Roast Who is getting paid to come up with these ideas?

I just don't know where to even begin with this..

In what world does anyone think this is a good idea?

Any amount of sunlight and you can't see s**t on those screens as the video showed.

Not to mention the size of the screen. Players will have to be within arms reach to be able to see it. by which point someone on the bench could simply say "yep come off the ground"

what an absolute ******* joke.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I'm a glass half full kind of a guy, so I'm going to give the AFL the benefit of the doubt and say they've come up with a bunch of rule changes that will appease the 'state of the game' whingers that have NFI, without actually changing anything.
Try as they might, runners can't do much in terms of changing tactics on gameday - see Konrad Marshall's book.
That said, what the aim of these boards is - well, its beyond me. As you say Michaels you won't be able to see them in sunlight, and players will have to wait for a pause in play to look at them anyway (and if they're on the other end of the ground, I doubt they'll be able to read it regardless of light conditions.

How the hell are players going to see that on a sunny day? Couldn't see anything in the video lol.

I hope other clubs go way overboard, meanwhile we'll just trust our players to make the right decisions for themselves, with the help of the leadership group.

Edit: Didn't see that the sun thing was already mentioned in the OP so thought I should actually contribute something.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
1551237992125.png

This league should be so thankful that rugby union is almost dead, David Gallop is in charge of soccer, and the NRL is a complete basketcase.

Nebular

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
How the hell are players going to see that on a sunny day? Couldn't see anything in the video lol.

I hope other clubs go way overboard, meanwhile we'll just trust our players to make the right decisions for themselves, with the help of the leadership group.

Edit: Didn't see that the sun thing was already mentioned in the OP so thought I should actually contribute something.
Thought i read a quote from one of our coaches that the boys pretty much do their own rotations without too much direction.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
I just don't know where to even begin with this..

In what world does anyone think this is a good idea?

Any amount of sunlight and you can't see s**t on those screens as the video showed.

Not to mention the size of the screen. Players will have to be within arms reach to be able to see it. by which point someone on the bench could simply say "yep come off the ground"

what an absolute ******* joke.

boys gonna login to bigfooty during matches

best

Idiocy, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ahhh the Carlton effect.

Also Michaels couldn't the AFL put the player numbers up on the big screen so they can see it?

Ahhh the Carlton effect.

Also Michaels couldn't the AFL put the player numbers up on the big screen so they can see it?

If they are that desperate to implement something, then yes that would work 100 times better.

at least people can see it.

these pissy little iPad screens are a complete joke.

Looks like they are trying to be clever by colour coding stuff as well, and they are using black and navy blue as 2 of the colours, cause they are really easy to tell apart from a distance (let alone up close)..

Back