Prediction Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal?

Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal

• Patrick Cripps

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Tim kelly

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Nat Fyfe

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Max Gawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brodie Grundy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Travis Boak

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Marcus Bontempelli

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Dayne Zorko

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For me its been hard to find someone outstanding. Cripps was an early favorite then fell away after being tagged. Has Lachie Neale proven himself?
I could watch your avatar all day,Maurice the legend doing stuff in ‘82 what players do today,absolute superstar.

Kelly or Neale imo.
I would love Dusty to win it just for the laughs. I wouldnt imagine he would be fussed at all if he won it while he cant actually win it.

Will Coniglio be the lure in a greyhound race ? Who takes votes off Neale and Bontempelli ? interesting
year coming up, accumulation versus impact Dusty and Danger got a lot more votes than Mitchell.

Neale had a couple slightly less then stellar games when he was "terrorised" -Lyons took over and dominated those two weeks

Neale has a lot of votes competition in that midfield, something that some Victorians might overlook. Could be heading for an Aker/Black/Voss type Brownlow situation there. Kelly has been more of a cut above his fellow midfield than Neale, and Cripps obviously will be right in there.

Neale has a lot of votes competition in that midfield, something that some Victorians might overlook. Could be heading for an Aker/Black/Voss type Brownlow situation there. Kelly has been more of a cut above his fellow midfield than Neale, and Cripps obviously will be right in there.
Which Kelly? J.Kell or T.Kell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he? I would have thought Neale was far better and more consistent then other Brisbane players. Certain players might have had a better once off game, but can guarantee a lot of 1 or 2 votes in Brisbane wins. Maybe I am wrong though.

I agree with you about Kelly, which is why I think he will win it. The first half of the season he was bog in a lot of games. If he can have a couple of strong games in the run home I think he would cinch it.

My pre-season tip was Cripps, my only worry with Cripps is that he's had a bit too many off games and Carlton's rubbish form in the first half of the year.

I'm thinking Neale now though. He'd get attention given his high-profile move and he's standing out in that midfield even against the rest of the field.

Kelly's problem will be Dangerfield types polling well. Bont has a shot but probably hasn't quite stood out enough. Cogs would have had a chance but for the injury (though he suffers from the competition problem too). (EDIT: Forgot about Boak somehow, he'd have to be up there too)

I think those 4-5 look like standouts.

In any case, this is the most interesting race for the Brownlow since the Priddis year. 15 was all about whether Fyfe could hold onto his lead, 16 was a Dangerfield walk, 17 was a Martin walk once Danger got suspended and Mitchell was a clear cut favourite in 18.

My pre-season tip was Cripps, my only worry with Cripps is that he's had a bit too many off games and Carlton's rubbish form in the first half of the year.

I'm thinking Neale now though. He'd get attention given his high-profile move and he's standing out in that midfield even against the rest of the field.

Kelly's problem will be Dangerfield types polling well. Bont has a shot but probably hasn't quite stood out enough. Cogs would have had a chance but for the injury (though he suffers from the competition problem too). (EDIT: Forgot about Boak somehow, he'd have to be up there too)

I think those 4-5 look like standouts.

In any case, this is the most interesting race for the Brownlow since the Priddis year. 15 was all about whether Fyfe could hold onto his lead, 16 was a Dangerfield walk, 17 was a Martin walk once Danger got suspended and Mitchell was a clear cut favourite in 18.

I agree it is very open; a number of players could win it which is great.

However, I disagree a little about vote stealing. I think it’s a little overrated how much that matters. A lot of players have won Brownlows in very strong teams where others players polled well. As long as a player is the dominant one then it’s fine, and there is no doubt really that Kelly has been Geelongs best midfielder. It’s not a coincidence that most of the games the Cats have lost are ones where he has been quiet.

You are completely right about it being anyone’s game though.

However, I disagree a little about vote stealing. I think it’s a little overrated how much that matters. A lot of players have won Brownlows in very strong teams where others players polled well. As long as a player is the dominant one then it’s fine, and there is no doubt really that Kelly has been Geelongs best midfielder. It’s not a coincidence that most of the games the Cats have lost are ones where he has been quiet.
Yeah true. Guess I just think the gap between Kelly and the rest has been smaller than implied.

Yeah true. Guess I just think the gap between Kelly and the rest has been smaller than implied.

Especially this 2nd half of the season kelly has seemed to drop off a little bit
Opposition coach’s definitely putting more work into him

Mr Football 2019:

Disposals: Adam Treloar (611)
Marks: Brad Sheppard (145)
Kicks: Jake Lloyd (361)
Handballs: Adam Treloar (354)
Goals: Jeremy Cameron (57)
Behinds: Jeremy Cameron (40)
Tackles: Elliot Yeo (132)
Frees For: Michael Walters (44)
Frees Against: Shane Mumford (51)
Hit Outs: Jarrod Witts (815)
Inside 50's: Dayne Zorko (111)
Goal Assists: Harrison Himmelberg (24)

Contested Possessions: Clayton Oliver (294)
Uncontested Possessions: Jake Lloyd (372)
Effective Disposals: Jake Lloyd (460)
Disposal Efficiency: Nathan Brown (91%)
Clangers: Jaeger O'Meara (90)
Contested Marks: Tom Lynch (41)
Marks Inside 50: Jeremy Cameron (57)
Clearances: Lachie Neale (145)
Centre Clearances: Lachie Neale (59)
Stoppage Clearances: Lachie Neale (86)
Rebound 50's: Tom Stewart (146)
One Percenters: Harris Andrews (167)
Bounces: Conor McKenna (67)
Metres Gained: Jake Lloyd (9,699)
Score Involvements: Jeremy Cameron (140)
Turnovers: Travis Boak (110)
Intercepts: Luke Ryan (154)
Tackles Inside 50: Dayne Zorko (42)

Before the mandatory laughter let me say Tom Mitchell won five of these categories when he won his
Brownlow Medal, now to keep it real i am not going to tell you which five categories they were. No
clues given, but one man is top five or number one in ALL of those categories and he plays for a team
very high up on the ladder and headed for finals.
So you're saying put $50 on Harris Andrews? Gotcha

Are people thinking Bont will be top 5?
Yep I'd say the top 5 will be: Danger, Kelly, Neale, Cripps, Bont (no particular order)

Neale has to win it you would think.

Wins make a huge difference to the vote so I'd say Cripps will have left his Teague run too late.

Danger is the smokie for mine, I think he'll poll in only 9 games, but could have 8 BOGs by my estimates

Could be a year where 25 votes wins it by a bee's dick

Back