List Mgmt. Who is playing for their careers? 2020 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

No one wanted him enough to approach him as a DFA or take him late in the ND/PSD last year, both of which would've just gotten him for free. If we delist him this year after he's probably played no senior games (and no reserves form), it's not going to surprise me if he doesn't see an increase in interest over last year.
One thing I read on here (the Lions board) a few years ago, there’s an unwritten code amongst clubs to not poach delisted players who have a promise of being re-rookied by their club.

Lewis Taylor
Ben Keays
Tom Cutler
Josh Walker

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As jackess noted, Taylor and Cutler weren't delisted.

Keays, Walker, Bastinac, Robertson were delisted.

One thing I read on here (the Lions board) a few years ago, there’s an unwritten code amongst clubs to not poach delisted players who have a promise of being re-rookied by their club.
IIRC it's happened at least once since then, though I can't remember who it was. Maybe between two of the Melbourne clubs.

I remember with Banfield, Richmond approached us before picking him up in the rookie draft before our pick.

pfffttt....that went out when Adam was playing fullback for Jerusalem.

Speaking of Robbo, I heard he is back in Brissie.
A mates Son is getting 1 on 1 AFL coaching off him. Once or twice a week for an hour.

He was back to sell his house and got a bit stuck with WA borders and quarantine rules etc. Gone back to perth now ready for the WAFL season with East Perth I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood took Schade in the rookie draft after the suns delisted him with the intent to rerookie
Did they really? Suns took two rookie picks before Schade and none after, not even a "Passed" according to Wikipedia.

Did they really? Suns took two rookie picks before Schade and none after, not even a "Passed" according to Wikipedia.

Here is an article that talks about the situation. Relevant part below

The Suns had to commit to picking Schade up as a rookie if no one else jumped first, but while knowing that he would definitely have a place on an AFL list this year reduced his stress to an extent, it also left him in a bizarre place early in the pre-season. Schade continued to train with Gold Coast, a club that had openly made him expendable. While he understands why the Suns acted as they did, it was hard for Schade not to feel like he was there by default. "It was a tough month or two leading up to the rookie draft at the Suns, feeling a bit out of place with them saying 'we're not sure if we're going to go with you'."

Having lost Nathan Brown, Jack Frost and Jonathon Marsh in the space of weeks, Collingwood's key defensive stocks had been left skinnier than a teenage ruckman. It became an area the Pies desperately needed to address, and so in came Melbourne veteran Lynden Dunn via the trade period, and tall utility Sam McLarty through the national draft. Still there was room for another mature tall backman. Schade fit the bill.

Schade said several clubs had enquired about him following his delisting, with Collingwood recruiting chief Derek Hine first making contact in mid-November. "There were no promises made. I was just hopeful that it would happen, and they were just getting to know me and my background, and how I would play my game."

I guess with Adams out for an extended period, it might open the door for Payne to debut at some point.
I was thinking the same thing. With time out of the side due to injury, the inclusion of Birchall and the form of Lester, it is hard to find a spot for Adams. Ironically, when he is fit, he may well find himself in the position Josh Walker ended up in, which is just getting a game if someone is injured. Based on last year and the season to date, it appears that the biggest draw back that Adams has is that he appears flustered under pressure and does not make good decisions. I think Lester was retained and has been groomed for the Hodge role and he has shown this year he is up to that task and more.

Nope. Thought we might see it when Stef was injured but even then we played him with Archie. Fages likes a two ruck set up.
You can see why when rewatching how we smashed WC when NN was on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back