Who is the arseiest team in history prior to Collingwood 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne's midfield won't play better. They won't need to. Although, their forward 50 connection could improve.

The defence and forward-lines can certainly play better.

Who are the 2 teams of the last 20 years you're referencing and what was their percentage ?
The last two teams won flags.
78F430CD-E33E-4C95-869C-AD2B220FEEFF.jpeg

Footscray's arseiness in 2016 is a long way clear of anything Collingwood have done or will do this year.
Everything just fell into place in that finals series for a full Bradbury!

The last two teams won flags.
View attachment 1467779
After round 20 (not 19) the Swans had a percentage of 112. Collingwood's after round 20 is 106.

By season's end the Swans had a percentage of 115.

Richmond had a percentage at round 20 2019 of 111.

By season's end Richmond had a percentage of 113.

Your examples are wishful thinking and upon closer scrutiny they also show the gap between your two examples and this year's Collingwood team.

After round 20 (not 19) the Swans had a percentage of 112. Collingwood's after round 20 is 106.

Your examples are wishful thinking and upon closer scrutiny they also show the gap between your two examples and this year's Collingwood team.
So, regardless of the fact West Coast beat Collingwood, had Collingwood have played 3 games against West Coast and North Melbourne and won them each by 100 points, yet had exactly the same results in every other game, Collingwood's percentage would have been over 120%

Would that mean we would be some chance in Finals, as opposed to no chance?

The bottom line is, it's all about getting Top 4. Once that is secured, as we have seen in years past, anything can happen.

So in your universe, Pies are better off playing easy beats in the last few weeks to bump up their percentage instead of carving out victories against other contenders in Melbourne, Sydney and Carlton and end up on a low percentage?

I’d rather have played and beaten Melbourne this week by 7 points than played a North or WCE and won by 70. What’s factually incorrect about what I sent you exactly?

Hawthorn 2010 easily. How anyone wins with that ridiculous ball movement is only a secret of Clarko, but the most boring to the rest if us!

P.s 15 meters doesn't always mean 15 meters. Right Gil's umpires

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So in your universe, Pies are better off playing easy beats in the last few weeks to bump up their percentage instead of carving out victories against other contenders in Melbourne, Sydney and Carlton and end up on a low percentage?

I’d rather have played and beaten Melbourne this week by 7 points than played a North or WCE and won by 70. What’s factually incorrect about what I sent you exactly?
What ? Your post is nonsensical.

A team's percentage is over 22 games.

When has a team won a flag with a percentage of 106 post the H&A season ?

Your profile isn't one of a typical premiership side.

I'm not saying it's impossible that Collingwood go on to win, but highly unlikely.

What ? Your post is nonsensical.

A team's percentage is over 22 games.

If it stays where it is it will be the lowest since when to win a flag ? When has a team won a flag with a percentage of 106 post the H&A season ?

Your profile isn't one of a typical premiership side.

I'm not saying it's impossible that Collingwood go on to win, but highly unlikely.
When has a team’s H&A percentage had any impact on that same team’s finals position? Wouldn’t the win/loss and ladder position have the greatest bearing on a team’s premiership chances?

Would you rather finish 1st/2nd on the ladder with 106% or 5th with 120%? Which gives you a better chance at a flag?

When has a team’s H&A percentage had any impact on that same team’s finals position? Wouldn’t the win/loss and ladder position have the greatest bearing on a team’s premiership chances?

Would you rather finish 1st/2nd on the ladder with 106% or 5th with 120%? Which gives you a better chance at a flag?
Percentage is an important reflection of the quality of a team.

Obviously, wins determine ladder position (along with percentage).

Any team ''can'' win from top 4, but I'm not backing a team that finishes with a percentage of 106 to do much damage in finals. But is it possible ? Of course.

There are reasons a team finishes with such a low percentage.

What I'm asserting isn't ground-breaking or controversial. Collingwood have done well to fall over the line so often, and that is a skill in itself (along with some luck), but many of the wins are hardly what one would call impressive, which is why your percentage is so low.

Any team ''can'' win from top 4, but I'm not backing a team that finishes with a percentage of 106 to do much damage in finals. But is it possible ? Of course.

What I'm asserting isn't ground-breaking or controversial. Collingwood have done well to fall over the line so often, and that is a skill in itself (along with some luck), but many of the wins are hardly what one would call impressive, which is why your percentage is so low.
Pies haven't impressed Trav 20!

Someone call Fly and tell him the Pies should just forfeit their finals, they're just wasting everyone else's time!

Nothing lucky about the Pies' streak...they outwork their opposition every week when they DON'T have the ball, and have a very efficient, well designed game plan. On top of that confidence levels are at an all time high, so players can trust their team mates unequivocally.

It is the recipe for sustained success - "the harder you work, the luckier you get".

Pies haven't impressed Trav 20!

Someone call Fly and tell him the Pies should just forfeit their finals, they're just wasting everyone else's time!
You had a percentage over 140 in 2010. Why was your percentage so impressive ?

Because you were a quality team that only lost 2 games on your way to a flag.

Conversely, you're not a great team in 2022 for obvious reasons.

And nor should you be coming from 17th.

Do you do common sense ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it’s not. It’s a truer reflection of whether a team are flat track bullies or not. Beating WCE or North by 100 points mean SFA in September. Geelong is the only team who’s percentage can be spoken about this season as they’ve belted other top 8 sides comprehensively and consistently.

My question to you again. Would you rather finish top 4 with 106% or 5th with 120%?

Yeah, they didn’t belt the bottom sides like some others did. Again, has no bearing in September. It’s how they match up against the other finalist. There aren’t too many other finalists Collingwood have been belted by, or have the wood over us.

Put us, a team with 106%, against the team with 128% in September and I’m going in confident every single time because we’ve won 6 of the last 7 against them.

You had a percentage over 140 in 2010. Why was your percentage so impressive ?

Because you were a quality team that only lost 2 games on your way to a flag.

Conversely, you're not a great team in 2022 for obvious reasons.

And nor should you be coming from 17th.

Do you do common sense ?
Say what? Do you ever deal in facts?

Collingwood lost more than two games in 2010.

Our percentage in 2011 was better than in 2010, yet we fell short in our quest for the flag.

I'll say it again - 5 teams have finished in the Top 4 with a percentage less than 110% since the current finals system has been in place. Two of those teams have won the flag.

No it’s not. It’s a truer reflection of whether a team are flat track bullies or not. Beating WCE or North by 100 points mean SFA in September. Geelong is the only team who’s percentage can be spoken about this season as they’ve belted other top 8 sides comprehensively and consistently.

My question to you again. Would you rather finish top 4 with 106% or 5th with 120%?

Yeah, they didn’t belt the bottom sides like some others did. Again, has no bearing in September. It’s how they match up against the other finalist. There aren’t too many other finalists Collingwood have been belted by, or have the wood over us.

Put us, a team with 106%, against the team with 128% in September and I’m going in confident every single time because we’ve won 6 of the last 7 against them.
Percentage across a 22 game season IS importand and a reflection of the quality of a team.

This should be bleeding obvious to anyone who's followed footy for any length of time.

I didn't answer your question because it has to be rhetorical. The answer is obvious.

As to your last sentence, by all means have faith in your team. You'll forgive me for not being so enthused given the reasons I've mentioned.

Let's revisit post the season.

Say what? Do you ever deal in facts?

Collingwood lost more than two games in 2010.

Our percentage in 2011 was better than in 2010, yet we fell short in our quest for the flag.

I'll say it again - 5 teams have finished in the Top 4 with a percentage less than 110% since the current finals system has been in place. Two of those teams have won the flag.
Not in the H&A, Genius, which is when percentage is determined. You know, the thing I'm arguing.

Name the two who won the flag with a percentage of less than 110 and the years they did it.

Four goals from free kicks to Melbourne's none didn't hurt either. And I'm not saying they weren't there.
What kind of nonsense is this?

Melbourne had at least 3 from frees - Melksham from a too high in the goal square, Salem from a HTB against Daicos, and Fritsch from a HTB + 50m.

I love selective memories.

Arsey?

Watching the last quarter back again and the ball never gets any closer than 70m from Melbourne's goal from the 6:30 minute mark after Quaynor clears to McReery. The ball never goes past the halfway point from the 5:00 minute mark. That's not luck.

That is superior pressure, elite defensive setup and unbelievable coaching. Melbourne did not look like winning the game at any point during the last five minutes.

If you win enough games, percentage is irrelevant

Pressure rating in the last quarter is currently the best of all time in measuring that stat. They hunt the man and the ball like wild animals. This stat is king and is the true measure of the will to win. Most of the other indicators are for fantasy football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back