Who is the arseiest team in history prior to Collingwood 2022?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It's not luck, although there's an element of luck in everything.

They're just in hot form and continually getting it done. Momentum, confidence and belief makes it so, it's amazing what can be achieved when everyone buys in. They're full of confidence to will themselves over the line and they are executing perfectly.

Incredible side who is going to stop their momentum?
a coin toss? average winning margin this season 10 points or something like that one free doesn't go there way or one side kicks straight

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is luck in a way, as in a bounce of the ball could have changed a couple of those 11 results, but they are still an excellent footy team.

Pressure the other team enough, harass their defenders, kick pretty straight (they have a bunch of very good shots on goal), and you win games.

Footy isn't ******* hard, despite what flog commentators want you to think. "Win the contested ball" (which is just win the ******* ball), get it forwards, preferably fast and through the middle, and kick straight. That's the game.

You don't win 11 in a row through pure arse or luck. They are excellent.

Incredible side who is going to stop their momentum?
Honestly sides should just go full flood/slingshot against them. 6-6-6 makes it harder to do that but I think if they don't get enough space up forward it makes it harder to get those out the back kind of goals and then they need a Plan B.

But their self-belief.....I don't think I've seen a side with more of it.

Rope a dope. Allow momentum early through the first half and limit the ease of opposition inside fifties and have them taking lower percentage shots. After half time increase the pressure and take advantage of the effort used by the opposition in the early game.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Honestly sides should just go full flood/slingshot against them. 6-6-6 makes it harder to do that but I think if they don't get enough space up forward it makes it harder to get those out the back kind of goals and then they need a Plan B.

But their self-belief.....I don't think I've seen a side with more of it.
Have players set up through the middle at all times. They want to take the kick on there's a huge amount of risk to it and they would need to execute perfectly. I don't see any team planning a proper gameplan to counter what Collingwood are doing. It's time they started to because it's got to that point now where they could win a flag riding this wave.

Back