Who is more hated? Geelong or Hawthorn?

Who is more hated?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the day I liked Geelong and despised everything about Hawthorn. I loved the way Geelong played back in the Ablett Senior days and wanted them to win in 1989 more than any other team apart from the Tiges that I can remember. I also loved the flair of the team in the 2000's and was pleased that they finally jagged a premiership in 2007. I also used to back them against Hawthorn during the days of the Kennett curse as part of my general hatred for the middle-class, dry area, Liberal-voting, wowser vibe of the club that Kennett embodied. But then it began to change. It didn't help that they landed themselves a coach who is so hard to like, that I dislike so may of Geelong's players or that their supporters here on Bigfooty were the biggest knobs towards Richmond after our premiership win (though Collingwood posters have given them a run since the prelim). I think the latter has something to do with recent history. Geelong has constantly teased in recent years by getting to the finals and failing, and it must have really hurt in 2018 to be knocked out by a team that had been their bunnies for so long. By contrast, I like and admire Clarko and have never had any issues with any of the Hawks players.

Wtf is this s**t?

Your mob did the three-peat/three flags before Clarko and Bomber had the coaching twinkle in their eye!
The 3peat was well over a decade ago and we have been a very ordinary club on and off field since 2009.

I would like us to be a consistent top4/finals side for an extended period of time just like the Hawks and the Cats are, Chris Fagan, David Noble and Greg Swan have said that this is their goal.

Hate is a bit strong I think but I was definitely cheering for Geelong yesterday. Think I find Geelong fans on here more palatable which is strange since we actually beat them occasionally which can't be said for the Hawks.

Henderson needs some hair dye stat
Told my wife he was 32/33 watching the game yesterday. Shocked to find out he is only 30.

Geelong. Scott’s reaction to umpires, Selwood head butting legs, Dangerfield sooking and leaving the field like he had been shot before returning soon after with the commentators saying how tough he is, now they have the King of Grand Final chokers in Rohan and golden spoon boy Hawkins.

The Scott thing is a joke surely.

They literally ALL do it.
It’s simply that Scott’s expression of incredulity is almost a parody at this point.

What does the last point even mean? Or the second last for that matter. On one hand everyone in the world thinks Rohan has never played a good game in his life, then on the other like to rag on him because like most of his career matches, he did nothing on grand final day?

Wow so touching another guys utensil without permission is acceptable these days?
Could that be sexual assault or is it ok coz it’s the footy field? Bit confused, as I hear crickets.
Any contact to the groin is meant to be a classifiable offence, guess we know now why Dermott went so hard at Hawkins, wanted the media to focus on that rather than Squirrel Sicily

Any contact to the groin is meant to be a classifiable offence, guess we know now why Dermott went so hard at Hawkins, wanted the media to focus on that rather than Squirrel Sicily

It’s interesting isn’t it. I wouldn’t call it a grip, he touched his dick without permission.
It’s a pretty clear case of sexual assault but it’s pushed aside coz it’s two males on a footy field?
In sport if he were to grab a female there or even a female touching without consent, it would all be seen in a different light.
If Ablett was to and clearly he wouldn’t take it to court, Sicily would be on the sex offenders list.

Back in the day I liked Geelong and despised everything about Hawthorn. I loved the way Geelong played back in the Ablett Senior days and wanted them to win in 1989 more than any other team apart from the Tiges that I can remember. I also loved the flair of the team in the 2000's and was pleased that they finally jagged a premiership in 2007. I also used to back them against Hawthorn during the days of the Kennett curse as part of my general hatred for the middle-class, dry area, Liberal-voting, wowser vibe of the club that Kennett embodied. But then it began to change. It didn't help that they landed themselves a coach who is so hard to like, that I dislike so may of Geelong's players or that their supporters here on Bigfooty were the biggest knobs towards Richmond after our premiership win (though Collingwood posters have given them a run since the prelim). I think the latter has something to do with recent history. Geelong has constantly teased in recent years by getting to the finals and failing, and it must have really hurt in 2018 to be knocked out by a team that had been their bunnies for so long. By contrast, I like and admire Clarko and have never had any issues with any of the Hawks players.

I think you’ll find up to and including the day Richmond won the flag, 90 per cent of cats fans were absolutely on Richmond’s side for that grand final.

The rapid change in a lot of tigers fans immediately after was astounding. It seemed a bit like instant arrogance. Especially considering that in the course of your run to the flag and the season that followed we were one of the few teams to regularly compete with you - 2 wins and another loss by less than a kick where Ablett had the chance to win it, and another where we were a point down at 3qt. It wasn’t like were were being belted every time, but the reaction was enough to give that impression.

I think you’ll find up to and including the day Richmond won the flag, 90 per cent of cats fans were absolutely on Richmond’s side for that grand final.

The rapid change in a lot of tigers fans immediately after was astounding. It seemed a bit like instant arrogance. Especially considering that in the course of your run to the flag and the season that followed we were one of the few teams to regularly compete with you - 2 wins and another loss by less than a kick where Ablett had the chance to win it, and another where we were a point down at 3qt. It wasn’t like were were being belted every time, but the reaction was enough to give that impression.
Sorry, but it wasn't quite like that. What we got was lots of "weakest grand finalists in years" and the worst offenders seemed to be Geelong posters who would bang on endlessly about how superior their list had been in its recent glory days, how Rance wasn't a patch on Scarlett, about how they had stars on every line while our team was packed with role players and so on. Then the Tigers posters retaliated and the dick measuring was naturally hyped by the fact that we went on to dominate for most of the season and seemed a chance to go back to back which produced an irresistable urge to rub it in. Funnily enough, since the prelim, Geelong posters have been overtaken by Collingwood posters in the obnoxiousness stakes (re us) which is a contrast to how, back a few years, when we were beginning to rise out of the mire, they tended to be more supportive than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn as they’re the biggest sooks going around.

I remember there was a game a couple of years ago and someone asked “what are the chances of Hawthorn winning from here?” My response was about 0.068%. I received a message from one of their mods saying I’ll be banned if I kept it up.

It was the week Hodge got done for drink driving when he blew 0.068

Sensitive lot I say..
You’re a bigger sook than that moderator is for remembering it 3.5 years later.

Probably the two most irritating supporter based on bigfooty. I see some posts by Hawthorn fans and face plant. Some are good. I probably see the worse of Geelong people on this thread being a Hawks fan. The question asks who I hate more and the answer for me is obviously Geelong.

Sorry, but it wasn't quite like that. What we got was lots of "weakest grand finalists in years" and the worst offenders seemed to be Geelong posters who would bang on endlessly about how superior their list had been in its recent glory days, how Rance wasn't a patch on Scarlett, about how they had stars on every line while our team was packed with role players and so on. Then the Tigers posters retaliated and the dick measuring was naturally hyped by the fact that we went on to dominate for most of the season and seemed a chance to go back to back which produced an irresistable urge to rub it in. Funnily enough, since the prelim, Geelong posters have been overtaken by Collingwood posters in the obnoxiousness stakes (re us) which is a contrast to how, back a few years, when we were beginning to rise out of the mire, they tended to be more supportive than most.

Well a) suddenly because of a flag Rance seemed to be instantly granted space in the best of all time discussion, which, while he is a very elite player, seemed about 5 years premature.
B) I don’t recall any particular fan demographic more than others trumpeting anything about weakest grand finalists. If anything it was the reigning premiers of that year who were constantly having to shake that tag.
C) it’s true. If you analyse every flag side from the start of the century, our sides may not have had the absolute rusted on team-first elements of some others. But if there is any separating factor between our side and any other this millennium outside of the Lions, it is the fact that there were literally stars in almost every spot on the field.

It doesn’t make our flags any more or less meritorious and it doesn’t guarantee that we’d beat all the other flag sides. But it’s a fact.

Never understood why you would hate a team because of their supporters, let alone a few nuffie supporters on here.
I see some absolutely disgusting bone head Tiger and Pie supporters in the AFL Members but I still like both those teams.

Anyway, obviously Hawks will be hated more because they have beaten more teams in GFs over living memory for anyone between the ages of 3 and 100.

You’re a bigger sook than that moderator is for remembering it 3.5 years later.

Hahaha, goes to show how bad your radar is. I found it comical at the time and I still find it comical now.

I can’t help that I have a great memory.

There’s more if you want it.

Last edited:
Back