Prediction Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal?

Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal

• Patrick Cripps

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Tim kelly

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Nat Fyfe

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Max Gawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brodie Grundy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Travis Boak

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Marcus Bontempelli

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Dayne Zorko

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo came abit late to the party.
AFL Player Ratings rates him as the no.2 midfielder since round 6, at which stage we were 3-3 (10-2 since). Doubt he’ll win it but good shout for top 5 depending on his last month.

I currently have Tim Kelly leading on 21. However it is extremely open. My predictions so far have the top 10 as

1. Tim Kelly 21
2. Lachie Neale 20
3. Nat Fyfe 20
4. Brodie Grundy 19
5. Patrick Cripps 18
6. Patrick Dangerfield 18
7. Zach Merrett 17
8. Travis Boak 17
9. Adam Treloar 16
10. Marcus Bontempelli 15

I think it will be any of the guys in the top 6 here who wins it.

Kelly, Grundy, Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Bontempelli. Going to come down to these guys in my opinion. All have had a few standout games, all have had quiet patches. Leaning towards Neale and Grundy at the moment. Both have scored well in the past, both are consistent, both teams are winning, and neither have to worry about a heap other big named players stealing the attention like Kelly at Geelong and Bont at the Dogs. Cripps having some quiet matches and missing a couple of weeks will cost him in the end, if Cripps played a full season and the Blues win a few extra games, he would win the Brownlow in a canter, probably a matter of when not if.

Last edited:
I currently have Tim Kelly leading on 21. However it is extremely open. My predictions so far have the top 10 as

1. Tim Kelly 21
2. Lachie Neale 20
3. Nat Fyfe 20
4. Brodie Grundy 19
5. Patrick Cripps 18
7. Zach Merrett 17
8. Travis Boak 17
9. Adam Treloar 16

Just a question, do you watch all 9 games a round? Or is it based off match reports etc? And if you watch all 9 games, doesn't that bore the s**t out of you?

Not having a crack but generally intrigued about people who seem to have so much knowledge on each game played

1. Tim Kelly 21
2. Lachie Neale 20
3. Nat Fyfe 20
4. Brodie Grundy 19
5. Patrick Cripps 18
7. Zach Merrett 17
8. Travis Boak 17
9. Adam Treloar 16

Merrett ahead of Bont ? You’re kidding aren’t you ?

1. Tim Kelly 21
2. Lachie Neale 20
3. Nat Fyfe 20
4. Brodie Grundy 19
5. Patrick Cripps 18
7. Zach Merrett 17
8. Travis Boak 17
9. Adam Treloar 16

Who you got leading for WC and how many votes?

Just a question, do you watch all 9 games a round? Or is it based off match reports etc? And if you watch all 9 games, doesn't that bore the s**t out of you?

Not having a crack but generally intrigued about people who seem to have so much knowledge on each game played

No I don’t. It’s just a prediction and I use the consensus of the Brownlow tracker website as a guide. I could be totally wrong but my top 10 are the top 10 in the betting market only with a few changes in order

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s quite hard for a player to get votes in a 20-30 point loss. Who knows what umpires will value. Feel like Cripps won’t get votes in the game he dominated yet loss by a bit.
5 of Carlton’s wins he ll get the cherries. Just needs the remaining 6-10 votes. A winning team makes it very easy to Neale tbh.

Very surprised no one has mentioned Fyfe. I used to be an avid Brownlow punter (still enjoy a punt, but don't watch as much footy due to work commitments, so don't go as hard) and Fyfe meets all of the key critea. Not sure he will win, but this year is the year to take the field and his value at $9. Still would have Neale as favourite though, then Fyfe who if I was framing the market would be at $3.50.

Last edited:
Very surprised no one has mentioned Fyfe. I used to be an avid Brownlow punter (still enjoy a punt, but don't watch as much footy due to work commitments, so don't go as hard) and Fyfe meets all of the key critea. Not sure he will win, but this year is the year to take the field and his value at $9. Still would have Neale as favourite though.
Very true. Dominated one Brownlow medalist yesterday.
He’s been the best in 8 of our 9 wins. 24 votes is possible, umpires like his game and his elbow guard stands out. Walters have had his rare incredible period though. Whether he gets 3 to steal some votes off Fyfe will be interesting. Particularly in his two goals to win the game in the dying seconds against Brisbane and Collingwood.

Back