oaks

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
i no i am thinking of getting him for barry hall. if i dont get him i will hold onto hall for one more week the get a cheaper gun who is underperforming.Eg Brad johnson.

what do u guys think i should do?

Im tempted but unsure....

The hall trade down this week followed by a cash cow -> premium with spare cash later is on the cards.....

2 trades for an elite and having a solid cow who has got some games under belt is better than what i might organise later down track

I'm a bit curious as to why McKinley is suddenly considered a must have. Is it just because of his bargain price and the opporutnity to save some cash in the absence of other enticing forward options?

I realise he's kicked some goals in the games he's played but he's played 3 career games and WCE don't exactly have a gun midfield delivering him the ball at the moment. Why is everyone so sure he'll keep it up?Is there something I'm missing?

I liked the look of him. He's cheap. He'll go up in value. He'll either perform well and go up even more. Perform average and be my bench player. Or perform awful and get dropped and get traded for money.

Yeah I picked up up for Hall. He'll be on my bench - It was either him or reimers, as I needed the cash to upgrade my Backs/Mids. Reimers will go better now though!

I'm a bit curious as to why McKinley is suddenly considered a must have. Is it just because of his bargain price and the opporutnity to save some cash in the absence of other enticing forward options?

I realise he's kicked some goals in the games he's played but he's played 3 career games and WCE don't exactly have a gun midfield delivering him the ball at the moment. Why is everyone so sure he'll keep it up?Is there something I'm missing?

Him and Riemers are the only available forward cash cows and everyone's realised that all the performing back cash cows (Selwood, Thompson, Taylor) have been dropped and those that weren't any good (Proud, Hartlett, Pfieffer) were also dropped. So the money made from downgrading to McKinley/Riemers can be used to bring in a consistent performer.

Mckinley has kicked 7 goals in 2 matches. i saw him last weekend and he looked good. he isnt like other rookies, he already looks very settled, and doesnt make nervous disisions. he will be the next BIG man

Yeah im getting McKinley. Biased, yes, but im getting him moreso because, come next week when i want to get Roo and need to upgrade a cash-cow and player to get him, I am going to need a replacement forward to make up the numbers, and unless there is a bolter this weekend, Ill have to pick a muppet or a guy whos too expensive.

Part of the battle of upgrades/cash cowing is having a good replacement for your upgrade. BMac allows me to get Roo, plus make some cash from it also.

I would trade Hall down to McKinley if I needed cash cows or I was already planning on downgrading a forward rookie.

I wouldn't trade Gamble or Tippet for McKinley, both of them will continue to get games and continue to go up in value.

A word of warning, do not trade McKinley expecting him to continue scoring 90+ every game. He has had two really good games. I expect him to hold his spot in the interim however with Chad Jones and Kennedy knocking on the door and getting a chance this week and guys like Hansen to possibly come back next week do not be too dissapointed if he gets dropped or if his scores drop to 40-50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i couldn't decide who to trade hall for
so i didn't trade him this week :p
traded hartlett for mckinley which will give me enough for riewoldt next week if he gets less than 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back