Who is accountable for our club's catastrophic misreading of our list?

Remove this Banner Ad

No it doesn't its mindset

Port are playing youth with no expectation of a flag

Do we take the same attitude

Jones clearly showed he struggles at AFL level ATM, douglas is proven but needs to find form like TEx, talia and Betts need to find form
How has McHenry gone at AFL level? Stengle? FOG this year?

We’ve played one new recruit this year, one. We gave Jones games 2 months ago when we were mostly s**t.

Betts has had two quiet ones but before that was in decent form and still leads our goal kickers.

But in the last 2 games we have failed to get the ball into our forward 50 when it counts.

Douglas is past it, everyone can see that and is playing in a position that a young guy should be playing. He ain’t getting back his form, for anyone to think that’s a possibility is madness and he’s now had 4 s**t games back.

How has McHenry gone at AFL level? Stengle? FOG this year?

We’ve played one new recruit this year, one. We gave Jones games 2 months ago when we were mostly s**t.

Betts has had two quiet ones but before that was in decent form and still leads our goal kickers.

But in the last 2 games we have failed to get the ball into our forward 50 when it counts.

Douglas is past it, everyone can see that and is playing in a position that a young guy should be playing. He ain’t getting back his form, for anyone to think that’s a possibility is madness and he’s now had 4 s**t games back.

McHenry cant handle the step up at SANFL in terms of physicality with a bad back how will he go at the next level SERIOUSLY

Jones was given 4 or 5 games and struggled

Fog yes could have palyed but most would agree he has struggled at SANFL this year, do you want to set him up to fail

We have played Davis he failed, granted it was a tough match but most wanted him dropped

We have played EH he has struggled and it was seen as a masterstroke bring JJ back

Pohlkoke had a run Murphy continues to be out there

Wilson deserves a crack and we need to know if richmond were wrong about stengle

Apperently Stengle can only play Betts role so give him a crack, drop the golden boy for all I care after we saw what burton did to him

McHenry cant handle the step up at SANFL in terms of physicality with a bad back how will he go at the next level SERIOUSLY

Fog yes could have palyed but most would agree he has struggled at SANFL this year, do you want to set him up to fail

We have played Davis he failed, granted it was a tough match but most wanted him dropped

We have played EH he has struggled and it was seen as a masterstroke bring JJ back

Wilson deserves a crack and we need to know if richmond were wrong about stengle

Apperently Stengle can only play Betts role so give him a crack, drop the golden boy for all I care after we saw what burton did to him
Yes McHenry with a back complaint obviously means he can’t handle AFL, so what did Boak miss the Showdown with? I’m surprised Boak isn’t physically ready either.

Jones was given 4-5 games when the team struggled. He’s replaced by Douglas who has struggled so what’s your point?

We thought Davis would be making way for Lynch, I would have kept him ahead of Douglas.

Yes EH who kicked 2 against Geelong struggled and it was masterstoke bringing back Jenkins against Port, how did that turn out?

Pohohkle hasn’t once been played in the position he’s been dominating at SANFL level, the midfield.

I’d play Stengle ahead of Murphy any day.

Yes let’s drop Betts our leading goal scorer.

You’ve not mentioned dropping Douglas this week? Done enough to keep his spot, but we know you love your oldies, even though he’s not even being competitive which is your goal, keeping competitive.

Yes McHenry with a back complaint obviously means he can’t handle AFL, so what did Boak miss the Showdown with? I’m surprised Boak isn’t physically ready either.

Jones was given 4-5 games when the team struggled. He’s replaced by Douglas who has struggled so what’s your point?

We thought Davis would be making way for Lynch, I would have kept him ahead of Douglas.

Yes EH who kicked 2 against Geelong struggled and it was masterstoke bringing back Jenkins against Port, how did that turn out?

Pohohkle hasn’t once been played in the position he’s been dominating at SANFL level, the midfield.

I’d play Stengle ahead of Murphy any day.

Yes let’s drop Betts our leading goal scorer.

You’ve not mentioned dropping Douglas this week? Done enough to keep his spot, but we know you love your oldies, even though he’s not even being competitive which is your goal, keeping competitive.

You write what you want to believe don't you

Mchenry

Young Crow Ned McHenry will be rested due to general soreness.

He is playing SANFL man, what are you taking can I have some

As for Jones

Yes he was equal to douglas we all want Douglas dropped why would we replace him with someone with the same output FFS are you for real

EH

The whole board thought EH was cooked, comeone that isn't even up for discussion is it?

Pohlkoke

No one is even calling for him in, lets be honest he is a plodder

Stengle

I said Stengle for Murphy but was advised not enough defensive pressure only good for Betts replacement but they wont drop the golden haired boy he brings bums to seats

Douglas

I said drop him last week but not for JOnes as he offers no more even you said that Jones offers the same as douglas

You write what you want to believe don't you

Mchenry

Young Crow Ned McHenry will be rested due to general soreness.

He is playing SANFL man, what are you taking can I have some

As for Jones

Yes he was equal to douglas we all want Douglas dropped why would we replace him with someone with the same output FFS are you for real

EH

The whole board thought EH was cooked, comeone that isn't even up for discussion is it?

Pohlkoke

No one is even calling for him in, lets be honest he is a plodder

Stengle

I said Stengle for Murphy but was advised not enough defensive pressure only good for Betts replacement but they wont drop the golden haired boy he brings bums to seats

Douglas

I said drop him last week but not for JOnes as he offers no more even you said that Jones offers the same as douglas
Did you read past the first line on McHenry? Because if you had you wouldn’t have posted it if you thought it proved your point.

As for Jones

Douglas

hopefully this makes things nice and simple for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real Brad Crouch showed up again the last two weeks, the one that actually matters - he always has, and by now people should realise always will, evaporate in the tough games against the tough opponents. A player who is so overwhelmingly a one way runner cannot continue on in this league if he does nothing but jog and cause turnovers while attacking. Him still being on our list is as much of an indictment of the culture at this club as the failure to develop players to push Mackay and Douglas out of the side even as they play in their 30s

This club will never get anywhere until it finally accepts that the Brad Crouch experiment has failed, moves him on for what they can get, and gets over it. Sunk cost fallacy is an incredibly destructive mental barrier.

And my money is on Keath leading the BnF right now, by a ways.
You and your Crouch vendetta is utterly ludicrous..

Matt and Brad put in week in week out and are among our best and you write them off.

The reason our better players struggle at the moment is because lazy, useless and poorly performing players like Atkins, mookay and douglas keep being granted game after game when its clear to everyone, except the “boys club” dopes currently running the show, that they are total liabilities.

These three blokes dish up their s**t every week and the direct result is that guys like matt, brad and R sloane have to, on top of their own responsibilities, try and pick up the slack.

Its compounded even further, like we saw on the weekend, when guys like seedsman, laird, gooch and smith have a poor week because normally these guys also help pick up the slack..

Time to dump the rubbish these three useless flogs bring and get some lads in that will help relieve this unnecessary extra pressure and workload that our best players are under..

Like someone above said.. Bcrouch is currently out best player and would be well ahead in the race for our BandF.. yet you continue to write the lad off..

its pathetic especially given brad missed an entire year of football last year.. most players that happens to take a year of solid football to return to their best.

You and your Crouch vendetta is utterly ludicrous..

Matt and Brad put in week in week out and are among our best and you write them off.

The reason our better players struggle at the moment is because lazy, useless and poorly performing players like Atkins, mookay and douglas keep being granted game after game when its clear to everyone, except the “boys club” dopes currently running the show, that they are total liabilities.

These three blokes dish up their s**t every week and the direct result is that guys like matt, brad and R sloane have to, on top of their own responsibilities, try and pick up the slack.

Its compounded even further, like we saw on the weekend, when guys like seedsman, laird, gooch and smith have a poor week because normally these guys also help pick up the slack..

Time to dump the rubbish these three useless flogs bring and get some lads in that will help relieve this unnecessary extra pressure and workload that our best players are under..

Like someone above said.. Bcrouch is currently out best player and would be well ahead in the race for our BandF.. yet you continue to write the lad off..

its pathetic especially given brad missed an entire year of football last year.. most players that happens to take a year of solid football to return to their best.

But Elite Crow says its all our midfield who fail to deliver to our forwards

Crap it does, anyone who has general soreness is just struggling with the rigors of the game that's fine he will get bigger and stronger as time goes on
I award this round to Elite Crow, for having read the article, where it says that McHenry jarred his spine and would need rest.
I'm glad he posted it because I was looking for it, problem is he didn't read it. This is the give away:

“Two weeks ago, he carried a high-grade hip pointer through training and a game, only to then fall heavily from a marking contest onto his pelvis and jar his lumbar spine,” Saunders said.

But yes its clear his body isn't up to it.

I'm glad he posted it because I was looking for it, problem is he didn't read it. This is the give away:

“Two weeks ago, he carried a high-grade hip pointer through training and a game, only to then fall heavily from a marking contest onto his pelvis and jar his lumbar spine,” Saunders said.

But yes its clear his body isn't up to it.

Not with all this lumbar spine jarring, it's not, Fictitious Crow.

Problem you fail to understand I don't want anyone in the team who has the same output as Douglas if I want to win a game of footy as Elite says that is all that Jones offers ATM

But if you want to develop and not worry about wins and losses that another story
You can do both. Develop and go for wins, we are going for wins with Douglas, so lets put someone in who is the future and can't do any worse, its not rocket science.

Last edited:
You can do both. Develop and go for wins, we are going for wins with Douglas, so lets put someone in who is the future and can't do any worse, its not rocket science.

All posters are saying drop douglas including myself because his output costs us games

Jones as elite says and as he has shown is equivelant to douglas

It means it will cost us games as it did with douglas

I would play Jones but not stress about losing

Jones and Ned are in their first years as I have said previously not even a superstar like Danger or Fyfe did anything in their first year, is it that hard to understand their bodies need developing its as clear as glad wrap

But Elite Crow says its all our midfield who fail to deliver to our forwards
You really are stupid aren’t you..

Completely missed my entire point..

EC is correct it is our whole midfield group failing to deliver it well to our forwrd line...

but our best midfielders aren’t doing it as well as they usually would because they are under so much pressure.. and a hell of a lot of that pressure is unnecessary pressure being heaped on them due to not only not getting help from the useless lazy pricks i mentioned but also having their workloads massively increased having to pick up their slack..

Take Kelly out of Geelong’s midfield and put Rory Sloane or Bcrouch in his place and sloaney or brad would be doing what Kelly does each week.. running around free to do as they please and racking up brownlow points!..

Kelly is able to do what he does because hes got a dozen other players around him supporting him and geelong havent got 3-4 lazy, useless pricks in their team that others have to pick up the slack for..

put Kelly in our team vs port on the weekend in place of Brad... Kelly wouldve struggled and the game’s result would’ve been exactly the same...

Our champions are being asked to carry to many s**t passengers week in week out.

We wont improve till we * them off permanently.

You really are stupid aren’t you..

Completely missed my entire point..

EC is correct it is our whole midfield group failing to deliver it well to our forwrd line...

but our best midfielders aren’t doing it as well as they usually would because they are under so much pressure.. and a hell of a lot of that pressure is unnecessary pressure being heaped on them due to not only not getting help from the useless lazy pricks i mentioned but also having their workloads massively increased having to pick up their slack..

Take Kelly out of Geelong’s midfield and put Rory Sloane or Bcrouch in his place and sloaney or brad would be doing what Kelly does each week.. running around free to do as they please and racking up brownlow points!..

Kelly is able to do what he does because hes got a dozen other players around him supporting him and geelong havent got 3-4 lazy, useless pricks in their team that others have to pick up the slack for..

put Kelly in our team vs port on the weekend in place of Brad... Kelly wouldve struggled and the game’s result would’ve been exactly the same...

Our champions are being asked to carry to many s**t passengers week in week out.

We wont improve till we fu** them off permanently.

Elite Crow are you saying our mids are fine that they just don't get enough support, is Sloane travelling beautifully and the crouches no problems which is why our forward line of Betts Tex JJ Douglas Murphy Greenwood aren't getting the opportunities, or should I not put douglas in that lot so it suits your argument

And that it is the fringe players who make or break the team

Fair points. Some will say they're blooding these guys too soon, and they'll suffer burn-out / injuries, but in my view, they're just as likely to get those in the SANFL. Agree that our supporter base would likely self-implode, but it's also evident that we can't simply go back to same-old, same-old selections. Pyke seems to be very much risk-averse, Craig MkII - whereas, in my view I think we need someone who is prepared to take a risk, and isn't afraid to upset the apple-cart. As another poster suggested - let's try and get Bassett back to the club, clean-out the whole panel, especially the likes of Camporeale, who seem to make the same mistakes time and again.
Bassett, Luke Hodge and Jimmy Bartel would be a good combo I would like to see coaching at our club. All come from successful clubs and strong cultures. I even think Bartel would be a good replacement for birdbrain as football manager. Need major changes at coaching level end of the year.

Butters, Duursma, J.Clarke, Answerth, Richmond smalls are examples of youth from other clubs who have had some total dropable shockers, but their clubs persisted and you can see the improvement already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back