Who is accountable for our club's catastrophic misreading of our list?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Elite Crow are you saying our mids are fine that they just don't get enough support, is Sloane travelling beautifully and the crouches no problems which is why our forward line of Betts Tex JJ Douglas Murphy Greenwood aren't getting the opportunities, or should I not put douglas in that lot so it suits your argument

And that it is the fringe players who make or break the team
I've already posted about the midfield.

I am not sure why you are asking me a question about a point made by Bearded Clam.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
All posters are saying drop douglas including myself because his output costs us games

Jones as elite says and as he has shown is equivelant to douglas

It means it will cost us games as it did with douglas

I would play Jones but not stress about losing

Jones and Ned are in their first years as I have said previously not even a superstar like Danger or Fyfe did anything in their first year, is it that hard to understand their bodies need developing its as clear as glad wrap
Do you ever get the point?

Posters want Douglas dropped because he is not performing and he is finished. You think he might get back his 2010 form. He is not costing us games, where has this been said?

If we play Jones it will not cost us games.

If our team is reliant on the output of a first year player being the deciding factor in a win we are ****ed.

Douglas v Jones. One is finished, one highly rated junior just starting. No one is expecting his form to stay the same as what he has produced in his first 6 games, he will improve as he plays again.

* me drunk.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Posters want Douglas dropped because he is not performing and he is finished. You think he might get back his 2010 form. He is not costing us games, where has this been said?

If our team is reliant on the output of a first year player being the deciding factor in a win we are f’ed.

Douglas v Jones. One is finished, one highly rated junior just starting. No one is expecting his form to stay the same as what he has produced in his first 6 games, he will improve as he plays again.

fu** me drunk.

Fu me drubk if douglas isn't costing me games then leave him in he has a pretty big upside like JJ if he finds form

I say drop him he is costing us games if we want to make finals but then Jones will cost us games then

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fu me drubk if douglas isn't costing me games then leave him in he has a pretty big upside like JJ if he finds form

I say drop him he is costing us games if we want to make finals but then Jones will cost us games then
Which games has Douglas cost us?

You holding Douglas responsible for the only 2 losses he's played in?

And once again you've shown how deluded you are, Douglas as a 32 year old plus player at the end of his career has upside? You would prefer him to a first year top 10 pick playing?

You should never ever again whinge about being happy about being competitive. Everything you post suggests you are just dandy with what our competitive senior players have produced.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Even though I can't stand Chris Scott one thing you can never fault with him is that he has had the guts to make tough calls on the list down at Geelong.

Guys like Stevie J, Stokes, Kelly, Pods, Menzel have all had tough calls made on them, there is no fear when it comes to moving guys on and bringing new players in via trade/free agency.

Now whether he will win another flag or not is still open for debate, but at least he is trying to do something as opposed to just sticking to the safe and conservative option like what happens down at West Lakes.
The thing is though, Geelong have serious football people running their football department. Guys with experience of what it takes off field to get a club to the top.

In contrast, our football manager is a recently retired player from our own club with no post-playing experience except being a failed fitness manager at the bottom club.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But you sad the forwards were not getting delivery from the mids, you do realise douglas was a forward along with Betts
How many times do you want to post "Burton destroyed Betts"?

You conveniently didnt mention Jenkins once until I brought up your hyprocisy.

Douglas has had 4 games back and all very ordinary. His role is a half forward/mid role where he roams up and down, Lynch's role. How many times do you need this explained?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How many times do you want to post "Burton destroyed Betts"?

You conveniently didnt mention Jenkins once until I brought up your hyprocisy.

Douglas has had 4 games back and all very ordinary. His role is a half forward/mid role where he roams up and down, Lynch's role. How many times do you need this explained?

I know burtons pretty good beating one of the games best ever forward whos 14th on the goal kicking list so you tell me

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

If our team is reliant on the output of a first year player being the deciding factor in a win we are f’ed.

fu** me drunk.

I always like getting back to Phil Walsh saying he wants to get as many senior games into his young players. We have not being doing that.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I wonder if we’re underestimating the impact of losing David Noble?

He and Chris Fagan have done wonders up at Brisbane. Getting the right people into the right seats, building a great football programme
Noble wasn't as good when he was here. I think getting the arse might have made something click for him, certainly in terms of professionalism. Was far too close to certain players during his tenure here (see Dangerfield trade).

Taking Charlie Cameron with him has also done wonders for Brisbane

Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Is there also a concern here about our senior coach. Charlie Cameron supposedly went to Brissie for family reasons, yet was quite animated when they beat us recently about wanting to show certain people his capabilities. Given his brother Jarrod is at West Coast and doing fine, no mention of having to be with family, etc., i'm a little concerned that we may be seeing some cracks appear. I do like Pyke as a person, but given the number of departures, and CC, in particular, I'm starting to suspect something's not quite right at our club and that it is Pyke at the core.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Is there also a concern here about our senior coach. Charlie Cameron supposedly went to Brissie for family reasons, yet was quite animated when they beat us recently about wanting to show certain people his capabilities. Given his brother Jarrod is at West Coast and doing fine, no mention of having to be with family, etc., i'm a little concerned that we may be seeing some cracks appear. I do like Pyke as a person, but given the number of departures, and CC, in particular, I'm starting to suspect something's not quite right at our club and that it is Pyke at the core.
Cameron was leaving because Brisbane made him a huge offer. We told him his output wasn't worth what they were offering. Similar to Gov.

There is also noise he was in a substantial hole and needed the moolah Brisbane were offering. Noble would've had inside word as to his financials.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Cameron was leaving because Brisbane made him a huge offer. We told him his output wasn't worth what they were offering. Similar to Gov.

There is also noise he was in a substantial hole and needed the moolah Brisbane were offering. Noble would've had inside word as to his financials.
It looks like we ducked a bullet with Gov. He would be SANFL this year on form.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree I want to know if we have a list capable or Im listening to rubbish about the youngsters but they have no chance of taking us to a flag

We need answers
And yet you wanted Mackay back, make up your mind

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
And yet you wanted Mackay back, make up your mind

You know I said from day dot this year the team will be riding on players like Tex JJ Betts Sauce talia

ROB has done well but got smashed by Lycett on the weekend I dont think sauce would have done any better

The othrs the jury is out on

If they can get it together and Pyke thinks we can win the flag go for it

If not play youth Fog in particular

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You know I said from day dot this year the team will be riding on players like Tex JJ Betts Sauce talia

ROB has done well but got smashed by Lycett on the weekend I dont think sauce would have done any better

The othrs the jury is out on

If they can get it together and Pyke thinks we can win the flag go for it

If not play youth Fog in particular
And yet you wanted Mackay back

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Befire the power game the coaches had it all right good wins on the board a fair effort against cats over there, no reason to doubt them, Saturday burst that bubble didn't it
And yet you wanted Mackay back

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Noble wasn't as good when he was here. I think getting the arse might have made something click for him, certainly in terms of professionalism. Was far too close to certain players during his tenure here (see Dangerfield trade).

Taking Charlie Cameron with him has also done wonders for Brisbane
Or maybe he's in an environment more conducive to making good decisions.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
NOt at all he was the best of what was in the twos to promote I didn't want him back at all I would have rathered CEY or Lynch but they were injured
So you just admitted you wanted Mackay back over juniors. Make up your mind. You are either happy being competitive or you want to invest in the youth. You might say you want to play kids but reality is you prefer Mackay and Douglas. You would have had Jacobs back a month ago too after he kicked 5.

Back