Who is the best shooter of all time?

Who is the best all time shooter in NBA history?

• Jason Kapono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Penberthy

• Nikola Jokic

• Terry Mills

• Mark Price

• Kyle Korver

• Mike Miller

• Dale Ellis

• JJ Redick

• Brent Barry

• Antoine Walker

• Total voters
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Bostonian Is actually right RE Bird and Miller and Curry, when you consider the 3 Pt line was a lot further out when Larry Legend and Miller played and against a lot tougher opponents.

Don't want to diminish Curry or his achievements/career, but yes all this talk of him being the GOAT shooter is nonsense.

Before my time but I could argue both Jerry West and John Havilchek were better pure shooters tha Curry too.
There is so much wrong in your post, it’s actually hilarious.

They barely even bothered to guard the 3 point line properly in the 90s and 80s. For all this talk about big bad defences, nobody gave a s**t about guys shooting threes. Teams these days may not belt blokes but the defences are far more complicated and geared towards stopping a great shooter from getting looks. Reggie Miller wasn’t getting double teamed or seeing box and one defences from the 3 point line to prevent him having a chance to shoot like Curry does.

Bird and Miller did not shoot 3s from further out. Nice flat out lie. The line was the exact same distance as it is now. It actually was shortened briefly while Miller played. Trying to use this distance lie as an argument against Steph Curry who can hit shots consistently from anywhere past half court is one of the most bizarre arguments I’ve seen. Comparing the distances on their made 3s would be comical.

Jerry West and John Havlicek, two guys who shot 81% from the free throw line for their careers and never shots 3s because they didn’t exist are better shooters than Curry? Please.

Talk about an absolutely absurd everything old was better post.

Curry is that much better at shooting than anyone else to ever play it isn’t even funny.

Last edited:

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Pistol Pete for me.

Why no Curry cos there's hardly any defense played anymore. Curry wouldn't have survive the 80s or even early 90s era.

The Same people that say Curry is the greatest shooter of all time are the same people that say Lebron is the GOAT. You are just wrong.

Pundits are going to always talk about the greatness of the current players thats what they getting paid to do highlight the current nba.

Larry just cos he did it from everywhere when things were super-physical.

Pistol Pete, Reggie, Steph and even Nash are up there.

Agree with a mention to Drazen - was a beautiful player to watch score - taken too soon dammit.

A mid 90s Nets team of Drazen, Coleman, Anderson, Kittles and a couple of big fellas would have even pushed the Bulls.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

Why no Curry cos there's hardly any defense played anymore. Curry wouldn't have survive the 80s or even early 90s era.

The Same people that say Curry is the greatest shooter of all time are the same people that say Lebron is the GOAT. You are just wrong.

Pundits are going to always talk about the greatness of the current players thats what they getting paid to do highlight the current nba.
Hate to break it to you but there was hardly defence played on the perimeter to stop 3s when Bird played.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think Currys the greatest shooter but i think Jordans the GOAT so that *s your theory for starters. Curry would average 50 points a game with the way they defended the perimeter in the 80s

The whole "there's no defence played these days" is the stupidest thing that's ever been said regarding the NBA. It's simply the "back in my day" people that equate physicality with defence. To be fair I mostly see it on this forum, which isn't exactly overflowing with great basketball thinking.

Defence has progressed from just packing the paint and trying to bash your opponent. Even just watching something simple like a typical close out from the 80s is laughable compared to today. Have a look at rotations in the 80s, non-existent.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The whole "there's no defence played these days" is the stupidest thing that's ever been said regarding the NBA. It's simply the "back in my day" people that equate physicality with defence. To be fair I mostly see it on this forum, which isn't exactly overflowing with great basketball thinking.

Defence has progressed from just packing the paint and trying to bash your opponent. Even just watching something simple like a typical close out from the 80s is laughable compared to today. Have a look at rotations in the 80s, non-existent.
Always been certain types who see that sort of drivel as an easy way to make themselves out to be some old timer with an esteemed knowledge of the game. In actual fact has the exact opposite effect, makes you look like a nuffie with precisely no knowledge.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
According to google Steve Kerr is the greatest shooter in nba history. So ya'll wrong.
Kerr had his moments with the bulls. got the Game winning 3 pointer for the bullls in the 1997 finals.

Another bull played alright in point guard, John Paxon. Wasnt the greatest point guard in history but he too scored a game winning 3 pointer in the 1993 NBA finals.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kerr had his moments with the bulls. got the Game winning 3 pointer for the bullls in the 1997 finals.

Another bull played alright in point guard, John Paxon. Wasnt the greatest point guard in history but he too scored a game winning 3 pointer in the 1993 NBA finals.
Wasnt a 3 in the 97 finals but Paxsons was in 93. I think Kerr has the best all time 3 point %. I could be wrong

I believe these games were played with 10kg medicine balls instead of basketballs which only solidifies the superiority of the “elder statesmen”

Back