Roast Who is getting paid to come up with these ideas?

What problem is this exactly trying to solve?
Runners being on the field for too long i think.

nick maxwell ruining s**t again

yeah its to do with the runners being on the ground too long.

But as Makeshft said, it is basically because Nick Maxwell thought he was bigger than the game and stayed out on the ground for far too long on too many occasions.

they would be better off just punishing individual clubs who abuse the role instead of taking the piss with these things.

It's Australian, must be sheet compared to the rest of the world! Change it!

Correct. Let’s also play in soccer shirts, have organ music like baseball/basketball and put names on the back of tops.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners

But as Makeshft said, it is basically because Nick Maxwell thought he was bigger than the game and stayed out on the ground for far too long on too many occasions.

they would be better off just punishing individual clubs who abuse the role instead of taking the piss with these things.

C'mon. What you're advocating is using existing and sufficient rules and applying them sensibly. Please. This is the AFL. Where's your sense of bureaucracy, your sense of unnecessary complexity and confusion ? Where's your acknowledgement of the fact that people have to create reasons for their existence ?

Unfortuantely this sh*t pervades across all walks of life nowadays. Business, simple life tasks..etc. Rant over.

Bucks 1.jpg

Pies taking the Initiative!
:tearsofjoy:

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
I just don't know where to even begin with this..

In what world does anyone think this is a good idea?

Any amount of sunlight and you can't see s**t on those screens as the video showed.

Not to mention the size of the screen. Players will have to be within arms reach to be able to see it. by which point someone on the bench could simply say "yep come off the ground"

what an absolute ******* joke.

why they not just use the clear LED boards that soccer use

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
I just don't know where to even begin with this..

In what world does anyone think this is a good idea?

Any amount of sunlight and you can't see s**t on those screens as the video showed.

Not to mention the size of the screen. Players will have to be within arms reach to be able to see it. by which point someone on the bench could simply say "yep come off the ground"

what an absolute ******* joke.

Given it's a gimmick I'd be looking at Whateley...

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

Or do nothing. Who cares, the longer Maxwell is on the ground the more chance there is of him interfering with play and costing his side a free kick. If runners think they know more than coaches/players or that players from certain clubs are so incompetent that they need constant direction from a runner they are stuffed anyway. The teams doing it already punished.

If you're getting rid of runners (and lets face it, that's been an eyesore for yonks), you need a way of signalling players to get off.

Not saying this is the best way, but clearly they've put a lot of effort into it.

My biggest problem with it is that I think the game should be the same at all levels. Anything that makes AFL different from the manangatang 3rds should be avoided where ever possible.

This is like 'we've had a fairly decent idea. We can use screens to tell players to come off. So we can get runners off the field"

Now "How can we do this in the most expensive and useless way possible. Especially if it causes confusion and makes the AFL look like idiots."

Seriously you canwork out what is wrong with this in about 2 minutes thought. And actually having a look at it live tells you it won't work.

Oh well. Glad I support the Tigers. Cause the AFL is screwed up.

Back