Who is the best young key forward in the league (25 or younger at the end of this year)?

Who is the best young key forward in the league (born 1995 or later)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
So it's a slightly arbitrary cut-off point but I'm basically saying born 1995 or later.

Who's the best young key forward within those parameters?

A lot of people might say Jordan De Goey but I don't really consider him a key forward, although I assume that will be debated. But, in light of that, who is it?

For the record, Eric Hipwood and Ben King currently have the most goals this season of players who qualify.

According to the weird AFL rating points, GWS have the top two in Jeremy Finlayson and Harry Himmelberg. Make of that what you will.

Is anyone willing to declare that the King twins are already #1 and #2?

Is there a case for Aaron Naughton or Charlie Curnow despite limited appearances this year?

Last edited:

Sam Weideman having a good year since Not playing the first 4 games.

12 goals in 6 games. Average of 2 a game, equal 7th in the league.

compared to Charlie Dixon 2.1, or Ben King 1.6, or Hipwood 1.5 or Max King 1.5

The King bros then Naughton

I like how Weideman is going for us but he probably wouldn't be in the top 5 currently

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libbafan

Rookie
Jun 7, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Also, is this where we ask if Eric Hipwood is actually a key forward, or a 6'8" flanker who struggles to take a contested mark?
You could say the same about Jeremy Cameron, and they have similar strengths. Bith surprisingly quick. In times of yore they'd be regarded as centre half forwards.

Back