Who Here Owns A Business?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,

There's a lot of talk about money and investments on this board, but I haven't seen any discussion on starting or running a business.

Do you run your own business? Or have you previously? This might be a good chance to discuss ideas or provide advice to others.

Also, you can shamelessly plug away! You might just find a new customer.

Hi all,

There's a lot of talk about money and investments on this board, but I haven't seen any discussion on starting or running a business.

Do you run your own business? Or have you previously? This might be a good chance to discuss ideas or provide advice to others.

Great thread- I'll be looking to go out on my own in my industry at some stage.
Interested to hear what people's thoughts are.
Does anyone here have any experience buying a franchise? If so benefits/positives you experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Shame his didn't take off.

BF is a small business these days. Biggest issue is probably keeping up with technology, the Twitterisation of online discussion.

Mobile is the biggie. It marches on, but ad rates are much lower on mobile.

I'm a teacher but really can't see myself wanting to teach past about 55 so am planning to go into the coffee van business when I reach that age (7 years away).

I'm a teacher but really can't see myself wanting to teach past about 55 so am planning to go into the coffee van business when I reach that age (7 years away).

Is that market going to be the same in 7 years?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great thread- I'll be looking to go out on my own in my industry at some stage.
Interested to hear what people's thoughts are.
Does anyone here have any experience buying a franchise? If so benefits/positives you experienced.

Franchise, depending on what it is and unless your buying a MacDonalds, you are putting in your own capital to buy yourself a job, with 70 hour weeks and no benefits .
The real business is selling franchises

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have this unscientific method for gauging how well small businesses are doing.

I just look out while I am driving around and see how new the elaborate decals and signage are on cars and utes.

They have been getting pretty old for some sectors lately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franchise, depending on what it is and unless your buying a MacDonalds, you are putting in your own capital to buy yourself a job, with 70 hour weeks and no benefits .
The real business is selling franchises

Hmm- the franchisees for the company I work for have it very good.

Ask your boss how he feels.
He'd know with the marketing fees, royalties , product/inventory/stock restrictions .

Inventory ect. Isn't a "thing" in our industry.

Yes that's right.
All the more reason why the franchisees are paying unnecessary overs . There's no inventory systems, layouts , stock,
Shop fittouts and locations to worry about.
Just leads and marketing .
The franchisees can't even set their own pricing and make it difficult to diversify into other areas, which most business do to get the right balance.
No disrespect to your company, it takes a lot off effort and cost in setting up a franchise.
But personally I would never invest in a franchise.

All the more reason why the franchisees are paying unnecessary overs . There's no inventory systems, layouts , stock,
Shop fittouts and locations to worry about.
Just leads and marketing .
The franchisees can't even set their own pricing and make it difficult to diversify into other areas, which most business do to get the right balance.
No disrespect to your company, it takes a lot off effort and cost in setting up a franchise.
But personally I would never invest in a franchise.

Hmm I'd again say my specific area of the service sector is a exception to this. Head office doesn't set pricing that would be suicide in our industry.

Agree to disagree here, I spose my area could be an exception to your rule I guess. I know how much our franchisees rake it in, I'm in the "head office" as such and I know much income they generate in comparison so some of the F/T staff.

Hmm I'd again say my specific area of the service sector is a exception to this. Head office doesn't set pricing that would be suicide in our industry.

Agree to disagree here, I spose my area could be an exception to your rule I guess. I know how much our franchisees rake it in, I'm in the "head office" as such and I know much income they generate in comparison so some of the F/T staff.

Yes comparing employees and business owners are not comparable. People that take risks should always rake it in.while they can, as they take the risks. They have to pay taxes, gst, employees wages, their own super and leave ..

Yes comparing employees and business owners are not comparable. People that take risks should always rake it in.while they can, as they take the risks. They have to pay taxes, gst, employees wages, their own super and leave ..

Yes but franchisees and a lot of the FT staff actually have the same role was what I meant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back