List Mgmt. Who is playing for their careers? 2019 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updating my list after trade week:

1. Ben Keays- 1 year deal
2. Luke Hodge - retired
3. Allen Christensen - 1 year deal
4. Ryan Bastinac (R) - delist
14. Josh Walker - delist
18. Nick Robertson - 1 year deal
21. Sam Skinner - delist and rookie
22. Mitch Hinge (R) - delist
26. Tom Cutler - traded
28. Lewis Taylor - traded

35. Ryan Lester - delist
39. Corey Lyons - 2 year
41. Matt Eagles (R) - cat B

Updating my list after trade week:

1. Ben Keays- 1 year deal
2. Luke Hodge - retired
3. Allen Christensen - 1 year deal
4. Ryan Bastinac (R) - delist
14. Josh Walker - delist
18. Nick Robertson - 1 year deal
21. Sam Skinner - delist and rookie
22. Mitch Hinge (R) - delist
26. Tom Cutler - traded
28. Lewis Taylor - traded

35. Ryan Lester - delist
39. Corey Lyons - 2 year
41. Matt Eagles (R) - cat B

The fact we are taking Eagles on again probably spells the end of Walker as you’ve alluded to but it feels weird to me. Walker has played some decent footy for us, as recently as this year when Andrews was down.

The fact we are taking Eagles on again probably spells the end of Walker as you’ve alluded to but it feels weird to me. Walker has played some decent footy for us, as recently as this year when Andrews was down.
But with Eagles being on the Cat B list there would need to be a long term injury for him to play so it would make sense for Walker to get another year.
Eagles would need to be the backups, backup.
Thought Walker may have got a bit of interest during the trade period, some teams may be waiting and show some interest as a delisted free agent if he is delisted?

I'd prefer to keep Walker than Eagles
Eagles can and will be a Cat B rookie. Walker can't. They aren't competing for the same list spot.

Chris Fagan was saying on SEN yesterday morning that there would be 3-4 delistings announced over the next few days so there should be some news re this coming soon.

Chris Fagan was saying on SEN yesterday morning that there would be 3-4 delistings announced over the next few days so there should be some news re this coming soon.
Fages also mentioned that he always does this delisting process "face to face". Given that he is in Melbourne for the next few weeks, the difficult meetings may have already happened and now it is just a question of timing.

Fages also mentioned that he always does this delisting process "face to face". Given that he is in Melbourne for the next few weeks, the difficult meetings may have already happened and now it is just a question of timing.

Dodongo thinks the initial 2-3 were done in the exit interviews. The ones that had no trade value. Other players would have been notified to seek opportunities elsewhere such as Cutler and Taylor and maybe another one or two we don't know about, and their fate would be decided after trade week.

With Robertson doing promotional stuff - he is 100% safe. We know Skinner and Eagles will be safe. So it's easy to work out who won't be safe. Sucks because one or two are nice depth.

I dont think he meant his face specifically. I think he meant it doesnt get done over the phone or by message and that its done face-face instead.

I dont think he meant his face specifically. I think he meant it doesnt get done over the phone or by message and that its done face-face instead.
I could be wrong but I thought he was pretty clear that he did the meeting, "face to face", i.e. not over the phone but ultimately, I am sure there has been clear communication in the lead up to such a move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if eagles is being kept for off field welfare reasons. He has ‘real life’ work experiences and talks about how the life of an afl player is very different and a great job.

If the young guys start getting ahead of themselves or need a nudge to start thinking about life after Afl I’d be pointing them straight at eagles for a chat.

Pretty sure Lester got another year
He has certainly been pushed down the order. Genuinely now just depth, but has experience and a mature body which could come in handy for one more year.

Dodongo thinks the initial 2-3 were done in the exit interviews. The ones that had no trade value. Other players would have been notified to seek opportunities elsewhere such as Cutler and Taylor and maybe another one or two we don't know about, and their fate would be decided after trade week.

With Robertson doing promotional stuff - he is 100% safe. We know Skinner and Eagles will be safe. So it's easy to work out who won't be safe. Sucks because one or two are nice depth.

Not so sure on Robertson.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not so sure on Robertson.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dodongo looks further and thinks it may be possible that the club just didn't want to trade him for a pick they didn't need in the 4th round, so could be delisted, but Dodongo thinks the game he played against GWS has given him another contract. Though, Nick may have decided to leave knowing a club would pick him up as a delisted FA? Dodongo is staying hopeful Nick stays.

you assume Fagan "Face to Face" would be in person. Not via a emoji text or something :)
He could fly back to Brissy for a day and chat to guys although as others said I assume was done beforehand.

Hi all
Just want to thank you all for the banter over the last 6 years
Wish you guys and the Lions all the very best. You’ve got so much to be positive about and plenty of good times to come. Keep embracing and building up your players even in spite of difficult situations. Builds character and resilience.
Thanks guys.
Always loved my BigFooty banter
Old Robbo👍👍👍

you assume Fagan "Face to Face" would be in person. Not via a emoji text or something :)
He could fly back to Brissy for a day and chat to guys although as others said I assume was done beforehand.
There are other members of the coaching & management team that can do face-face tasks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back