Roast Who is Cam Joyce?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AQc0lUo.gif

Not everyone is comfortable doing media. I've seen some of the most confident people in the world go to water when on air. It's not easy. All that matters is what goes on behind scenes.

Just cause a list manager hasn't got media 'talent', it doesn't invalidate their work. Keep in mind, he's got to sell without saying anything that gives away too much. Which means he's probably being fed lines by the comms team, which is even more nerve wracking to remember in front of a mic or camera.

So not only are you not suited to be on-air, you're also nervous about saying the wrong thing.

I disagree - communication and the ability to sell yourself and the club should be an absolute must for any senior position at a football club. How do you expect players to "buy in" to what you're trying to do otherwise?

Your excuse stinks of mediocrity. I'd rather someone that is equally as proficient in front of the scenes as they are behind them. Without that, the club is doing itself and us as members, a disservice.

I'm not quite sure we can blame just about everything on to Joyce. Pretty sure there would be a number of people working together to frame the shape of our playing list. I get a bit sick of people suggesting that because we missed out on Martin and Kelly; and since then no-one else has joined (the theory being they don't want to join) us; our brand has been trashed.

Targeting Martin and Kelly was a decision approved by the board and the people assigned to getting those two players, went out aggressively to try and get them and from the size of the contracts offered they could not have done more. Did anyone here really think that we had better than a 20/80 chance of getting Dusty and maybe a 40/60 chance of getting Kelly? I certainly didn't.

Once those two decided to stay where they are, our strategy had to change and has changed to trying to build a list with a very similar age profile. I think that is smart.

The notion that none of the present players available/mooted to be available, has not shown an interest in coming to us, says that we are not a destination club, is an absurd notion. We don't even know if any of those players has been approached by our list management team. I suspect they haven't because players such as Rockliff, Watts, Trengrove do not fit the age profile, Stringer has issues that we should not go near, while players such as Smith and Saad do not fit our primary need for midfielders. That was the need identified by the targeting of Martin and Kelly and should remain the priority, this year but also next year.

Of the other players who might be worth targetting, Schache is the one that best fits the age profile. I think he would be worth looking at, but again he is not a midfielder.

Irrespective you can't be a destination for a player to go to if the club is not interested in being the destination.

Let's wait and see what eventuates by the time the National and Pre-season Drafts are over and done with.

The point of this thread was to not only blame Brad, but share the blame on Joyce as he gets off extremely easy around here.

The point of this thread was to not only blame Brad, but share the blame on Joyce as he gets off extremely easy around here.
Yeah, the most super duper important thing is to "blame" people for the serious injustices they have inflicted upon you.

They have denied your birthright to multiple flag success. How dare they?

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've had enough of this bloke running our football department - with all the criticism that Brad Scott gets, this bloke is deserving of the same.

He has no football pedigree (started in the marketing department) and has been a main feature and contributor throughout our mediocrity. When compared to the likes of a Neil Balme at Richmond, I do not understand how this guy is running the show.

It's been said once, but it's still relevant as ever - this bloke couldn't sell water to an Ethiopian village in a drought, how is he going to sell the north Melbourne football club?

Get. Rid. Of.

Replace. With. Now....

Michael McMahon looks like he is now in the thick of it and has been on the record justifying why we have cut players like Gibbo, I just wonder is he doing Joyce's job or Brad's job? Either way hes "doing something" which is more than you can say for the other two management list cloggers :p

PS: the pink tongue face thing is now my middle rude finger '* you' icon

PPS: Is anyone else suffering from a bout of sympathy for Harvey Weinstein?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An answer to the topic "Who is Cam Joyce?"

Cameron Joyce

But he is very well respected in the industry...heard it a number of times.

I’ve often wondered, like a lot of us here, whether if Cam Joyce grew a moustache, could he be our John Burgess and skipper our club to victory like Burgeo did Australia II to win the America’s Cup? I reckon it was the same day that Bob Hawke wearing that Aussie jacket said “aaahhhh, go and get a job.” I’ll never forget it because I was listening to Gum Leafs “I was only 19” for the first time as I was watching the final race via satellite from New York, Rhode Island.

Brad Scott could be our Alan Scott (the brains behind the mission) and Michael McMahon could be our Ben Lexus (the architect of our rise to glory).
The stars are aligning my friends. Get out your Huddle telescopes and admire the constellations.

And how good would it be if you guys won the flag next year and Brad Scott did a Graeme Bond and waved his arms to Swallow and Ziebell to raise the cup? Now that’s what I’m talkin’ aboooouuuuttttt!!!!!

I’ve often wondered, like a lot of us here, whether if Cam Joyce grew a moustache, could he be our John Burgess and skipper our club to victory like Burgeo did Australia II to win the America’s Cup? I reckon it was the same day that Bob Hawke wearing that Aussie jacket said “aaahhhh, go and get a job.” I’ll never forget it because I was listening to Gum Leafs “I was only 19” for the first time as I was watching the final race via satellite from New York, Rhode Island.

Brad Scott could be our Alan Scott (the brains behind the mission) and Michael McMahon could be our Ben Lexus (the architect of our rise to glory).
The stars are aligning my friends. Get out your Huddle telescopes and admire the constellations.

And how good would it be if you guys won the flag next year and Brad Scott did a Graeme Bond and waved his arms to Swallow and Ziebell to raise the cup? Now that’s what I’m talkin’ aboooouuuuttttt!!!!!

Surprised you failed to mention "Ben Lexus'" secret weapon, the winged sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back