Remove this Banner Ad

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Marketable to whom and for what?
If it's a luxury car, then Pendles is....if it's my surfboards then its probably Nathan Murphy!

JDG has the bad boy image sewn up and Grundy has the hipster/thoughtful man's man to himself. Billy could sell Tshirts, Darce could sell political advice and environmentalism.....Keane could sell Guinness I suspect!

Horses for courses when it comes to marketing and advertising.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Marketable to whom and for what?
If it's a luxury car, then Pendles is....if it's my surfboards then its probably Nathan Murphy!

JDG has the bad boy image sewn up and Grundy has the hipster/thoughtful man's man to himself. Billy could sell Tshirts, Darce could sell political advice and environmentalism.....Keane could sell Guinness I suspect!

Horses for courses when it comes to marketing and advertising.
Murphy has zero marketability to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MagpieJoel

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just think it has to be hard to tell when it comes to charisma and personality these days! How often do you get to hear from just about any of the players mentioned here? I'm still not sure how you are supposed to really form an opinion on this!
Follow them on social media.

Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Winning makes a team marketable. The rest is just distraction and detrimental to the team. Oh for a team of low-profile, mature adults who are focussed on doing what they need to win games of football. Then you can sack the marketing team as members and sponsors will beat the door down.

Sea fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Winning makes a team marketable. The rest is just distraction and detrimental to the team. Oh for a team of low-profile, mature adults who are focussed on doing what they need to win games of football. Then you can sack the marketing team as members and sponsors will beat the door down.
Well that is a fair point but most kids gravitate towards a hero type.

jackcass

Premium Gold
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jordy by a mile.
Other than that, nobody is particularly marketable. Grundy, Billy, Howe and Cox to an extent, but only kinda sorta. Jaidyn Steph......

It's actually a very boring list. Not many characters in it. We need some Swans and Didaks, maybe a Tazza and Brodie Holland too!

Quaynor and Josh Daicos will be IMO, especially Josh. The sidestep, the mullet, the famous dad, the magic. He's also a gun. He's got the package.
Lynchy is very much a character. Maybe just not in a more traditional bad boy sense.

Remove this Banner Ad