Who is the best shooter of all time?

Who is the best all time shooter in NBA history?

• Jason Kapono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Penberthy

• Nikola Jokic

• Terry Mills

• Mark Price

• Kyle Korver

• Mike Miller

• Dale Ellis

• JJ Redick

• Brent Barry

• Antoine Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah this is some skip type s**t, the best shooter is the guy who is the best shooter. 1st quarter or a buzzer beater. Up 40 or tied game.

The answer is Steph and no logical argument can be made for anyone else

Of course it can.

Steph might be the greatest 3 point shooter ever but that doesn't mean he's better than others at different spots on the court.

If it's 15 ft from the ring and you two defenders guarding you and none of this modern day soft as s**t contact rules then no way I'm taking Steph to take that shot if my life is on the line on that shot.

Of course it can.

Steph might be the greatest 3 point shooter ever but that doesn't mean he's better than others at different spots on the court.

If it's 15 ft from the ring and you two defenders guarding you and none of this modern day soft as s**t contact rules then no way I'm taking Steph to take that shot if my life is on the line on that shot.
Right so if you change the rules and are talking about taking a bad shot you can maybe take a few ahead of him in that hypothetical scenario.

Right so if you change the rules and are talking about taking a bad shot you can maybe take a few ahead of him in that hypothetical scenario.

It's not changing the rules. It's making him play under rules that others had too.

Players like Jordan and Bird were defended very physically in their eras. Far more contact and close checking happened with no calls .

How Steph would go in that style of play or how others from other eras would go in today's far more shooter friendly environment who knows.

It's not changing the rules. It's making him play under rules that others had too.

Players like Jordan and Bird were defended very physically in their eras. Far more contact and close checking happened with no calls .

How Steph would go in that style of play or how others from other eras would go in today's far more shooter friendly environment who knows.
He gets picked up at half court, doubled constantly, gets very few calls compared to most stars.

Who knows how a Jordan or Bird would go in different rules, all we can do is asses players on what they have done.

Curry is clearly by a long way the best 3 point shooter in history, he has the number 1 free throw % in NBA history, he had an insane floater from the mid range.

Name me a player who you can legit argue is a better shooter

He gets picked up at half court, doubled constantly, gets very few calls compared to most stars.

Who knows how a Jordan or Bird would go in different rules, all we can do is asses players on what they have done.

Curry is clearly by a long way the best 3 point shooter in history, he has the number 1 free throw % in NBA history, he had an insane floater from the mid range.

Name me a player who you can legit argue is a better shooter

I don't rate 3 point shooting.

Soft utensil basketball.

Basketball is infinitely shitter for the 3 point scourge that is the NBA today.

I don't rate 3 point shooting.

Soft utensil basketball.

Basketball is infinitely shitter for the 3 point scourge that is the NBA today.
Okay so you don’t rate efficient basketball… sports evolve, why do you watch it if you don’t like it? Deal with it or move on.

Besides you don’t have to like it, but refusing to rate it just because you don’t like it is silly

Okay so you don’t rate efficient basketball… sports evolve, why do you watch it if you don’t like it? Deal with it or move on.

Besides you don’t have to like it, but refusing to rate it just because you don’t like it is silly

Evolved doesn't mean to a better standard.

It's gone backwards in terms of skilled players within a team.

You only have to look at the woeful decline of big men skills in the league to see that.

Even the PG position and ability to distribute has gone backwards in terms of guards passing ability depth.

I watch because Tatum actually has some old school play about his game.

Evolved doesn't mean to a better standard.

It's gone backwards in terms of skilled players within a team.

You only have to look at the woeful decline of big men skills in the league to see that.

Even the PG position and ability to distribute has gone backwards in terms of guards passing ability depth.

I watch because Tatum actually has some old school play about his game.
Sure and the league has the bulk of the best shooters in the history of the game at the moment

The league has some of the most elite scorers the game has ever seen especially at the guard position

The league has some of the best athletes we have ever seen

The big men skills went for years and now we have Embiid and Jokic who are two of the most skilled big men of all time.

I think the league also has more depth of talent then we have seen in years and years right now.

The irony of you criticising the way players play these days but watching still because of a player that turns the ball over a lot, takes a lot of poor shots and actually plays a modern brand of basketball.

And even if you want to argue all of that, it is still irrelevant. The topic of this thread is best shooter of all time, you may not like how he plays but Steph is the best and most well rounded shooter and you are yet to mount any case to argue that.

Steph would be fine in any era. He's bigger than Isiah, Mark Price and a host of point guards from that era that went just fine.

306746432_5174468086008783_7122899580016508735_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we even have this thread when you have players from all different eras of the game?

Are talking 3pt shooters or blokes who can make shots while being smothered?

I chose Bird as a great jump shooter but then you have Ray Allen who has arguably the best motion of all time.
We are talking all of the above and there is only one correct answer

Oh cmon.

The gap between Steph and whoever is 2nd is bigger than any other skill and whoever is 2nd at that skill.

I think that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Idk kd bird and co. Were/are pretty good.

Being huge handy too

Without looking at the numbers cp3 mid range is pretty solid iirc

Back