Analysis Who is our next captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would not have a problem if Grimes got it for one or two years only - best man for the job say I!

Grimes is the really obvious choice, big plus in this is that he's got so much going on outside footy (not dissimilar with Rance though different circumstances) that we may keep him 100% committed an extra season or two by giving him the captaincy.

I'd have no problem going co-captain Grimes/Dusty and letting Grimes handle all the media duties. Dusty richly deserves the honour if it means something to him to have it and is clearly a leader of the club and our most inspiring player.

Longer term, I'd be very surprised if Short doesn't come strongly into calculations.

Grimes is the really obvious choice, big plus in this is that he's got so much going on outside footy (not dissimilar with Rance though different circumstances) that we may keep him 100% committed an extra season or two by giving him the captaincy.

I'd have no problem going co-captain Grimes/Dusty and letting Grimes handle all the media duties. Dusty richly deserves the honour if it means something to him to have it and is clearly a leader of the club and our most inspiring player.

Longer term, I'd be very surprised if Short doesn't come strongly into calculations.

No love for Jack Graham Ray?

No love for Jack Graham Ray?

Plenty of love mate, but TBH I don't know that he's guaranteed best-22 deep into his career and don't know enough about him to make anything resembling a proper assessment of his ability with the off-field stuff.

Shorty's likely to be a 200 gamer if he stays healthy, he seems much like a younger Jack with his contagious enthusiasm, he's shown a fierce desire to improve all aspects of his game and always gives 100% which are great attributes to have in a leader because they set an inspirational example, and while he's probably a bit laddish off-field and not an accomplished public speaker still at this point (Grimes is a bonafide wiz at this), that could be said for most of his realistic rivals too.

I'm not necessarily saying he's the best candidate, you'd have to be part of the inner sanctum to know that, but like I said, I'd be surprised if he's not in the mix at some point.

Depends how long Trent plays for , which would probably rule out grimes , Vlas or Lynch.

I would imagine Graham would be likely if he has the leadership qualities for a more long term option

Remove this Banner Ad

Back