Who is coming up here

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Airport turmoil yet again. Bumped off my 1pm qantas. Got called this morning after I’d checked in yesterday. Switched me to a 12noon virgin. Ok can live with that get there an hour earlier.
Sitting in departure lounge now. Campaigner delayed to 1.30pm.
FFS.
Already stressed. I don’t need this!

Just arrived.
If the amount of yellow and black I’ve seen in the Brisbane cbd is any indication, there’ll be 20k Tiger supporters at the game

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Airport turmoil yet again. Bumped off my 1pm qantas. Got called this morning after I’d checked in yesterday. Switched me to a 12noon virgin. Ok can live with that get there an hour earlier.
Sitting in departure lounge now. Campaigner delayed to 1.30pm.
FFS.
Already stressed. I don’t need this!

Now 2pm
How long does it take to get into city from airport?
Half hour from memory?

hyperfuzz

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heart
Yep my tiger flights were awesome.. like you made up time both ways.. and $15 upgrade for the front row extra legroom 👍

pilot of the 1.34pm Jetstar was roasting the passengers... along the lines of "as you can see, we've just beaten the Tiger aircraft we passed on the way over to the tarmac, and that won't be the only tiger that is getting beaten today...". well played.

whisper_metal

Rookie
Oct 10, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens
My flights up were cancelled and delayed. Flew QANTAS, Melbourne to Sydney. Initial 6:30am flight cancelled, put onto 7:30am flight which left at 8:30am. Gerard Whately was on our flight. Flight from Sydney to Gold Coast was also delayed a couple of hours but arrived at 2pm and got to Brisbane at 5:30pm via train. Fantastic day and came back Monday afternoon (more delayed QANTAS flights from Gold Coast to Sydney!).

There were lots of Tiger fans on the Gold Coast too!

Back