Opinion Who is looking forward to Season 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Kirk is the secret sauce.

The new structure up forward will be interesting. Has a few handy tools at his disposal.
I think the club want Kirk to have an association with Heenz & Mills from day dot and given both will likely be playing more fwd than midfield this year it makes sense to me. In a few years time when both are moved to full time midfielders then Kirky slots seamlessly back into the midfield coaching ranks.

On a side note, it would have been nice to have kept ROK in as I reckon he'd be a gun coach for the boys on the track and in terms of preparing themselves for gameday while Kirky is the master guru of getting the absolute most out of yourself on game day. They would have worked perfectly together IMO.

Boys look like they've been slogging it out this pre-season and taken their preparation up another gear. Although it's a cliche in sport, if we can keep fit I think we can make another big play at this years holy grail.

Forwards Coach??????

Have they forgotten what a crap-awful kick he was? (Don't get me wrong, still one of my all-time favourite Swans.)

Actually he was a very good kick at goal. His field kicking was awkward but goal kicking he did well. He has a 75% conversion rate apparently.

Actually he was a very good kick at goal. His field kicking was awkward but goal kicking he did well. He has a 75% conversion rate apparently.
Guess I'm remembering more the classic Kirky-just-chuck-it-on-the-boot-whatever-which-way clearing kicks, which, being executed under great pressure, were never going to win any awards for aesthetic rigour, but did the job they had to do, so I look like a grouch pointing it out.

(Although, for beautifully-directed and weighted kicks DESPITE extreme pressure, Cap'n McPoint is a current standout. It can be done.)

But still, FORWARDS coach??

GotTheGoodes above provides a pretty good example of how it might work out, and hopefully it turns out it's an out-of-left-field counter-intuitive stroke of genius. And another bloody good reason to be positive about 2016.

Looking forward to the youngsters stepping up and providing some lift from the bottom end of the list. We've had some kids bubbling away for a while, this could be the year where we see a few stamp their place in the team.

I can't wait to see what heeney can achieve this year and also hoping mills can have a similar impact. Rose up forward around the feet of tippo.

While we have lost some experience over the last few years. We have top end talent in tip n bud. Hanners and parker are going to tear the midfield apart, while Mitchell will finally take his game to new standards, Kennedy will be rejuvenated with a bit more grunt around him. Macca will lead from the front.

I feel as though our team will be more balanced than last year. We were somewhat makeshift in 2015 across the field imo.

Can't wait. Hope we jump out of the blocks and stay in front.

2016 could be the year.

Ps hope parker signs soon. I'll become more anxious as the year prgresses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wanna see Buddy come back, Kizza & Macca leading from the front, Reg & Teddy rock solid, Tippo throwing his weight around in the ruck, Sinclair clunking em in the goalsquare, JPK & Hanners tie the Brownlow, Parks and Smitty AA, Mills Rising Star, Heeney sharking everything, Reidy taking hangers, Mitchell & McGlynn whacking in, Rampe Jones Laidler running off HB, Towers Cunningham BJack & JRose in full flight, AJs comeback, 25 wins 0 losses and a 6th flag (against Hawthorn by 248 points - Norm Smith: Gary Rohan).

Would be nice.

I just wanna see Buddy come back, Kizza & Macca leading from the front, Reg & Teddy rock solid, Tippo throwing his weight around in the ruck, Sinclair clunking em in the goalsquare, JPK & Hanners tie the Brownlow, Parks and Smitty AA, Mills Rising Star, Heeney sharking everything, Reidy taking hangers, Mitchell & McGlynn whacking in, Rampe Jones Laidler running off HB, Towers Cunningham BJack & JRose in full flight, AJs comeback, 25 wins 0 losses and a 6th flag (against Hawthorn by 248 points - Norm Smith: Gary Rohan).

Would be nice.

You don't want Buddy to win the Coleman and Parks win the Norm Smith? :cry:

It's encouraging to hear that they're having strong pre-seasons (who isn't?) but in a perfect world all 3 should be depth players and only in the 22 if other guys are injured.

Discounting Alex Johnson, who won't play this year, there are only 25 players on our list who have played more than 10 games, and one of those is Tom Derickx. Jack and Towers are already in the 22 from an experience point of view. Unless we have the absolute dream run where no player misses a single game then B. Jack, Towers and Robinson Should all play a significant role this year.

I'm interested to know of the less than 10 gamers who is likely to step up this year? Robinson fits that category, as does Rose. Mills we can assume is a given. There's still going to be as many as 5 others who will play seniors - who is first in line?

Brett Kirk is the secret sauce.

The new structure up forward will be interesting. Has a few handy tools at his disposal.
Yes - but I believe the secret ingredient is culture and Kirk may well hold the key.

We are currently looking good for 5-8. What changes that is when the whole becomes greater than the sum of the parts.

Always excited about a new season, this one's no exception.

One of the players whom I think will be very important for us will be Jones. I really think he is the heir to Mal and Shaw, and in many senses could combine the skills of both to be a very potent weapon coming out of defense. I think he's a beautiful kick of the ball, and once he improves his decision making in that area he will cover the loss of Mal. And he has the run and dash of Shaw, and is likewise unafraid to take off through the centre of the ground.

Jetta was that kind of player at times off halfback, but he was too lazy to have an impact defensively. No such problem for Zac, thankfully.

Always excited about a new season, this one's no exception.

One of the players whom I think will be very important for us will be Jones. I really think he is the heir to Mal and Shaw, and in many senses could combine the skills of both to be a very potent weapon coming out of defense. I think he's a beautiful kick of the ball, and once he improves his decision making in that area he will cover the loss of Mal. And he has the run and dash of Shaw, and is likewise unafraid to take off through the centre of the ground.

Jetta was that kind of player at times off halfback, but he was too lazy to have an impact defensively. No such problem for Zac, thankfully.
Not sure Zac can do it on his own but perhaps Zac and Mills can.

I sure hope so.
My hopes rest on Rampe becoming an elite midfielder.

Not sure Zac can do it on his own but perhaps Zac and Mills can.

I sure hope so.
My hopes rest on Rampe becoming an elite midfielder.
I don't think he can do it on his own, but I really look forward to watching him this year. I think he has all the attributes to be an outstanding player for us.

Rampe to the midfield? That's an interesting one...

Over 700+ game experience departed, opportunities abound. I'm interested in seeing how we respond and who is going to be our surprise packet this season.
Who is going to step up when the pressure is on and we need a game changer? Excluding Buddy. Is Tippo going to continue that rich vein of form? Has Hanners finally learnt how to kick accurately?
Looking forward to the game day rain watch, always good for a laugh.

I will have a crack at the questions,

Lloyd. Kid has something and a mile of guts. He will be ok.

Parker and I will also pop in Heeney with a pre season proper and fit body if played correctly in the mids

Yes.

No. Just stop it with these funnies. Next you will be telling me Jack can kick off the right.

Me too. Especially when we try to "execute our skills" in the wet again and again and again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back