Who is the best current ATP player not to have won a Grand Slam?

Best current player not to have won a Slam?

• Kei Nishikori

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Tomas Berdych

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Milos Raonic

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Grigor Dimitrov

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • David Ferrer

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Jo Wilfred Tsonga

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

29 isnt that young in tennis.

Nishikori is 25. Middle aged for a tennis player but 2-3 years younger than Nadal/Djokovic/Murray. No coincidence that he's starting to seriously challenge these guys. Most great tennis players started to decline in their late 20's.

29 isnt that young in tennis.

Novak won't win every slam, and whilst I love Rafa and I see him maybe adding 2-3 more (likely to be at the French mainly) there isn't much else. He has a more complete game than Murray and Murray has 2 Slams.

Interesting this thread was created a few years ago.

I thought Kei, Milos, Berdych or Tsonga wouldve won a Slam by now.

Nisikori would have if he didn’t get injured. Playing in the wrong era though- if he was in Hewitt’s era he’d have multiple Slams

Interesting this thread was created a few years ago.

I thought Kei, Milos, Berdych or Tsonga wouldve won a Slam by now.
Especially with Federer closer to 40 then 30, Djokovic having that staleness period two years ago and Nadal’s chronic knee injury.
None of the current generation can break through. Seems like Djokovic’s 60-70% best is better then Nei, Berdych etc’s 100% best.

Although Zverev is only 22, Tsitapas 20, they just need to develop their game and fitness.

We're definitely relying on the improvement in the likes of Zverev, Tsitsipas, Auger-Aliassime, Shapalov, de Minaur, Humbert etc to topple the big three. Outside a slight chance to Stan at his very best, none of the guys from the last ten years have any chance of beating a fit Novak.

Yep, Nishkori has been very unlucky with injuries.

I hope Thiem and other younger players will get the opportunity to win Grand Slams within the next few years.

After Nadal retires (lets say 2 years) Them would be $1.50 favourite to win the French.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berdych had some pretty good periods of injury-free tennis during his prime. I'd argue he himself was his biggest reason for not winning a slam.

Did but had a lot of foot and other injuries from memory. Could have jagged a Slam if he was fit during those times

Berdych had some pretty good periods of injury-free tennis during his prime. I'd argue he himself was his biggest reason for not winning a slam.
Yeah agreed I don't think injuries can be blamed at all. Famously won Paris in 2005, regularly made a lot of R4s and scares for the rest of the decade, and then was contending for several years from the 2010 FO until arguably as late as the 2018 AO. Definitely had several good opportunities to capitalise.

Tsonga can be excused for injuries, but not Berdych.

I always thought Ferrer would have got one, but alas it was not meant to be :(
Ferrer and Nishkori never had the weapons to seriously trouble the top players over five sets - particularly deep into a 128-draw tournament. I think Kei's win over Djokovic at the USO is the only time either of them managed, and it left him completely gassed for the final.

Back