Player Watch Who is lighting it up for your team this pre-season ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'll start...

The Bont looks back to his full absolute best. He looks strong & powerful and will dominate games in 2023 barring injury. I can see him having a 40 possession 4+ goal game this year.

Toby McLean has had his career halted by back to back ACL injuries but by all reports has been training the house down. With a massive size Dunkley hole in midfield expect him to play an important role in a rejigged bulldogs midfield in 2023.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
AB and Sebba just continuing on from where they left off in 2022.
Rick and Dogga going to make a lot of players look silly in 2023
Fyfe and JOM strutting around injury free
MJ, watch this space!
Brayshaw, Serong, Frederick, Jackson, O'Meara and Matt Johnson for oppo supporters who don't know the nicknames of every Freo player

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty much every training session you hear people raving about what they’re seeing from young Marcus Windhager.

In what is essentially his first full preseason (has a pretty significant back injury when drafted), he’s come 2nd and 3rd in two of the 3km time trials, and to quote a couple of the training reports, he’s looking “shredded” and “one absolute specimen of a human”.

Another quote from Friday’s session was “Windy will be our best midfielder in a year or two as others have said. Just explodes, and has that basketball evasion in and out of traffic”.

We’ve had pretty low numbers out on the track, but a few others we’ve heard a lot of good things about are Marshall, Hill and Higgins.

Most of the list are said to have trimmed down. We’re going to be much more of a running team this year.

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lloyd Meek- will be our #1 ruck this season. Top 3 in time trials. Can see why up to 10 clubs were after him in trade week. He’s going to be a very good afl ruckman.

James Worpel- after a horror couple of seasons through injury and form, hopefully he gets back to his best and fairest form from 2019. He’s our most experienced midfielder with 79 games. With Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O’Meara now gone his time has come. Another poor season and his career at the hawks will be over.

Josh weddle- can see why the hawks traded up to get him with pick 18. 195cm and 92kgs at only 18. Won our main time trials. Looks the most likely of our draftees to play round 1. Will play a range of positions including wing and eventually become a midfielder.

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty much every training session you hear people raving about what they’re seeing from young Marcus Windhager.

In what is essentially his first full preseason (has a pretty significant back injury when drafted), he’s come 2nd and 3rd in two of the 3km time trials, and to quote a couple of the training reports, he’s looking “shredded” and “one absolute specimen of a human”.

Another quote from Friday’s session was “Windy will be our best midfielder in a year or two as others have said. Just explodes, and has that basketball evasion in and out of traffic”.

We’ve had pretty low numbers out on the track, but a few others we’ve heard a lot of good things about are Marshall, Hill and Higgins.

Most of the list are said to have trimmed down. We’re going to be much more of a running team this year.
He is so smooth loved what he did in his first season.

What is his long term best position ?

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Have heard Cerra has really put on some size and ready to take the extra mid minutes Walsh missing will result in.

Was unbelievable in a few games last year but looked to struggle with injuries and a few weeks after his stint with Covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Windhager is so smooth loved what he did in his first season.

What is his long term best position ?
Fully expect him to be a prime-mover in the midfield.

I imagine those games when he tagged the likes of Kelly (who he kept to 4 disposals, while having 23 himself!) and Neale (who he kept to a season-low 16) were probably the first time he’d tagged in his life, whereas in the VFL to start the year he was having BOG games from game 1 in the midfield. Racking up the disposals, contested ball, clearances and kicking goals.

So I imagine he’ll be like Steele, and learn from the best for a year or two tagging, then be unleashed to just play his own game.

He represented Australia in basketball at U15 level and then did an ACL which I think caused him to miss the 2020 footy season, then 2021 was Covid-affected and he ended up with a pretty bad back injury, so to show as much as he did last year after all that was pretty damn impressive.

He could be anything.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Heard the Dons did a good deal with beacon to install some extra bright LED down lights at the hangar so the whole place was lighting up.

Seriously though without some predictions on breakouts or role changes etc this thread is going to just end up as one giant circle jerk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back