bomberswarm2

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
West Coast, University
Well teams can find it hard to play 4 talls. 3 key forwards and a resting ruck. If we were only going to have 2, who would miss out?
No Daniher because he hasn't debut yet, and he'd be number 1 anyway.

Crameri, at 186cm wouldnt be classified as a tall. Watson is taller then him.

Personally, when JD is ready i'd like Hurley to move down back at the expense of Hooker.

Crameri, at 186cm wouldnt be classified as a tall. Watson is taller then him.

Personally, when JD is ready i'd like Hurley to move down back at the expense of Hooker.

Agreed, I don't see Cremeri as a "Key Forward", more as a leading medium forward who plays above his height.

• Banned
Well he acts as a tall in this team, and the talls are said as Hurley and Crameri usually.

Clearly Crameri, we are slightly different to teams in that we play our resting ruck more so as our key forwards because they have greater abilities forward than most other ruckmen.

According to Essendons website Crameri is 190cm which is 2cm smaller than Matthew Pavlich (who is freos number 1 key forward)

• Banned
What are our forward 50 targets to for the season? I'd assume Davey would be very high.

i dont see Crameri as a tall so i think we could fit gumby, JD, Hurley in the same team if hurley goes back and hooker goes out

Crameri doesn't miss out. He was originally a mid, we develop his tank, keep playing him as a 3rd tall who can rotate through the middle when Jobe takes a breather down forward.

If Gumby stays fit then he and Joe will be a devastating marking duo.

Gotta be Hurls swung down back.

Good problem to have. :thumbsu:

Hooker is coming along nicely and there is a certain feeling that our backline has been settled for the first time in yonks. By the time JD establishes himself I get the feeling Fletcher might be gone, and so that opens a spot for Hurley to move back, or for Pears/Hardy or anyone else to come in. Imagine a 22 like:

FB Baguley Carlisle Hooker
HB Hibberd Hurley Dempsey
C Goddard Watson Zaharakis
HF Crameri Gumbleton Winderlich
FF Davey Daniher Ryder
R Bellchambers Hocking Stanton
INT Heppell Howlett Melksham Myers

That is an incredible side. Legit.

Hooker is coming along nicely and there is a certain feeling that our backline has been settled for the first time in yonks. By the time JD establishes himself I get the feeling Fletcher might be gone, and so that opens a spot for Hurley to move back, or for Pears/Hardy or anyone else to come in. Imagine a 22 like:

FF Davey Daniher Ryder

Does that make the backline too tall not mobile enough to defend against small forwards and rotating midfielders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Hooker Carlisle and Hurley can fit in one backline. Also by the end of the year everyone will be convinced Hurley is a forward, I have no doubt on this!

As simple as it sounds but Crameri plays better when there is less attention on him. Seems to use his strengths best against smaller opponents.

Fact: every time this option has been presented to the selection committee. Gumby has missed out.
Do we need a poll?

I reckon this is the first time the Hurley, Gumby, Ryder and Crameri combination presents as a genuinely viable option though. Seriously, as much as we all may have wanted it to happen, Gumby has never been available following 90% of a pre season and 7 or 8 matches in a row (including 3 at AFL level). If we don't go for it this week with everyone fit, in form and the side on a roll it will say much more than any previous selection or non selection has.

Honestly have no idea what to do with our wealth of KPs. It's going to have to be a trial and error period for the next while, and I'll just back whatever TRB decide to do with it.

Lost my lid on Gumby though.

FF Davey Daniher Ryder

That team would be in massive strife against a team with pace

FF Davey Daniher Ryder

Heppell on the bench?????

Perhaps. But we were worried about Dangerfield's pace in round one - so we shut him down and he had his worst game so far this year.

yeah he was just in bad form though as he was for the first 5 weeks, he hadnt lost his speed he just wasnt getting the ball

Back