Who is the best shooter of all time?

Who is the best all time shooter in NBA history?

• Jason Kapono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Penberthy

• Nikola Jokic

• Terry Mills

• Mark Price

• Kyle Korver

• Mike Miller

• Dale Ellis

• JJ Redick

• Brent Barry

• Antoine Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

You really need to compare Steph to two players. Pick a Lillard for when he has the ball and pick a Thompson/Miller for off the ball.

He's unique.

No idea why people want to compare others to him. He's a unicorn.
Thompson Miller Rip Hamilton

Nb. However don't conflate the Kerr coaching system , what is the difference between Mark Jackson and Steve Kerr's system , they think the cattle can run a pass-motion-offense...
It's a Zeno's Paradox , how much is Steph Klay Rip Reggie , how much is the symbiosis of the offence routes , how much is the cattle(talent) that determines the scheme Kerr would institute

Nb. When LBJ put Steph to the sword in the 16/17 play-offs, Steph added 10lbs in that off-season, but now he is 10kgs(22lbs) heavier

Reggie or Rip would need to add the weight like Phills or Richmond or Marciulionis , why JJ had a tough time from Duke to Orlando , 193 88kg not going cut it

No he doesn't.
Well let's wait and see, I dont think anybody saw this coming with how good Curry is right now and the season GSW are having. With Kuminga and Wiseman to grow over the next few years. Could another Warriors dynasty be on the cards.

I've always had Steph 10-15 bracket in the GOAT discussions but that could change if we see more success for him. A 3rd MVP would be huge too and he's currently leading that race for sure.

LeBron though is top 5 GOAT so a ways to go.

Well let's wait and see, I dont think anybody saw this coming with how good Curry is right now and the season GSW are having. With Kuminga and Wiseman to grow over the next few years. Could another Warriors dynasty be on the cards.

I've always had Steph 10-15 bracket in the GOAT discussions but that could change if we see more success for him. A 3rd MVP would be huge too and he's currently leading that race for sure.

LeBron though is top 5 GOAT so a ways to go.

Steph is too far behind playoff wise to challenge LeBron. LeBron has him covered 10 time over for playoff achievements.

Steph probably around 15 for me.

Steph is too far behind playoff wise to challenge LeBron. LeBron has him covered 10 time over for playoff achievements.

Steph probably around 15 for me.
Steph doesnt have that Finals MVP yet.

I did say that I had Steph around 10-15 but if he can get a 3rd MVP and a 4th NBA Championship, he's really starting to push that top 10. But he hasnt got those yet so will just have to wait and see where the season goes.

The zenith of his shot apex makes for a ball>net combustion zone which discombobulates those who double defend at the logo longitude
It looks like a close-out and the defense was coming forward , i have seen Simmons block his shot , but no one else i recall can black his perimeter attempts , that is truly mind-chanding , Reggie Lewis got MJ four times in a Celtics-Bulls match-up till Reggie MJ has recalibrated the length of Lewis , tho he never had Kirilenko/Prince/Leonard levers , they weren't much shorter , and Lewis was 200cm barefeet

akin to trying to run Duncan Robinson off-the-line and his Rip Hamilton pattern without giving up a back-door

Robinson needs to open his checkout and pay Curry ten million per , the entire league also needs to pay LeBron two thirds of their salary

Steph doesnt have that Finals MVP yet.

I did say that I had Steph around 10-15 but if he can get a 3rd MVP and a 4th NBA Championship, he's really starting to push that top 10. But he hasnt got those yet so will just have to wait and see where the season goes.
I love Steph and you will struggle to find a bigger supporter of him than I am but he ain’t catching Lebron, he would almost need to have a better last 5-7 years of his career than he has had so far.

lebron 4 titles
Steph 3 titles

Lebron 16 all NBA teams (13 first team)
Steph 7 all NBA teams (4 first team)

Lebron 4x finals MVP
Steph 0 times finals MVP (robbed of 1)

Lebron 6x NBA All defence team (5 first team)
Steph 0x NBA all Defence

Now he does have 2 scoring titles and I think he is talked down by some in rankings all time, but it is Lebron then daylight for best player this era.

I love Steph and you will struggle to find a bigger supporter of him than I am but he ain’t catching Lebron, he would almost need to have a better last 5-7 years of his career than he has had so far.

lebron 4 titles
Steph 3 titles

Lebron 16 all NBA teams (13 first team)
Steph 7 all NBA teams (4 first team)

Lebron 4x finals MVP
Steph 0 times finals MVP (robbed of 1)

Lebron 6x NBA All defence team (5 first team)
Steph 0x NBA all Defence

Now he does have 2 scoring titles and I think he is talked down by some in rankings all time, but it is Lebron then daylight for best player this era.
LeBron is kinda done picking up accolades though. He's never winning another MVP or championship IMO. Steph I feel is entering a second sort of prime. Right now you can add a All NBA First team for him, another league MVP and big chance at another championship.

What if Steph wins two more chip and finishes with more championships than LeBron. That's a big statement.

All if's and but's though, let's see how this season shakes out.

LeBron is kinda done picking up accolades though. He's never winning another MVP or championship IMO. Steph I feel is entering a second sort of prime. Right now you can add a All NBA First team for him, another league MVP and big chance at another championship.

What if Steph wins two more chip and finishes with more championships than LeBron. That's a big statement.

apart from AD and HortonTucker * no one has to prove a thing and are in their twilight

*melo would love a championship innit

if a team is on the ascent and close to the team ability of LAL then they will eclipse the LAL over seven games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

257940191_4858091344255034_7709863421220079194_n.jpg

It is way too early in the year to be adding an MVP or championship for Curry, he is the favourite but he misses a couple weeks with injury and game over.

This time last year Lebron was one of the top 2 or 3 favourites. Lebron will still add more all stars, possibly all NBA teams and i am absolutely not ruling out another chip for him.

Even if Curry adds another MVP and 2 championships Lebron is still comfortably the better player, no disrespect to Curry who is probably my all time favourite athlete but he has limitations that Lebron didn't.

It is way too early in the year to be adding an MVP or championship for Curry, he is the favourite but he misses a couple weeks with injury and game over.

This time last year Lebron was one of the top 2 or 3 favourites. Lebron will still add more all stars, possibly all NBA teams and i am absolutely not ruling out another chip for him.

Even if Curry adds another MVP and 2 championships Lebron is still comfortably the better player, no disrespect to Curry who is probably my all time favourite athlete but he has limitations that Lebron didn't.
LeBron this time last year was spoken about in MVP discussions but right now Steph is like a clear front runner for MVP. Of course it's early, only 15 games into the season so plenty of season still to play out.

All Star nods dont mean much in the scheme of things. LeBron might add some more ALL NBA 2nd or 3rd team selections. I dont think he ever wins another MVP. Too many guys have gone by him. Curry, Durant, Jokic and you know Embiid wants one and Doncic will be hard to beat in the next few years and then there is Giannis too.

Two chips would actually hurt LeBron's legacy more than it would help Curry's to be honest. You cant lay claims to be the greatest player of all time, better than MJ if someone playing in the same era as you wins more than you.

So two chips for Curry would be huge but of course, right now he only has three and winning one is difficult, never mind two. Of course you can never rule out LeBron either but his Lakers team this year doesnt look like a championship team.

LeBron this time last year was spoken about in MVP discussions but right now Steph is like a clear front runner for MVP. Of course it's early, only 15 games into the season so plenty of season still to play out.

All Star nods dont mean much in the scheme of things. LeBron might add some more ALL NBA 2nd or 3rd team selections. I dont think he ever wins another MVP. Too many guys have gone by him. Curry, Durant, Jokic and you know Embiid wants one and Doncic will be hard to beat in the next few years and then there is Giannis too.

Two chips would actually hurt LeBron's legacy more than it would help Curry's to be honest. You cant lay claims to be the greatest player of all time, better than MJ if someone playing in the same era as you wins more than you.

So two chips for Curry would be huge but of course, right now he only has three and winning one is difficult, never mind two. Of course you can never rule out LeBron either but his Lakers team this year doesnt look like a championship team.
The Lakers team has looked almost completely different each year since Lebron has arrived, i am never putting anything past a franchise that big with a star that big.

Even if we give Steph and MVP and 2 more chips (like you said not easy)

That still has him 1 MVP down, 3 or 4 finals MVP's, a ton of all defence teams, all NBA teams. Lebron is just on another level.

Also sometimes things happen, Pippen has 6 chips but is obviously not half the player Lebron is. Steph Is going to be a top 10 all time player imo, he is the greatest shooter of all time by a very large margin. He is just not on the level of Lebron though.

The Lakers team has looked almost completely different each year since Lebron has arrived, i am never putting anything past a franchise that big with a star that big.

Even if we give Steph and MVP and 2 more chips (like you said not easy)

That still has him 1 MVP down, 3 or 4 finals MVP's, a ton of all defence teams, all NBA teams. Lebron is just on another level.

Also sometimes things happen, Pippen has 6 chips but is obviously not half the player Lebron is. Steph Is going to be a top 10 all time player imo, he is the greatest shooter of all time by a very large margin. He is just not on the level of Lebron though.
The Lakers team looking different every year is the GM's (LeBron) fault. No continuity in his teams means they are trying to work it out all season and it falls apart in the playoffs. You cant count out a team with LeBron and AD but the West is really tough and too many better teams. I cant see the Lakers making the finals.

Steph would still be down quite a few individual accolades yeah but its the two chips which would hugely change the argument. But that's if's and but's as I said, winning one is difficult, two obviously super difficult.

If we're playing hypothetical though, and Steph wins two more to make it 5 championships to LeBron's 4. That's a huge kick in the nuts for LeBrons designs on GOAT status. To not even win the most championships in your own era will really hurt but LeBron knows that. He knows he needs more rings I'm just not sure he can get it with this current Lakers team.

It's very possible LeBron ends up winning more championships elsewhere but not as the No.1 guy. I mean he doesnt appear to be slowing down and could play into his early 40's but he will obviously no longer be the best player on his team but more a role player. But those championship dont count as much as when you're best player on the team. It's why nobody talks about Horry in GOAT discussions despite him winning more championships than Jordan.

Curry's added muscle ~20lbs since '16/17 . He knows they will bring the heat in conf. semi-finals , conference finals , and championship run if they make it , which tells me some teams may actually look to Ben Simmons as a finals Rodman/Dumas to put the *clamps on Curry

*'clamps' is relative , the percentage will be result of boxscore make/miss binary , you can never lock down an nba offensive player , they are too talented , so Simmons/Thybulle level defense , getting Steph to shoot two% or three% worse over a seven-game series may not be immediately apparent if Curry has been Curry-hot over three or four games , but they would have nonetheless performed DPotY lockdown* unrewarded but made him work.

I would not be surprised to see a move for Thybulle or Simmons by trade deadline . NB if Simmons limitations can be placed in an offense-dowel system and salary cap. Or Jrue Holliday on Bucks.

Last edited:

doesn't need Klay

therefore my thesis on Simmons trade-equity will be greatest as a team in the western conference needs to go through Curry , how can Clutch Sports and Rob Palinka finangle a trade for the Australian in Philly , now obvious asterisk is the contract and money and trade exchange , who can stop Steph shooting lights-out ? no-one . Ben , Kawhi , Jrue , Mattise , Lu Dort

Back