Who is the arseiest team in history prior to Collingwood 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a huge amount of luck in these close games but Collingwood have executed well down the stretch and just the level of consistent effort to not have suffered a blow out in 11 games is impress.

They are a 3-6 team currently sitting 2nd due to luck. Proof will come out in finals. I'd bet on them going out in semi finals
3-6 teams don't beat the reigning premier unless the reigning premier is a 3-6 team too.

Melbourne are fine. Cracking game. Battle of wills and effort.

Could have gone either way, sure. But the Pies deserved to be flipping that coin.

Melbourne kick straight it's game over they missed some sodas

But they didn’t. It wasn’t Melbourne missing kicks at the end and Collingwood falling over the line. It was Melbourne dominating for long periods early, Collingwood doing enough to stay in touch and Melbourne missing shots then. From
Half time it was clear Melbourne’s shot at blowing the game open had gone. A new game started. And they still had a head start in that one. And Collingwood ran them down. It was great football.

As good a football i have seen from any club the last third of the game from the pies. Grand final preview is next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at the G
I'm sniffing a corker if Geelong meet the Pies in a final. Love em or hate em, they have a bit of doggedness about them. Geelong have gears - if it happens I will be excited to watch how it plays out.

That game against us early in the year wasn't such an outlier it seems.

We're just a very efficient team!

Kicking at goal is the most underrated stat in footy. We don't kicks staight, we lose!

Sometimes you make your own luck and they do that by playing with spirit and a belief they can win no matter what the situation. Credit to the coach. Has done an amazing job so far no matter what happens from here on in.

I would have a squeaky arse if I was a Cats fan.

Momentum is everything.
You mean like the momentum we have going too?…Very strange comment to single out Geelong considering finals are still weeks away & there’s no guarantee we will even play them, let alone the fact we kicked 7 unanswered goals to steamroll the Pies at the start of the year when we were both not as good as now.

A little bit of luck helps, but for me they just know how to play and win the close games when they're on the line. It's no fluke, they just keep getting it done and taking the most of their opportunities overall. There will be criticism about their percentage but I reckon they deserve to be top 2 when they know how to win regardless of the margin. Good on them I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back