Opinion Who is looking forward to Season 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

only a few weeks to go and I'm starting to build up some excitement. Towers for a breakout year!
I'm with you on Towers. I have a similar feeling about Reid (when fully fit) this year too! In an increasing difficult squeeze to get into the 8 we're a certainty and I think we can be top 4 again!

I am.

Yes, we've said goodbye to quite a clutch of loyal servants - Shaw, Pyke, Jetta, Bird, Goodesy.

It's always sad to see champions hang up their boots, and Adam Goodes in particular was an extremely special class of champion, a singular human being in so many ways.

But what's in the past is in the past, and we now have the excitement and hope of renewal.

I for one am always curiously excited when there's a big change of line-up at our fine club. In the past, for the most part, we've recruited and traded in an exemplary fashion; competition leaders in that respect in some eyes. So although I don't yet know what these new boys are capable of, I'm really excited to find out, as it's almost always been a turn for the better in the past.

Add to that the possibility of Buddy Franklin back on the paddock wreaking his own inimitable brand of exuberant havoc, the continuing rise of young players like Heeney and maybe Rose too, and I think there's a whole lot to look forward to.

Hawks are still the team to beat, but I have an inkling we're going to confound the doomsayers yet again.

Let's make this a thread for positive vibes. Who else is looking forward to this season with uncommon relish? What excites you in particular?
Bump.

Not claiming any special powers of prescience (in fact I totally missed the emergence of Papley and forgot to mention Mills in my OP) but here we are, four games in, and it's clear we have a very solid clutch of new boys on our hands, with at least a couple looking like out-and-out guns; Callum Sinclair looking like the perfect answer to our ruck setup, Buddy in scintillating form, Rohan and Reid still to come back...

To paraphrase some bloke in a suit on my TV, there's never been a more exciting time to be a Swans supporter.

Any others feel the same? Positive vibes only, remember.

I'll go you one better. I'm excited not just for this year, but for 2017, 18, and 19. We've got some young talent who are only going to get better. I want to see Parker get captain, i want to see Mills and Heeney run riot in the middle. I remember the way Judd, Kerr and Cousins just dominated, and having all three just seemed unfair. Well once we get some games into Mills and Heeney, we've got three who could be as good. I want to see three years ahead and see how that trio pans out.

But for this year, i was always excited. We've seen so many new faces already, and they've all been able to step up. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year pans out, and we see some development from them. Despite the doom and gloom (from some) over our depth in the off season, it seems the future's so bright, i gotta wear shades! :cool:

I think we are still about 2-3 players short of being a genuine contender this year, but imagine this:

Reid comes back into the side and answers his BigFooty critics, Rohan injects some much needed pace into the side when he returns, Talia returns in the second half of the year to take the pressure off Ted, dreams can still be made :cool:

*bump*

Geez... tonight's Autopsy is scary lol Might catch something off some of those posts ewwww

Lots of positives... How good is buddy's form? Kick a hundred young man!
Hanners... IMO the fastest hands of any mid playing
Tippooooo.... the best ruck in the game. And leading a combo that is growing. Thought Sinclair made a contribution tonight
Georgie hewitt.... starting to look like an AFL player
Some lovely kicking at set shots
Valuable learning experience for players and coaches alike :)

Last edited:
Somehow I must have deleted my post where I said I was very excited about 2016 and correctly forecast our percentage to be exactly 133.98 after 17 rounds.
Using my special moderator powers which let us see deleted posts, I can confirm this is incorrect - your deleted post said our percentage would be 133.94 which is way off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back