Prediction Who is Richmond's next Captain

Richmonds next Captain

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Age, leadership, respect amongst peers, consistency?

All the other half decent options are 30+. No point Cotch stepping down just to choose someone who is also near retirement.

The other option I like is Nank but he doesn't tick the durability box. He is in the rehab group far too much to be captain.

86 games from five years is hardly injury prone. That is 86 out of max 125 games with this year contributing to the games missed.

But its the future injuries that matter. How many of those injuries are ones from a weakness in body where you can expect reoccurrance.

Hate to see the load that he is prepared to take on work against him if captaincy is his calling.

I agree. He goes missing for long periods of games. Just when you think he’s turned the corner after back-to-back 25+ games, he pumps out a 12 touch game for no apparent reason.

Let him establish himself for another 2-years and become consistent like Ollie Wines, then hand him the captaincy.

Dusty’s the man. 2022 is no time to be conservative. It’s the ‘last dance’ and who better to take the lead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes however the 12 possession game he’s playing a role on the half forward line, not midfield

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nick is a sensational player.
Would be a captain at any other club.
He was referred to by Matthew Clarke in the interview.
Like the idea of Nick as captain for five years, then Jack G for five.
Jack is too young ATM.
Dylan at 30 is a champion but slightly too old.

Lynch an absolute no no.
29 this month and one of the most inconsistent up and down players on the list, plus he has on field discipline issues.

Give it to the greatest modern Tiger of all. Would be an inspired choice and a challenge for him to take his craft to the ultimate level

Dusty just lost an internal organ. Let him focus on himself not being skipper

I suspect the form flux is due to being played hurt so often.

Dusty just lost an internal organ. Let him focus on himself not being skipper
Didn't lose an internal organ at all, it was a lacerated kidney and he has recovered and back running and contact work in 6 or so weeks.

[Haha, loved the thumbs down..... exactly what was wrong or inaccurate with what I said? ]

Last edited:
Didn't lose an internal organ at all, it was a lacerated kidney and he has recovered and back running and contact work in 6 or so weeks.

[Haha, loved the thumbs down..... exactly what was wrong or inaccurate with what I said? ]

I know he didn't literally lose a kidney but dusty isn't young and coming off a very serious injury. He doesn't seem like the skipper type either. (off field)

Why burden him with being cap ? Let him focus on getting back to his best.

Unless he wants the gig

captain-phillips-boat-hijack.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May be.
Great choice ,I wanted Grimes but Jack will do a fantastic job,loved by us all and his team mates at Tigerland.
I've posted previously on this thread I think Jack should be captain in 2022, even if for just 1 year. Grimes would be my next choice.

I've heard Lynch's name come up in discussions, personally, I can't see how a guy who's been at our club 3 years can be promoted to captain ahead of someone who's played over 300 games for us and still has playing currency. No disrespect to Tom Lynch either.

I've posted previously on this thread I think Jack should be captain in 2022, even if for just 1 year. Grimes would be my next choice.

I've heard Lynch's name come up in discussions, personally, I can't see how a guy who's been at our club 3 years can be promoted to captain ahead of someone who's played over 300 games for us and still has playing currency. No disrespect to Tom Lynch either.

Do you want the new captain to be older than cotchin? Grimes similar age profile.

Maybe it doesn't matter

Do you want the new captain to be older than cotchin? Grimes similar age profile.

Maybe it doesn't matter
I get that, that's the only negative.

I just can't help but think the 4 guns we built this dynasty around were Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Martin and Rance.

Rance is not there; Cotchin has stepped down; would love to see Dusty captain but I'm not sure the off field role would fit with him; that leaves Jack. I'd give him the role and fire that last shot at a premiership with this team with Jack as captain. Cotchin most likely retires next year, Jack may follow hopefully with another premiership.

Then we can hand over the baton to Tigger or Fridge.

I get that, that's the only negative.

I just can't help but think the 4 guns we built this dynasty around were Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Martin and Rance.

Rance is not there; Cotchin has stepped down; would love to see Dusty captain but I'm not sure the off field role would fit with him; that leaves Jack. I'd give him the role and fire that last shot at a premiership with this team with Jack as captain. Cotchin most likely retires next year, Jack may follow hopefully with another premiership.

Then we can hand over the baton to Tigger or Fridge.

Apparently vlastuin doesn't want it :(

Tom Green... he can phone in the coin tosses until he actually gets to the club

Last edited:
Back