turned into the most nightmare seats as we got basically a birds eye view of him destroying thousands of people's dreams. After the first couple... "get Shanahan off him"... after the next couple... "get bloody Shanahan off him"... finally we just sat there in stunned silence as a million Crows fans emerged from the woodwork. It was like we were surrounded by them.

They were rightfully happy, no outrageous gloating from what we saw, but it was up there with one of the most shattering experiences of my first 17 years. From that moment forward, I have never thought that the Saints have been absolutely safe in any game up until the final siren, and unfortunately many times they have proven me right by losing games they've seemingly had total control over. Its like a sense that you don't want to get ahead of yourself incase you get disappointed like that fateful day in 1997.

Until we win one... I will never forget that day. Never. :(

P.S - I've never watched the replay of that game and won't until we win a GF.

P.P.S - Harvey with a Brownlow, Norm Smith and a GF victory in the one year would have been fitting.

P.P.P.S - I don't hate Adelaide, I just despise what they did to us on that day :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back