Review Who is Richmond's 2nd most important player? Poll.

Richmond's 2nd most important player

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread needs a Sydney Stack option

It's Dylan Grimes. Who also happens to be our best value for money player.

If it's just 'player' as in the minutes they play on the ground - Grimes. Grimes control of that backline has been pivotal since Rance went down and AWOL. Our midfield and forwards thrive off the quality of that group led by Grimes down back.

If it starts at the Club post match and rolls right through to including playing in the next match - Trent Cotchin.

Cotch, he sets the tone and turns matches.

But we have a lot of other 2nd after Dusty types. Grimes, Vlas, Short, Nank, JR, Tom.

Dion and Shai are very stiff not get a mention in my list. I'm probably just an idiot not to put them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Grimes goes down you still have balta. Astbury. Broad. Vlastuin.

If lynch is unavailable ???

Astbury is pretty much cooked. He could barely run at the end of last year.

And the others you listed can't take a genuine key forward besides Balta who's still young.

I see your point on Lynch. But I think Grimes is a better player than him.

And the others you listed can't take a genuine key forward besides Balta who's still young.

Hawkins was causing balta issues.

Astbury went to him and shut tommy down.

I don't think Dave is finished yet (?)

Astbury lost 12 weeks with a knee so pretty good chance he was still recovering those last 4 weeks. My son had exactly the same injury and pulled the plug on the season after about 16 weeks struggling with it. Didn't come good until he gave it 3 months rest. Reckon Astbury is about the most under rated player on our list.

Tom Lynch... simply the hardest player to replace after Dusty.

We can live thru Shedda, Cotch, nank, Grimes etc... missing games because we have guys who can step up and fill in adequately for a few weeks. We have no one who can do that for Lynch.
Yep
More vital now with Jack on his last legs.
Lynch paid us back in spades in the 19PF
Make no bones about it.He was playing inj most of 20 but still took the heat.
One thing I'm looking fwd to this year.An injury free Lynch(Think he has a point too prove to a few non Richmond people.😉).
Honorable mentions too Nank/Sheds & Grimes.

I had to toss up between "St Grimmes" as I refer to him
and Edwards who I think is a quiet achiever

but we seem to cover everyone when someone is down

I can see Shai becoming a huge player for us , he's been a highlights reel , but the volume of output really ticked up last year

Lynch and it's not even close. We looked absolutely hopeless going forward in the final against Brisbane without him. Without his ability to crash the packs and take out multiple defenders, we just turn the ball over every forward entry.

Riewoldt not 28 any more

Big ask if Lynch is not available

Lynch for me.

Hes not only the one to put it on the scoreboard often, but he destroys packs and is a huge structural target. He also demands a gun defender to be accountable on him instead of just roaming. Add to that he frees up Jack from getting double teamed and can also ruck at stoppages and he's number 2 for mine. We can't really cover his role.

Lynch for me.

Hes not only the one to put it on the scoreboard often, but he destroys packs and is a huge structural target. He also demands a gun defender to be accountable on him instead of just roaming. Add to that he frees up Jack from getting double teamed and can also ruck at stoppages and he's number 2 for mine. We can't really cover his role.

And also individuals if they get in the way :)

Back