Prediction Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal?

Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal

• Patrick Cripps

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Tim kelly

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Nat Fyfe

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Max Gawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brodie Grundy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Travis Boak

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Marcus Bontempelli

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Dayne Zorko

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe, Grundy and Bontempelli likely in the votes this week. Cripps, Neale and Kelly likely to miss out on votes this week. Reckon it will end up being closer than most predicted. Kelly and Cripps have been quiet/injured past few weeks after their hot starts after a few predicted they were running away with it.

Very surprised no one has mentioned Fyfe. I used to be an avid Brownlow punter (still enjoy a punt, but don't watch as much footy due to work commitments, so don't go as hard) and Fyfe meets all of the key critea. Not sure he will win, but this year is the year to take the field and his value at $9. Still would have Neale as favourite though, then Fyfe who if I was framing the market would be at $3.50.

Should of taken my own advice last week, Fyfe has now been crushed into $5, from $9. Reckon he would be ahead of Neale now, 2 or 3 votes last week and on track for another 2-3 votes today. Meets all of the key criteria and polls almost as well as Judd. My Pick as of Round 21. I still believe it's wide open though and any of who I said the other week can still win IMO.

Comments about Neale dropping off have some currency. It seem to me though, that the attention paid to him has let loose some of our other mids like McCluggage, Zorko and Lyons. Also, I think Neales's contribution in goal assists has skyrocketed in the past month. He may not be getting the footy as much, but his contribution is still vital and so constructive.

A lot of what he does goes unnoticed, because his hands are so slick. This could count against him for the Charlie, in much the same way as it did for Simon Black in the early part of his career.

He'd certainly be a worthy winner, but the above might militate against him in the end.

If he doesn't win it, my tip would be Geelong's Kelly. He's an exquisitely skilled monster, who is impossible to ignore.

Can’t see Neale even finishing top 3 he just hasn’t been as prominent as early whereas Zorko and Lyons would be doing all the polling.
I think the obvious those like Fyfe, Danger and Bont go very close.
Cripps I feel played really well when they were getting beaten but in Carlton’s better games where ironically he shares the load not so much and can’t see him polling enough.

Currently Fyfe first , Bont second

I think we still have a handful of players that can win it with 2 rounds remaining.

Fyfe
Grundy
Neale

Won’t go near winning it but Josh P Kennedy is proven vote getter and has still had a strong season, currently $501 to win it. When they open the markets for top 10/20 finish I reckon he might be a bit of value for the spec punters

Fyfe
Grundy
Neale

Won’t go near winning it but Josh P Kennedy is proven vote getter and has still had a strong season, currently $501 to win it. When they open the markets for top 10/20 finish I reckon he might be a bit of value for the spec punters

Grundy won’t get close imo

Probably a fair assumption based on prior Brownlow history but I’m more so hoping for something different

His season has been over-rated. Only 1 BOG game. Treloar will finish higher, possibly top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Corey Ellis will take it home.

My predictions on how it will end

Fyfe - 1st or 2nd I can't really think of anyone who took votes of him in any of the Freo wins and he should poll 3 votes in at least 4 of their losses. best mid in the game
Neale - great season should finish top 2 if not the winner might be undone by Zorko stealing votes
Kelly - votes will match Geelongs form, brutal in the first half of the season, patchy in the second half
Grundy - has had a brilliant season and if there is a chance for a non mid to win then....
Bont - clearly the dogs best but have they won enough games ??
Cripps - Will poll well but Carlton just hasn't won enough for him to get the charlie
Yeo - From round 7 onwards has been an absolute beast that should poll in most of WC wins
Dusty - too even a spread of Tigers for him to poll higher his 2017 season is still the best single season I have ever seen from a mid

Back