List Mgmt. Who is playing for their careers? 2019 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some nice jersey numbers have become available this year:1, 2, 4, 14, 18, 26 and 28 are available. I wonder if anyone will ask for a jersey change.

Answerth and Oscar, since they are out in the 40’s but I suppose sometimes players grow attached to their number or get superstitious about a change.
Old numbers for Birchall (14) & Ellis-Yolmen (28) they may want a change with new club.

In a crazy way Corey Lyons might survive because he hasn't been tried at senior level whereas Keays goes because he has.

100% agree. Really feel for Keays as he was essentially gifted games by Crazy Leppa when he was nowhere near ready and played out of position. Probably stunted his development too as well as his legacy, his career stats would be very underwhelming. Thought he started to turn a corner this year but unfortunately you can't argue with the logic when there's a bunch of younger guys that deserve a chance to prove themselves when the time comes. I doubt he'll get picked up but definitely rooting for him if he does. By all reports a great person who was widely respected at the club by players/officials and always had time for fans.

Walker I think will definitely get a game elsewhere, and he should. Really valuable depth and while Eagles does make some sense from a welfare/cultural point of view, it still stinks for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These delistings etc., it's obvious to me, are the result of you guys bitching about these players not being picked to play! You all must have pissed the coaches off so much the decision was made to get rid of these excellent but under utterlised footballers! It's your fault!

Robbo, Basti, Walker, Keays ... what they have in common is they were in the 23-30 range on our list and the coaches know what their ceiling is. 31+ on our list are all the young players who haven't had a chance at senior level but will/could have a higher ceiling (E Smith, Ballenden, Wooler, T Berry, Joyce, Payne, Skinner, C Lyons, McFadyen, Madden, Fullarton). Time for some of these guys to get a shot and show what they have while this years draft picks get a year at NEAFL to develop themselves and their game.

Robbo, Basti, Walker, Keays ... what they have in common is they were in the 23-30 range on our list and the coaches know what their ceiling is. 31+ on our list are all the young players who haven't had a chance at senior level but will/could have a higher ceiling (E Smith, Ballenden, Wooler, T Berry, Joyce, Payne, Skinner, C Lyons, McFadyen, Madden, Fullarton). Time for some of these guys to get a shot and show what they have while this years draft picks get a year at NEAFL to develop themselves and their game.

Would beg to differ RE Keays, certainly never got the chance to have some continuity in the ones in the latter years.

The Keays delisting really hurts. I'm hopeful Gold Coasts extended rookie list gives Keays a chance to stay local and have another shot. It's hard to judge his NEAFL form from last year as he has always been a bit of a NEAFL stud playing regular high possession, multiple goal games through the middle in past seasons before his switch to the forward line this year.

Can we get a conspiracy theory going here?

keays and cutler are good looking roosters, Basti is probs a level down but would get second looks from a lot of young women. Walker got prettier when he got his gair back (and got more games so maybe they realised he wasn’t a 30yo on his last legs).

Can’t put the kept players in the same category (Matho, bundy...) so maybe if list managers are old and ugly and taking out their frustrations on the beauty of youth.

Proof will be in the draft - no pretty boys and the theory holds.

ps life’s boring without footy..

Can we get a conspiracy theory going here?

keays and cutler are good looking roosters, Basti is probs a level down but would get second looks from a lot of young women. Walker got prettier when he got his gair back (and got more games so maybe they realised he wasn’t a 30yo on his last legs).

Can’t put the kept players in the same category (Matho, bundy...) so maybe if list managers are old and ugly and taking out their frustrations on the beauty of youth.

Proof will be in the draft - no pretty boys and the theory holds.

ps life’s boring without footy..

That's why I never got drafted 😉

I can assume the reasoning for losing Walker is 1) Adams and 2) Payne. I wonder if we really needed to draft Adams, Walker seemed to be doing a similar role with a more than serviceable intercepting mark.

Payne must be the long term goal to replace Adams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back