Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
We are by far the more successful overall (eg. since they beat us in ‘63, they have won 3 flags, we have won 12), so the tall poppy syndrome is significantly greater when applied to us.

Geelong have a better win percentage than Hawthorn though so that must count for something.

benneth

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember there was a game a couple of years ago and someone asked “what are the chances of Hawthorn winning from here?” My response was about 0.068%. I received a message from one of their mods saying I’ll be banned if I kept it up.

Lol, that's pathetic. Not sure how some mods get their modships.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Geelong. Scott’s reaction to umpires, Selwood head butting legs, Dangerfield sooking and leaving the field like he had been shot before returning soon after with the commentators saying how tough he is, now they have the King of Grand Final chokers in Rohan and golden spoon boy Hawkins.
That was funny, really it was!

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
I feel like Geelong fans are more arrogant now! than they were during 2007-2011 success, they def also sook a lot more, I do know some fans in real life and they not like that. so not all of them are like it, Hawks i do not hate them as much maybe it's cause our Record is better v Them idk to be honest.

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry, but it wasn't quite like that. What we got was lots of "weakest grand finalists in years" and the worst offenders seemed to be Geelong posters who would bang on endlessly about how superior their list had been in its recent glory days, how Rance wasn't a patch on Scarlett, about how they had stars on every line while our team was packed with role players and so on. Then the Tigers posters retaliated and the dick measuring was naturally hyped by the fact that we went on to dominate for most of the season and seemed a chance to go back to back which produced an irresistable urge to rub it in. Funnily enough, since the prelim, Geelong posters have been overtaken by Collingwood posters in the obnoxiousness stakes (re us) which is a contrast to how, back a few years, when we were beginning to rise out of the mire, they tended to be more supportive than most.

Geelong supporters don't give a hoot about Richmond - it was one way rivalry Tigers supporters unleashing after 30 years of being completely dominated by the Cats.

You're in complete dreamland with your posts here.

Least our players don’t squirrel grip

Wow so touching another guys utensil without permission is acceptable these days?
Could that be sexual assault or is it ok coz it’s the footy field? Bit confused, as I hear crickets.
Any contact to the groin is meant to be a classifiable offence, guess we know now why Dermott went so hard at Hawkins, wanted the media to focus on that rather than Squirrel Sicily
It’s interesting isn’t it. I wouldn’t call it a grip, he touched his dick without permission.
It’s a pretty clear case of sexual assault but it’s pushed aside coz it’s two males on a footy field?
In sport if he were to grab a female there or even a female touching without consent, it would all be seen in a different light.
If Ablett was to and clearly he wouldn’t take it to court, Sicily would be on the sex offenders list.
giphy.gif

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No they weren’t. Lol

They are still a pretty arrogant club though.

Let’s break this down, let’s take a look at the opening of their club song: “We are geelong the greatest of them all.”

The greatest what precisely? Carlton and Essendon has the most VFL/AFL premierships with 16. Followed closely by Collingwood with 15. Even taking away the VFL premierships it leaves them on 3, while Hawthorn is on 5 and West Coast is on 4. Geelong shares the third spot with Brisbane. So what is Geelong “great” at? Is it manipulating a system, where a spud like Motlop gets an end of first round FA draft pick. The same value that Brisbane who was at the bottom ladder received for Rockcliffe. It’s the same value as Hawthorn got for Lance Franklin. I will admit, that’s not great, that’s just brilliant, first in suckering Port into believing he was a good player, secondly convincing the AFL that they were entitled to such a windfall, although I suppose little Gary crying in the media about wanting to go home was also helpful. So not quite Great, but was brilliant, so what else are they great at?

Bolly

Senior List
Mar 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philly Eagles, Liverpool, Raptors
Just touching on the Richmond/Geelong hate being questioned. It'd be due to the fact that until 2017 final we hadn't beaten them in 10 years. That sort of pent up frustration festers the longer those bogey teams continue to go on. I'm sure plenty of other teams think of their bogey's in a similar light, although most teams are able to snap the streak before a decade passes :p

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong supporters don't give a hoot about Richmond - it was one way rivalry Tigers supporters unleashing after 30 years of being completely dominated by the Cats.

You're in complete dreamland with your posts here.
Yep

It was disappointing losing that 2017 qf but Tigers dont register for me on the hate scales

Fabes

All Australian
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think you’ll find up to and including the day Richmond won the flag, 90 per cent of cats fans were absolutely on Richmond’s side for that grand final.

The rapid change in a lot of tigers fans immediately after was astounding. It seemed a bit like instant arrogance. Especially considering that in the course of your run to the flag and the season that followed we were one of the few teams to regularly compete with you - 2 wins and another loss by less than a kick where Ablett had the chance to win it, and another where we were a point down at 3qt. It wasn’t like were were being belted every time, but the reaction was enough to give that impression.
It was this "instant arrogance" that has had me cheering on Geelong every time they play Richmond. There's no way I would ever be cheering for the Cats but post 2017 there's one team I won't ever be rooting for, purely because of their arrogant supporters on here.

I respect Geelong for their success and healthy rivalry with the Hawks, but have such disdain for Richmond purely on the back of their insufferable flog supporters on Bigfooty after their Premiership.

So many threads and countless game day threads last year were hijacked by Richmond flog supporters essentially turning a good thread into a Richmond wankfest, even if said thread had nothing to do with Richmond.

Thank f**k Collingwood knocked them off in the Prelim last year!

Last edited:
Hawthorn as they’re the biggest sooks going around.

I remember there was a game a couple of years ago and someone asked “what are the chances of Hawthorn winning from here?” My response was about 0.068%. I received a message from one of their mods saying I’ll be banned if I kept it up.

It was the week Hodge got done for drink driving when he blew 0.068

Sensitive lot I say..
I love the irony of this post.

Geelong is the annoying younger brother who never used to win anything and then suddenly grew up one day. Was happy for them for a while, but then it was enough-already, and I'm glad they've been spinning wheels since. Of my mates, very few hate them - they all hate the Hawks, but that's what happens when you have to put up with 10 flags.

Back